A "thank You" To Ulc Forum People :)

by way of explanation:

I quit writing poetry a couple of decades ago, when "average everyday life" took precedence over anything of a creative nature. when I came to this forum, a number of people urged me to start doing it again. well, I continued to do so, despite the fact that I was never able to regain my "youthful talent."

recently, I came across the notebooks I'd filled since I first started here on the forum. decided to take on a lil personal project- gathering together ones to keep. in doing so, it was like one of those "little lightbulbs" going off-- while in some instances the "crappy little attempts at poetry" were in fact the only 'voice' I had, reading them made something clear which to me is even more important: my words, and forming the words, were in no way unique-- they could have come from anyone who was in similar situations. not sure whether anyone would understand why that's so important- but to me it is.

this was also my first attempt at designing a book cover- needless to say, I'm not an artist.

so, "anyways," I just want to thank the people here who prodded me to keep on writing.

post-10077-1237592434_thumbjpeg

Your graphic looks great as a book cover,

but I think the text is too small.

Also, the only prerequisite to being an artist is to create artwork.

Second, it only takes one person to decide if something is a art piece.

Third, that person does not even need to be the artist.

Fourth, the art piece does not even need to be man made.

Fifth, an artist is hardy ever completely satisfied with any work,

but just comes to a point where it will do.

I am confident in making these assertions because I was schooled in art, :smart:

and I made a living as an artist for fifteen years before I moved on to something else. :cool:

........, just too much blank space. .......

No its perfect it made me think of my soul awash in the void of the web of life and the blurry shoreline made me wonder if its all an illusion. And my voice seems so small in reference to it all.

No its perfect it made me think of my soul awash in the void of the web of life and the blurry shoreline made me wonder if its all an illusion. And my voice seems so small in reference to it all.

dunno whether this ^ was meant sarcastically or not, but just a fyi:

was neither a "blooper" nor intentional, wasn't meant to "make a statement"... was simply a matter of

I really like the photo, and don't wanna muck it up with a lot of text :)

dunno whether this ^ was meant sarcastically or not, but just a fyi:

was neither a "blooper" nor intentional, wasn't meant to "make a statement"... was simply a matter of

I really like the photo, and don't wanna muck it up with a lot of text :)

I guess art critics and artists never see eye to eye lol

I wasn't being sarcastic. That is what I experienced when I looked at the photo.

• 2 months later...