Sign in to follow this  
F. Bayer

Spaces Not Allowed In Display Name

Hey,

Your settings don't allow spaces as a character in display names. That's a bit silly given they're allowed in login names anyway. So, I can't change my display name from F. Bayer to Frederic S. Bayer, which is a bit silly. Would you please consider changing that? :)

unfortunately that is more a limitation on the forum software, rather than our preference. That said, I'll see if there's a way to make that change. Might take a while, tho, as it'd probably be pretty deep in the programming.

I noticed Dorian Gray also has a space so it wasn't just a fluke that I got one ....... something had to have changed at some point. I can also say that it wasn't immediately after we switched from the previous forum software (wasn't it invision or something similar?) because I remember I went inactive long enough (6 maybe 8 months) for Murph to delete me and I had to create a new account.

It was likely part of a major version or patch upgrade to the software. Your name has been in place for over a decade, but if you were to try to change it the current rules would be forced on you. My name has been in place for nearly 9 years.

Looks to be around September of 2012 + maybe a few months is when the change occurred.