Right To Be Wrong

mererdog

God is not necessary to understand human rights or morality.

"Understanding" is subjective... totally dependant upon one's knowledge and experience. "Human rights" are founded upon an assumption that human beings possess a value and worth based on our association with and dependant upon the existance of an Eternal, Omnipotent, and Supreme Being. "Morality" is the practice of characteristics that reflect an acknowledgement of the existance of a Supreme Being. Despite your denial... God (by what ever name you wish to assign Him) IS necessary.

Edited by Songster

"Understanding" is subjective... totally dependant upon one's knowledge and experience. "Human rights" are founded upon an assumption that human beings possess a value and worth based on our association with and dependant upon the existance of an Eternal, Omnipotent, and Supreme Being. "Morality" is the practice of characteristics that reflect an acknowledgement of the existance of a Supreme Being. Despite your denial... God (by what ever name you wish to assign Him) IS necessary.

your opinion.i happen to disagree.i do not see a need for any deity by whatever name you choose to call it.

Ok. Here's something more specific for you....

Is worshiping false idols wrong? Do people ever have a right to worship false idols?

Yes, I believe people have every right to worship false idols. Because what's false to me, may be very real to them.

I believe a persons 'rights' end when whatever they're worshipping becomes detrimental to others. In other words, the right to worship an idol ends when it involves sacrificing children. When Islamic extremist decide that every infidel who doesn't agree with them needs to die, then I have a problem with it.

people can do "wrong" and suffer the consequences. That is the larger picture that people usually don't consider, that all actions have intended and unintended consequences. If the government thinks that what you did was wrong, that doesn't prevent you from doing it.

I fell asleep last night, again, with the TV on and awoke to "Clash of the Titans" and heard Liam Neeson (Zeus?) say something provocative...."we need people to pray to the gods, without it we lose our power!" ...as he was talking to Perceus. A few minutes later I was back in ethereal dispatch but that must of been the catalyst for my dreams. Did "God" or the "gods" create mankind or did mankind create "God/gods"? seemed to be the focus of at least two dreams I remember bits of.

Even now as I sit here in foggy, achy, body revenge...for having done waaaay too much the last few days, it is a thought that permeates my thinking. I would think the evidence would dictate we created the gods/God as we have absolutely zip, zero nada to indicate they/He created us. No, I don't consider books written and rewritten by man to be proof of anything.

Basic instincts tells us cooperation and friendly exchange with people is less threatening than being at odds or at war with others, therefore a simple survival method to be moral, ethical and do good for all rather than bad, thus turning everyone else against you. Over the past 250,000 years we've refined and defined this sense of "moral code" into the highest level of "survival mode". We're at odds with those who do not share our own sense of right and wrong, therefore learn at an early age to climb on the morality bandwagon to gain the highest number of allies. While those that don't may get away with harming others for a time, it usually doesn't last very long.

Of course we have the Right to be Wrong, it's just not in our best interest to do so. One can not stand against the masses, regardless of what the masses sense of morality may be. It is not necessary to have created gods or God, as it is survival mode to have a moral code, a natural response to Continuation. If "God"/gods had created us, there would be no question our origins would be instilled within us and this would all be a moot point.

Blessings of Peace,

• 2 weeks later...

I fell asleep last night, again, with the TV on and awoke to "Clash of the Titans" and heard Liam Neeson (Zeus?) say something provocative...."we need people to pray to the gods, without it we lose our power!" ...as he was talking to Perceus. A few minutes later I was back in ethereal dispatch but that must of been the catalyst for my dreams. Did "God" or the "gods" create mankind or did mankind create "God/gods"? seemed to be the focus of at least two dreams I remember bits of.

Even now as I sit here in foggy, achy, body revenge...for having done waaaay too much the last few days, it is a thought that permeates my thinking. I would think the evidence would dictate we created the gods/God as we have absolutely zip, zero nada to indicate they/He created us. No, I don't consider books written and rewritten by man to be proof of anything.

