Fundamental Of The Assemblies Of God

Coolhand

I can throw in a bit here, but keeping it This may not be the case at your church Cool, but since that happening 20 years ago to me and my son, it has left a terrible haze in my head about the whole process. I can go down to the alley behind the drugie shelter if all I want to hear is some "babbled bs". At least there, it is not under any pretense.

Please don't take this as an "attack", I wanted to relay my personal experiences and perhaps get some understanding after 2 decades. I would encourage anyone seeking that sort of "excitement" from the Scriptures to seek out AOG as they are certainly not a quiet crowd. There is indeed a "Spirit" that seems to motivate and move the congregation...I guess I still have many questions as to just exactly what that spirit is, where it comes from and why people would choose to do something so many others deem a little "over the edge"?

Believe me, in comparison to an Evangelical sermon, which is difficult to distinguish from a funeral, there is a lot of "LIFE" at AOG services. I guess I still have too many questions to honestly take it in as a truth to me.

Blessings of Peace,

I dont take offence at that. I have left the AG two times in the past, this is my third go around with the AG. It is NOT perfect, I don't claim them to be, and they don't claim to be. As with any pentecostal type group there is a lot of freak show kind of stuff that goes on. But there is a also plenty of genuine spiritual stuff that goes on too.

The reason I seem to keep coming back to the AG, and the reason that I have continued to stay, is because of the freedom of the Spirit to move in the church. The AG does not put God is a box and say that that God will only do x,y, and z; and your ministry is not x, y, or z so you do not fit.

Still, it ain't for everybody......

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont take offence at that. I have left the AG two times in the past, this is my third go around with the AG. It is NOT perfect, I don't claim them to be, and they don't claim to be. As with any pentecostal type group there is a lot of freak show kind of stuff that goes on. But there is a also plenty of genuine spiritual stuff that goes on too.

The reason I seem to keep coming back to the AG, and the reason that I have continued to stay, is because of the freedom of the Spirit to move in the church. The AG does not put God is a box and say that that God will only do x,y, and z; and your ministry is not x, y, or z so you do not fit.

Still, it ain't for everybody......

Blessings to you brother, I appreciate not taking any sort of offense as none was intended! I think the most valid, and important, issue here is the path that works for the individual. If the AOG works for you, how great, that, to me is what it's all about. I also think too many people take a personal experience, such as what I wrote, and then apply it to everyone of that particular Faith. That is not "Right" in my book.

Blessings of Peace,

Blessings to you brother, I appreciate not taking any sort of offense as none was intended! I think the most valid, and important, issue here is the path that works for the individual. If the AOG works for you, how great, that, to me is what it's all about. I also think too many people take a personal experience, such as what I wrote, and then apply it to everyone of that particular Faith. That is not "Right" in my book.

Blessings of Peace,

:thumbu:

:thumbu:

As Rev Michael recently pointed out, no religion is right for everyone... some folks are by personality, disposition, or whatever, better suited to be a JW or a Mormon, while others will only feel "at home" in a Quaker or UCC setting, etc, etc. There are all kinds of folks and all kinds of religions, and we should try to accept, and even celebrate the differences, where we can.

As Rev Michael recently pointed out, no religion is right for everyone... some folks are by personality, disposition, or whatever, better suited to be a JW or a Mormon, while others will only feel "at home" in a Quaker or UCC setting, etc, etc. There are all kinds of folks and all kinds of religions, and we should try to accept, and even celebrate the differences, where we can.

Very true (IMHO)..

• Amulet locked this topic