Words From The Wise...your Favorites

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh...the great Richard Hooker, doctor of the Church of England, wisest of all is the man who knows the limits of his wisdom.

"Dangerous it were for the feeble brain of man to wade too far into the doings of the Most High; whom although to know be life, and joy to make mention of his name, yet our soundest knowledge is to know that we know him not as indeed he is, neither can know him; and our safest eloquence concerning him is our silence, when we confess without confession that his glory is inexplicable, his greatness above our capacity and reach."

"And those people should not be listened to who keep saying the voice of the people is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness." ~ Alcuin of York

"A spoon cannot taste of the food it carries. Likewise, a foolish man cannot understand the wise man's wisdom even if he associates with a sage." ~ His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"Keep on keepin' on." ~ Bob Dylan

"I love you." ~ Anonymous

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.Marshall McLuhan

Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right.

All I ask is a chance to prove money can't make me happy.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. ~Charles Schulz

Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps.

My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn. ~Louis Adamic

And this one sums up my week so far....

"There's a schizophrenic part of me that will snap on you like a rice crispy." -- Bobby Brown

"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest." -Guru Kurt Vonnegut

When looking at this photo from the hubble telescope, I wonder....is there ANYONE out there who gets my jokes?!

I see you sent this message about a 23 days 9 hours 41 min. 22 secs ago...I just got it now. Let me know how long it takes to get back to you! Anyway, the math should give you an idea of how far away we are from each other! Vonnegut for Supreme Dictator!

Blessings of Peace,

For he who feels he's being ingnored....

Brilliant is not the adjective I'd use to describe these men. My response to what you deem to be "wisdom".........Ppppppppbbbbbbbbbbbtttttttthhhhhhhh!!!!!

It is a common thing for people here to refute a thing without refuting a thing. It smacks or a purely emotional and ideologial response, rather than a logical one.

Please prove me wrong: Tell me how any of the quotes I cited are in any way wrong. Thank you.

Happy,

Love'm all. Youv'e got my libertarian spirit all fired up. I gotta go donate $10 to the Ron Paul Campaign

Best advice I ever got came from my 1st grade teacher: "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit"

If your point is that both dominate political parties are self-serving and corrupt, then I agree with you post.

The answer to that, and I'm sure you will disagree, is found in the reformational platform found within the Tea Party. If/When you disagree, let's discuss. I look forward....

I don't really get your post Happy. I liked your quotes. I am very libertarian at heart and I support Ron Paul although I'll probably be pulling the lever for Gary Johnson since the Mitt has sown up the nomination...I like a good portion of what the Tea Party espouses but I think there needs to be a little more ideological unity within the organization before it can really exploit its interllectual and emotional power. Right now it seems like an uneasy alliance of libertarians, anti-taxers, social conservatives, militarists, and good old fashioned Obama haters who are united on what they oppose but far less so on what they support.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations. ~Albert Einstein~

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I love this one! It's a slight misquote, but it's meaning isn't altered. (limits)

Edited by Songster

My favourite-

“The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you

Don't go back to sleep!

You must ask for what you really want.

Don't go back to sleep!

People are going back and forth

across the doorsill where the two worlds touch,

The door is round and open

Don't go back to sleep!”

Rumi

blessings and love,

S

~ Pegs is/was a member here & wrote this...

" Whatch your thoughts, they are words

Choose your words, they are actions

Understand actions, thay are habits

Study habits, they are character

Develop character, it is destiny"

:friends:

Take an example from my vacuum cleaner: the messier life gets around it, the more it sucks it up and deals with it. - My grandmother.

The bread needs the yeast to rise. Even the smallest creatures make things better when they do the work God put them here for. - Another from Grandmom.

Your clothes won't care who washed them, the lawn won't care who mowed it, the furniture won't care who dusted it, and the silver won't care who polished it. If it needs doing, do it. You live in this house, you work to make it better - my parents.

When you finish your work, help your family finish theirs. There is always something you can do to help in this house. - My parents

There is no such thing as saying "thank you" too often - Me, after being written up by a manager for thanking my staff "too often."

Take an example from my vacuum cleaner: the messier life gets around it, the more it sucks it up and deals with it. - My grandmother.

The bread needs the yeast to rise. Even the smallest creatures make things better when they do the work God put them here for. - Another from Grandmom.

Your clothes won't care who washed them, the lawn won't care who mowed it, the furniture won't care who dusted it, and the silver won't care who polished it. If it needs doing, do it. You live in this house, you work to make it better - my parents.

When you finish your work, help your family finish theirs. There is always something you can do to help in this house. - My parents

There is no such thing as saying "thank you" too often - Me, after being written up by a manager for thanking my staff "too often."

You vome from wise stock Bro.. It shows

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it polite?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a point when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular, but one must take it because one's conscience tells him or her that it is right." --MLK Jr.

"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest." -Guru Kurt Vonnegut

600px-Hubble_ultra_deep_field_high_rez_edit1.jpg

When looking at this photo from the hubble telescope, I wonder....is there ANYONE out there who gets my jokes?!

look at he 14th spec from the right, 8th from the bottom-near the saucer shape: I think there is someone over there...

• Amulet locked this topic