Going Backwards

unkle22

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how stupid people are becoming, not so much of these fantasy bubbles people are locking themselves in but the intelligence I today am questioning, for example, a person lives alone in an apartment block and has done for months, but I does not have a key for the main doors and stands there kicking and shouting at the doors for hours till someone is coming in or out then the idiot can enter the building.

I've done some pretty stupid things myself on occasion, and I'm allegedly much smarter than your average bear. I don 't think humans are a particularly smart species.

The example you give seems to match a pattern which I think may be increasing, though.  I see a growing tendancy for people to look for external causes and solutions to their problems rather than do ing something themselves. Not having a key fails to even trigger  "why not?" or "how can I get one?", the default behaviour is "make enough fuss and 'someone' will fix it".

On 11/8/2023 at 2:23 AM, unkle22 said:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how stupid people are becoming, not so much of these fantasy bubbles people are locking themselves in but the intelligence I today am questioning, for example, a person lives alone in an apartment block and has done for months, but I does not have a key for the main doors and stands there kicking and shouting at the doors for hours till someone is coming in or out then the idiot can enter the building.

I don't think people are getting dumber.  I think it's more exposure to the stupidity of complete strangers via much more information dissemination.  The Internet shows us what we've always done but most people rarely encountered.  Especially small town people.