Blessed are the Peacemakers

mieshec

21 minutes ago, mieshec said:

OH JONATHAN......Christian love.....2 Timiothy 3.... All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I dont know if you quite understood the passage referring to BarBq jokes....In not the Pitmaster at this BarBq...God is....so it must be Gods love you are referring too.....im repeating my understanding....You see to get into Heaven.....God has an extreme vetting policy.....im just a servant....i just convey to the humans what Gods intentions are....the manuscripts in scripture have never been proven to be false on any level....it has a history over 5000 years.....so this pious oaf is stating FACT......not only do you need thearpy....but you might want to take up a few communication classes in college

You can actually say that, with a straight face?  Without laughing?

Norse mythology is full of much better stories, with better plot and more interesting, believable characters.

When you learn to write an English sentence, then you can give me crap about communication classes.  I won't care, but at least you can pretend to be able to write.

:coffee:

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

9 hours ago, cuchulain said:

Because in posts where we said christians use terror, you specified you think it means final death instead of bbq...which were you lying about?

Being barbecued is an indirect reference to final death. So there's no lie,  just your inability to associate the Lake of Fire with being barbecued. (i.e; Lake of Fire = Fried alive, boiled or barbecued). Its a belief, not a threat.

7 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

You lack imagination.  And integrity.     :mellow:

You've said that I believe in a book of fairy tales, so I must have a vivid imagination. You can't believe in anything you can't see, that's a lack of imagination. Integrity is rooted in strong moral principles, what set of principles do you adhere to?

54 minutes ago, Dan56 said:

Being barbecued is an indirect reference to final death. So there's no lie,  just your inability to associate the Lake of Fire with being barbecued. (i.e; Lake of Fire = Fried alive, boiled or barbecued). Its a belief, not a threat.

You've said that I believe in a book of fairy tales, so I must have a vivid imagination. You can't believe in anything you can't see, that's a lack of imagination. Integrity is rooted in strong moral principles, what set of principles do you adhere to?

The threat that isn't a threat.  I've been preached at all my life.  You don't get to redefine my experience.  Or history.  Or reality.

You do love changing the subject.  Before you start foaming about objective morality -- people wrote the books.  

12 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

The threat that isn't a threat.  I've been preached at all my life.  You don't get to redefine my experience.  Or history.  Or reality.

You do love changing the subject.  Before you start foaming about objective morality -- people wrote the books.  

How can you be threatened by a book you don't believe is true? Unless you take the 'fairy tale' serious, it can't possibly be perceived as a threat, so how can it be a reality to you? e.g; if someone quoted 'The Three Little Pigs' to me, I wouldn't be threatened by a big bad wolf who says "I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house down".

No change in subject, you claim I lacked imagination because I couldn't conceive of how what I wrote could be construed as a threat. My counterpoint was that you can't imagine any of it being true, so how could any of it be relative to you? Same with integrity, your morals aren't related to a belief, so your integrity is derived from your own internal sense of right & wrong, with no outside set of principles influencing or guiding what you think. And I have no objection with objective morality that's rooted in common sense. Also, people inspired by the Holy Spirit wrote the books, "No prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation" ( 2 Peter 1:20).

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

How can you be threatened by a book you don't believe is true? Unless you take the 'fairy tale' serious, it can't possibly be perceived as a threat, so how can it be a reality to you? e.g; if someone quoted 'The Three Little Pigs' to me, I wouldn't be threatened by a big bad wolf who says "I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house down".

No change in subject, you claim I lacked imagination because I couldn't conceive of how what I wrote could be construed as a threat. My counterpoint was that you can't imagine any of it being true, so how could any of it be relative to you? Same with integrity, your morals aren't related to a belief, so your integrity is derived from your own internal sense of right & wrong, with no outside set of principles influencing or guiding what you think. And I have no objection with objective morality that's rooted in common sense. Also, people inspired by the Holy Spirit wrote the books, "No prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation" ( 2 Peter 1:20).

:wall:     I'm done here.

🏳️     I don't care any more.

:sigh2:      I don't need the irritation.

:mellow:     Have a blessed day.

18 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I don't need the irritation.

None intended... No one was threatening anybody. Christians just believe nonbelievers will perish, but folks who don't share such a believe should not feel threatened or care about it. That was my only point.

1 hour ago, Dan56 said:

None intended... No one was threatening anybody. Christians just believe nonbelievers will perish, but folks who don't share such a believe should not feel threatened or care about it. That was my only point.

You have not been stuck in the subway, or other public place, while a Hellfire preacher preached.  It's annoying.  The smug arrogance of it all.  Preaching salvation at me, while making terrorist threats.  You don't get that?  Never mind.  I'm done.

:mellow:

6 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

You have not been stuck in the subway, or other public place, while a Hellfire preacher preached.  It's annoying.  The smug arrogance of it all.  Preaching salvation at me, while making terrorist threats.  You don't get that?  Never mind.  I'm done.

I guess I don't get the "threatening" part, but I get the "annoying" part.. If I were stuck in a subway with a Muslim who was preaching damnation & hell, I'd find it annoying but I wouldn't be afraid or terrorized because I wouldn't  believe any of it.. I also agree that a subway is not the place to force a captive audience to listen, because they don't have the option to walk away and avoid it.

6 hours ago, Dan56 said:

I guess I don't get the "threatening" part, but I get the "annoying" part.. If I were stuck in a subway with a Muslim who was preaching damnation & hell, I'd find it annoying but I wouldn't be afraid or terrorized because I wouldn't  believe any of it.. I also agree that a subway is not the place to force a captive audience to listen, because they don't have the option to walk away and avoid it.

