cuchulain

Georgia Guidestones

10 posts in this topic

I recently came across an article about Christian organizations demanding the removal of the "Satanic" stones.  Thought I would share that the stones are not on publicly owned land, so I don't see a problem with them.  Whether the ten commandments, or this, doesn't matter to me.  So long as it isn't funded by the public.

For those who have never heard of them, as I had not... a link.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones 

well...I am not tech savvy.  I cannot tell if that will actually make a link or just give the letters to it.  Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cuchulain said:

I recently came across an article about Christian organizations demanding the removal of the "Satanic" stones.  Thought I would share that the stones are not on publicly owned land, so I don't see a problem with them.  Whether the ten commandments, or this, doesn't matter to me.  So long as it isn't funded by the public.

For those who have never heard of them, as I had not... a link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

well...I am not tech savvy.  I cannot tell if that will actually make a link or just give the letters to it.  Sorry.

 

I looked over the article.  In the history section, we find  

.[2] Christian later transferred ownership of the land and the Guidestones to Elbert County.[2]

Nothing else matters.  The superstitious and the fearful will destroy it.  Much as the Taliban destroyed the ancient Buddhas and Isis destroyed the contents of the Iraq museum.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not see that particular section.  If it's publicly funded land, it should be removed.  Or, they should allow equal access by all religions that wish to place monuments in the same location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

From what I see, the stones seem to espouse a secular agenda, and to be silent on the subject of religion. Doesn't really seem much different than the Statue of Liberty, as far as that goes...

Edited by mererdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2017 at 11:55 AM, mererdog said:

From what I see, the stones seem to espouse a secular agenda, and to be silent on the subject of religion. Doesn't really seem much different than the Statue of Liberty, as far as that goes...

It seems secular to me as well.  The issue arose in that a lot of local Christian groups are raising a big stink about it because the ideas the guide stones espouse resemble the Satanic commandments, and are demanding their removal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cuchulain said:

It seems secular to me as well.  The issue arose in that a lot of local Christian groups are raising a big stink about it because the ideas the guide stones espouse resemble the Satanic commandments, and are demanding their removal.

Its an amazingly weak argument. They may as well just shout "I don't like it! Make it go away!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds like they are.but let an atheist demand that the 10 commandments be taken off public property and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mark 45 said:

sounds like they are.but let an atheist demand that the 10 commandments be taken off public property and see what happens.

Or a Nativity scene.  That would be the "war on Christmas".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one difference though. the property and stones were originally private owned whereas the ten commandments issues seem to be always public first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2017 at 5:09 PM, cuchulain said:

one difference though. the property and stones were originally private owned whereas the ten commandments issues seem to be always public first.

Such is the intrusion, by institutional religion, onto public space.  After all -- "THEY" need it.  The churches always know what everybody else needs.  Whether they want it or not.

:sigh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now