Does One Mourn When One's Children Are Born?

Songster

I did not so much mourn the birth of my first child as I did the knowledge that my life would never be the same again. Gone would be the carefree days of little or no responsibility. It was time to get serious with life, settle down and be a parent. I mourned who I had been before my child's birth and I was sad for who I was to become.

I did not so much mourn the birth of my first child as I did the knowledge that my life would never be the same again. Gone would be the carefree days of little or no responsibility. It was time to get serious with life, settle down and be a parent. I mourned who I had been before my child's birth

I can relate to all that!!

and I was sad for who I was to become.

But I cannot relate to this. Why do you feel that parenthood, resonsibility and family are "sad" things??? They are natural things. And if cultivated correctly, joyous things...

Yes, I do. We were blessed with 5 kids... 2 girls and 3 boys, who have presented us with 8 grandkids (5 girls, 3 boys), soon to be 10 total, as we're expecting 2 more girls by the end of August.

What was your stance about population control again?

You picking a fight, Ryper Heal?

I don't recall ever having expessed an opinion on population control. If you're asking about my opinion on abortion.... you'll find my opinion clearly stated in the thread dealing with that topic.

Touche!! Well played... :hi:

Care to share?

Did you read his/her previous post with the intent of understanding it?

Hyper, Dude, Dudette, Whatever,

So, is it your stance that people with children cannot also hold views for or against abortion or "population control?" The NATURAL proclivity to create proginy is somehow antithetical to a philosophy or ideology that may support "pro choice" or China's "one birth" policies??

• Amulet locked this topic