You don't understand me at all.  One last time.  As simple as I can make it.

I am not afraid of Hell Fire.  I find it ludicrous.

What I deeply resent, is the attempt to make me afraid.  That is terrorism.

:sigh2:

Does the distinction between fear and resentment, really confuse you?

Never in my life have I ever worried about what people think of me....what people call me...im a man of peace and i strive at that...id like to say....Im better than that....when i was a child in the 60's my parents attended a baptist church...the baptist are all about hell fire and damnation....one day my Sunday school decided to take all the kids into the sanctuary and teach them about this hell fire and damnation...it freaked me out.....they gave me one of those little Bible story tracts that the baptists are known to hand out....and on the back it basically told this 8 year old kid i was going to hell if I didnt love Jesus....so there was instructions in the book to write.... I love Jesus....and you are saved...i was caught in school writing.....i love Jesus.....and it was like pages of it....more than i was willing to devote to homework....i was seen by a psychiatrist...my parents were called....they wondered what freaked me out.....and that kind of set me down the path to understanding scripture....you see....ive been pursuing the truth for over 50 years....I have a very unique understanding....and it wont be found in any church in this world....i promise.....its learning what the word of God is.....and it isnt found in a church.....you dont have to do anything......you dont have to tell anyone.....Just believe....and thats all that is required by God for an eternity to be with God....its so simple....yet evryone makes it so difficult....if it offends you....than dont let it bother you....move on....it will never bother me...and their is nothing you can do or say to offend me

19 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

What I deeply resent, is the attempt to make me afraid.  That is terrorism.

Does the distinction between fear and resentment, really confuse you?

Lets just say that we don't define it the same way.. If I'm terrorized, I'm afraid, but apparently you just resent hearing something you don't agree with.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:23 PM, Dan56 said:

How can you be threatened by a book you don't believe is true? [....]

Very easy; because there are people who do terrible things with that book as their "justification". Now that threatens/frightens me... personally...

So also anybody giving that book legitimacy and spreading its message as 100% truth is prolonging that suffering...

It is a book. It should be taken as a book. You can learn a lot from it, or not... You can have fun with it, or not...

But you can never, EVER take any book for 100% truth.

1 hour ago, RevBogovac said:

Very easy; because there are people who do terrible things with that book as their "justification". Now that threatens/frightens me... personally...

So also anybody giving that book legitimacy and spreading its message as 100% truth is prolonging that suffering...

It is a book. It should be taken as a book. You can learn a lot from it, or not... You can have fun with it, or not...

Nice try.  It will fail, but nice try.     :drinks:

8 hours ago, RevBogovac said:

No doubt, religious fanatics do use radical views of their belief as justification to do bad things, but I believe its unfair to condemn an entire book as something that only prolongs suffering. Love your neighbors, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and the promise of eternal life aren't negative messages. And sorry, but I do accept the bible as 100% truth.. Call me crazy :crazyeyes:

6 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

What?  

Think about it... You said you weren't afraid, but just resented being terrorized.. So you obviously didn't like or agree what you were listening to.

5 hours ago, Dan56 said:

No doubt, religious fanatics do use radical views of their belief as justification to do bad things, but I believe its unfair to condemn an entire book as something that only prolongs suffering. Love your neighbors, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and the promise of eternal life aren't negative messages. And sorry, but I do accept the bible as 100% truth.. Call me crazy :crazyeyes:

Think about it... You said you weren't afraid, but just resented being terrorized.. So you obviously didn't like or agree what you were listening to.

I explained as carefully as I could, that I resent it, when people try to make me afraid.

You responded with this.      but apparently you just resent hearing something you don't agree with.

Today, you come out with this.   but just resented being terrorized..

I honestly can't figure out if you're trying to provoke me -- or if there is something seriously wrong with your mind.  Either way, I'm wasting my effort on you.  Either way, there is no point in my going on.  I'm done.

2 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I explained as carefully as I could, that I resent it, when people try to make me afraid.

You responded with this.      but apparently you just resent hearing something you don't agree with.

Today, you come out with this.   but just resented being terrorized..

Its all essentially the same thing, the difference is just a play on words that you seem to struggle with.. I understand that you simply find it annoying to listen to a hellfire preacher because you resent someone trying to instill fear in you. I may have phrased it a little differently, but you did write that you weren't afraid, so I inferred that you didn't agree with the terror tactics used and resented someone trying to put the fear of God into you in a threatening fashion... The only thing I misunderstood was how someone could feel threatened by something they don't even believe, but you've plainly explained that its only the attempt to make you afraid that you resent. No problem, some Christians don't like it either, so they just listen to Joel Osteen to avoid being offended, he's more of an upbeat motivational speaker who never mentions hell. :angel_not:

6 hours ago, Dan56 said:

Its all essentially the same thing, the difference is just a play on words that you seem to struggle with.. I understand that you simply find it annoying to listen to a hellfire preacher because you resent someone trying to instill fear in you. I may have phrased it a little differently, but you did write that you weren't afraid, so I inferred that you didn't agree with the terror tactics used and resented someone trying to put the fear of God into you in a threatening fashion... The only thing I misunderstood was how someone could feel threatened by something they don't even believe, but you've plainly explained that its only the attempt to make you afraid that you resent. No problem, some Christians don't like it either, so they just listen to Joel Osteen to avoid being offended, he's more of an upbeat motivational speaker who never mentions hell. :angel_not: