What do you think is the biggest misconception...?

5 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

I was talking about the people who spread the terrorist doctrine of Damnation.  That leaves out all the non-terrorist Christians who don't spread this evil doctrine.  Who do not insist that everyone else is going to Hell.  Also,  all the non-terrorist Muslims.  

The goal of terrorism is to get others to submit through fear.  That is the essence of Damnation doctrine.  The rest of us do NOT -- repeat NOT -- need to respond with violence.  The occasional odd -- "Piss off" -- is an appropriate response.  If we can stiffen the old spine to "resist".   Or are you afraid to be rude to the people who threaten you with Perdition?  

We're someone to threaten to kill me I might get upset. When someone threatens to have their G/god do it without human intervention then I snicker to myself. I would not take threats of eternal damnnation seriously if it was to take place after my death and no one was looking to speed it along.

I think the biggest misconception in all of this is that any of us require understanding from others in order to be what we are.  I am certain to misconstrue others in the future, and I believe others will misconstrue me.  Whether deliberate or accident, it really is irrelevant to what I consider myself. 

And yet, I find myself discussing such things with others on a regular basis...kind of contradictory to myself, I guess.

1 hour ago, Brother Kaman said:

We're someone to threaten to kill me I might get upset. When someone threatens to have their G/god do it without human intervention then I snicker to myself. I would not take threats of eternal damnnation seriously if it was to take place after my death and no one was looking to speed it along.

Well, you are God.   :D   

34 minutes ago, cuchulain said:

I think the biggest misconception in all of this is that any of us require understanding from others in order to be what we are.  I am certain to misconstrue others in the future, and I believe others will misconstrue me.  Whether deliberate or accident, it really is irrelevant to what I consider myself. 

And yet, I find myself discussing such things with others on a regular basis...kind of contradictory to myself, I guess.

It's alright.  We are contradictory creatures.     :D   

In response to the original post...

I identify myself as a Karmic Creationist. As far as I know, I am the only traveler on this particular path to Understanding.  Few are aware of my religion or it's tenets, so I get few questions. While I have no desire to proselytize,  I welcome earnest inquiries from individuals honestly seeking knowledge and enlightenment.

• Like 1