I've never tried it myself, but my sister swears by lavender oil. She had insomnia, but sleeps like a baby now.

A couple drops of lavender oil to the back of your neck has a very calming effect... It even calms down hyperactive dogs :)

Smells good too.

Brother Kaman what brand essential oils do you prefer? I have a few and love the way they make my room smell I usually burn Frankincense, Rosemary or Peppermint. Just a few drops of peppermint are great. I did 5 drops in some water one day and the smell overpowered me in my room.

It generally depends on where I go to buy the oil. The oils last me for a long, long time so I do not shop often. NOW brand has a wide variety of oils at reasonable prices, although I am not 100 percent convinced of their quality. I still use some of them, anyway. More expensive does not always equate to better quality. I have seen some real expensive oils that were no better than the bargain oils. Tea tree oil is just as good from a drug store as it is from an oil seller and far, far less expensive. I would recommend starting with the least expensive and experimenting until you find the price/quality you are looking for.

I've never tried it myself, but my sister swears by lavender oil. She had insomnia, but sleeps like a baby now.

A couple drops of lavender oil to the back of your neck has a very calming effect... It even calms down hyperactive dogs :)

Smells good too.

Lavender is indeed great for relaxing. I failed to mention it because it reminds me of the cologne my grandmother and her friends used to wear when I was growing up. I use it in combination with other oils where the lavender aroma does not break thru.

Thank You everybody.

Some really good ideas. My wife really appreciates all the responses. This week we'll start our hypnotic sessions, I look forward incorporating several of your ideas to help her relax and maybe make a good effect on the session.

I'll let you know.

Sincere thanks.

I finally got an e-mail response from the folks I know up north, Beth repeated the need of a "Earth-bearing Shaman" several times. I honestly don't know what the definition refers to, but I'm assuming a shaman that specializes in things of the physical Earth and it's properties.

A good part of her response was simply rituals she uses, but I'm uncertain how much actually applies to your wife's situation, therefor the only part I feel comfortable in forwarding is about the specific shaman...hope it helps at least a bit.

Blessings of Peace,

Atwater Vitki, I'll see what I can find locally. Around my locale the alternative religions are pretty much underground. I've been told by some sources in my local network that there are two people in my immediate area that have crystal shops. Hopefully they can find or know of an Earth-bearing Shaman.

Thank you so very much in your efforts. It is greatly appreciated.

• Amulet locked this topic