Basic instincts tells us cooperation and friendly exchange with people is less threatening than being at odds or at war with others, therefore a simple survival method to be moral, ethical and do good for all rather than bad, thus turning everyone else against you. Over the past 250,000 years we've refined and defined this sense of "moral code" into the highest level of "survival mode". We're at odds with those who do not share our own sense of right and wrong, therefore learn at an early age to climb on the morality bandwagon to gain the highest number of allies. While those that don't may get away with harming others for a time, it usually doesn't last very long.

Of course we have the Right to be Wrong, it's just not in our best interest to do so. One can not stand against the masses, regardless of what the masses sense of morality may be. It is not necessary to have created gods or God, as it is survival mode to have a moral code, a natural response to Continuation. If "God"/gods had created us, there would be no question our origins would be instilled within us and this would all be a moot point.

Blessings of Peace,

We are still creating our gods. We just don't know it.

Look at the Statue of Liberty. What is it? A personification of Freedom. All that's missing is an altar, for the priests to perform their rituals.

:D

We are still creating our gods. We just don't know it.

Look at the Statue of Liberty. What is it? A personification of Freedom. All that's missing is an altar, for the priests to perform their rituals.

:D

:doh: I thought that was what the tiered footing was for!! :rofl:

I have always thought the worship of Liberty was our de facto national religion. It is something millions of Americans have always been willing to die and kill for. It seems we are now being overwhelmed with heretics to our Goddess. Tolerance is stretched thin to breaking on both sides. A new religious war is brewing. It is time to seize the New Jerusalem from the heathen invaders of this holy place. Dea Vult! :paladin:

Edited by panpareil

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes doing "wrong" is the right thing to do, just as doing the "right" thing can often be wrong.

Perception.

There are no rights granted to us, not in the natural sense - only through the kindly interventions of your friendly neighborhood politician. They want - they NEED - to exert that control, that power over you, so they make up some new set of "rights" to "grant" you.

And what is given can be taken away. Thus, power and control.

If you choose to not play their games - if you "stand against the masses", as Atwater Vitki said is not possible - then you will not be controlled by them. But it takes strength, fortitude and character, traits sadly lacking in much of our society.

There are no rights granted to us, not in the natural sense - only through the kindly interventions of your friendly neighborhood politician. They want - they NEED - to exert that control, that power over you, so they make up some new set of "rights" to "grant" you.

And what is given can be taken away. Thus, power and control.

Rights that exist because they are given can be just as easily taken away, and are really only temporary privileges.

This means for the common man there is no difference in their status under the rule of a king, a committee, a pope, or a mob.

Which is why the US was not founded on these flawed and inequitable premises.

The assumption in the founding of this nation is that rights cannot be granted by men, which means if rights are to exist they must exist intrinsically.

In essence we our each our only ruler. Elected officials are our emissaries, functionaries, and servants, not our rulers.

It is within our power to disband the government entirely, just as it was created in the first place.

It depends what that wrong is. There is society that says what is wrong according to law--and there is conscience. But--what is wrong in one country which is considered to be wrong, may be right with personal conscience or in an other country. So then is there an actual wrong? Or is it individual?

One has to respect the law, but concience is respecting one`s moral standing. Killing is said to be wrong--yet killing in war is right. Why? If we accept the word of God to be true--any killing would be wrong for me anyway.This is the conscienc part--for an other it is right.---imho.

The bottom line for me personally--do what iyou feel is right !For then we are following conscience.

blessings,

Suzanne

Blessings of Peace,

Right on--perfect Al! :paladin: Exactly!

blessings,

Suzanne

Edited by Zequatanil

Sometimes doing "wrong" is the right thing to do, just as doing the "right" thing can often be wrong.

Perception.

You know the story of the blind guys and the elephant? One guy perceives a tree, another a snake, and so on? Well, thinking it was a snake didn't stop it from being an elephant, did it? Why think that right and wrong are different than the elephant? You know, maybe the fact that perceptions about right and wrong vary merely proves that at least some of us are blind men groping at things too big for us to get a good grip on....

There are no rights granted to us, not in the natural sense -
What do you mean by "in the natural sense"?

Oh, and hi. :tease:

• Amulet locked this topic