Thank you lord, thank you for bringing this soul to the prayer page to learn your word. GOD is with you!!! GOD loves you!!!! learn GOD’s word and give your soul to our savior. Jesus is here with you!!!!
Psalms 119 8-14
David was chosen by God to endure the pressure from King Saul of Israel at the time. Because King Saul herd that David will become King, Saul hunted David day and night. David became very close to the lord during his time hiding from King Saul. This is an example for many of us who comes closer to God when we are in trouble; myself included. Some of us face difficulty on the job and getting bullied, or losing a job and the hardship that we find ourselves in.
The point is the struggle and because of this struggle we look toward a higher power, in our ( Christian) case GOD, JESUS,! David is a psalmist who calmed the heart of King Saul with his harp when David was still a boy, David also killed Goliath still as a boy, so God favored David. These passages reminds us that we must keep focus on the word of God.
David continue to pray and plead to God, please let his heart not stray from the commandments because of his situation. This apply to us, for example we are living in a pandemic and many of us have lost our jobs. David is saying pray for strength because when we are feeling defeated, the devil try to talk us into sin, rob, steal, violence and even extreme offenses. That’s why these verses are important and vital to the way we live.
Teach us your statues, teach us how to hold on, teach us that GOD knows our heart and intentions.
8. I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
9. BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
12. Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
13. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
14. I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.