Today is May Day, International Workers' Day. On this day in 1886, the Haymarket Massacre happened in Chicago while workers were in the streets protesting for your rights to work in safe humane conditions. In this case an 8 hour work day. Do you celebrate May Day? How do you do so? Do you strike? Do you take to the streets and protest the slavery of the capitalist system?

My comrade collectivemates and I are attending a protest today and this evening giving talks to our comrades from all over this region on anarchism, communism, collectivism, and independence from the power structures society tries to force us in.

Solidarity!

Have a wonderful Beltane! I'm planning to put up a little propserity alter today. Maybe make some oatmeal cookies.

Happy Beltaine to you, and all other fellow Pagans out there!

Today is May Day, International Workers' Day. On this day in 1886, the Haymarket Massacre happened in Chicago while workers were in the streets protesting for your rights to work in safe humane conditions. In this case an 8 hour work day. Do you celebrate May Day? How do you do so? Do you strike? Do you take to the streets and protest the slavery of the capitalist system?

My comrade collectivemates and I are attending a protest today and this evening giving talks to our comrades from all over this region on anarchism, communism, collectivism, and independence from the power structures society tries to force us in.

Solidarity!

Hi Old Nick!

I observe May Day as a Pagan holiday, but do not attach any political significance to it. For me, it is the first day of Summer in the old Celtic year. But best wishes to you and your endeavors.

Solidarity!

Solidarity!

it's a puzzle to me how the average person is so disconnected from what went before - the struggle for fairness and basic rights - and how they are able to align themselves so completely with individuals, government and corporations guided by greed

I spend the day remembering, and hoping for a better future and a return to humanity

Edited by grateful

Solidarity!

it's a puzzle to me how the average person is so disconnected from what went before - the struggle for fairness and basic rights - and how they are able to align themselves so completely with individuals, government and corporations guided by greed

I spend the day remembering, and hoping for a better future and a return to humanity

I find this modern notion of rule by greed very particular and very telling when considering just how it comes about. It's amazing the lies people will believe that drive them to the extreme of rule by greed.

I hope your contemplation went well and you took confidence that things, slowly but surely, are moving in a positive direction. After our talks yesterday we had a reading of Berkman and some Bakunin and sang Solidarity Forever. It was incredibly moving to see so many comrades holding hands and singing in solidarity!

Solidarity!

Solidarity, grateful! Sorry, I posted during my limited posting experience and suppose someone chose not to approve it. Honestly, I suspect the disconnect is deliberate. We have those in power working to keep it and the best tool for doing so is to keep the masses ignorant and to keep them at one another's throats.

• Amulet locked this topic