When filling out a marriage license, what denomination do I put on it?

You are here:

Some counties where the marriage will take place have been known to (unlawfully) give ULC ministers a hard time, or try to stir up concerns with the marrying couple.

There are two options:

The denomination is “Universal Life Church.”

You may also put “non-denominational.”

By using “non-denominational” it may avoid the experience of unnecessary difficulties or inconvenience.

Your title, if asked, is “minister.”

When signing, just sign your name, and do not add anything extra. You can sign your full name if you wish.

The Universal Life Church also does not assign numbers to ministers.

If you encounter a legal form which asks for your ordination number or minister number, you can simply write “N/A” or “none.”

Was this article helpful?
Dislike 0
Views: 815

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This