What do I need to perform a wedding?

You are here:

To officiate weddings, local laws and requirements vary widely.

For example, in most states a wedding officiant must record information on the marriage license and return it to the County Clerk of the Superior Court within a number of days after the ceremony. Some states only require recording information on a wedding certificate. Some states require copies of documents to be submitted to the city and to the couple getting married.

Some states require you to present your original ordination credential legal document and file your credentials with your city or county. Only a few states also require a Letter of Good Standing.

You can verify the current requirements of an ordained minister to solemnize a wedding with your County Clerk’s Office.

If you are officiating a wedding always confirm the requirements with the County Clerk’s Office in the city the wedding will be performed in.

Was this article helpful?
Dislike 0
Views: 3240

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This