Received My Credentials Today

RevElkins

I received my ULC Ministry Credentials today. It was an overwhelming feeling, when I drove up to my house and I saw the envelope there. I knew immediately what it was. I couldn't wait to get in the house and open it up.

Of course when I walked into the house, there was 2 kids who made a mess of the living room; a dog who had an accident on the floor; another dog had another accident on another floor; the ferret had kicked half of the bedding in the bottom of his cage out all over the room; and of course the cats had a lovely time playing with all that fluffy stuff floating around. (yes, I have my own version of Noah's ark -- 3 dogs, 8 cats and a ferret; soon to be 2 ferrets; but they are all loved in their own special way)

Anyway, I wanted in that envelope more than anything; but there were all those mini-disasters to get taken care of; then it would be time. I took a deep breath and opened the envelope. I almost dared not look; I read the entire pamphlet that came along with it before I dared look at the Certificate. It was so overwhelming. For a long time I have been astray - my path uncertain; my beliefs muddled. I dared not speak what my beliefs were out of fear of non-acceptance by "traditional beliefs". For a long time, I have kept my own counsel about my beliefs; even sometimes hiding them from myself.

During my search; during my studies of those things I wanted to make sense out of; I came to find ULC; a place where I would be accepted; where my beliefs would not be persecuted because they did not match those of the person next to me. But rather, I would be accepted because my belief was to do what was right; in my own heart; to love God as I saw HIM; as I felt HIM; as HE instructed me to go. A chill ran through my spine as I held that certificate in my hand. Finally, a "church" that didn't frown upon my belief that the GOD I believe in wants me to be happy; forgives me when I screw up because HE realizes I am human and subject to mistakes. Finally, no one telling me that I was going to go to Hell for all eternity because when I slammed my finger in the car door, I yelled out "Oh Jesus Christ".

Finally, I meet other people who like to take the challenge; who question; who say "what about the Lost Writings; was Mary Magdalene Jesus' wife? If the Holy Mother truly remained a Virgin, then where did Jesus' brother, James come from?? What about the Garden of Eden? Can we figure out from Scripture where it might have been located; given that science tells us that we are all descended from a place in Central Africa; does that mean that the Garden was in Central Africa; could the Garden of Eden been where the Legendary Mines of King Solomon are hidden??? All of these questions left to be answered; but yet no one wants to ask the hard questions. Finally, a place where other people ask the same questions I do.

I embrace you all as my brothers and sisters from this day forward, beliefs same or different than mine; we were all led here for one reason or other; and though we may disagree, something led us here; some common bond. Let us all rejoice in that.

Love and Blessings.

Congrats, RevElkins,

I hope your ordination serves you well,

and that it brings you much joy.

Yeah, many of us have trod that "road of questioning"...

like, for instance, what about Jesus' TWIN brother?

If he was "one in a litter of two",

did "the correct one" get identified as the Messiah?

Were they "both" the product of a "virgin birth"?

Makes you realize why

"the church" didn't want to include

Gospel of Thomas in the canon,

doesn't it?

I think "they" just wanted Thomas to "go away".

So they "disappeared" him. Maybe?

All copies of GoT were destroyed,

except (lucky us!) for Nag Hammadi

I received my ULC Ministry Credentials today. It was an overwhelming feeling, when I drove up to my house and I saw the envelope there. I knew immediately what it was. I couldn't wait to get in the house and open it up.

Of course when I walked into the house, there was 2 kids who made a mess of the living room; a dog who had an accident on the floor; another dog had another accident on another floor; the ferret had kicked half of the bedding in the bottom of his cage out all over the room; and of course the cats had a lovely time playing with all that fluffy stuff floating around. (yes, I have my own version of Noah's ark -- 3 dogs, 8 cats and a ferret; soon to be 2 ferrets; but they are all loved in their own special way)

Anyway, I wanted in that envelope more than anything; but there were all those mini-disasters to get taken care of; then it would be time. I took a deep breath and opened the envelope. I almost dared not look; I read the entire pamphlet that came along with it before I dared look at the Certificate. It was so overwhelming. For a long time I have been astray - my path uncertain; my beliefs muddled. I dared not speak what my beliefs were out of fear of non-acceptance by "traditional beliefs". For a long time, I have kept my own counsel about my beliefs; even sometimes hiding them from myself.

During my search; during my studies of those things I wanted to make sense out of; I came to find ULC; a place where I would be accepted; where my beliefs would not be persecuted because they did not match those of the person next to me. But rather, I would be accepted because my belief was to do what was right; in my own heart; to love God as I saw HIM; as I felt HIM; as HE instructed me to go. A chill ran through my spine as I held that certificate in my hand. Finally, a "church" that didn't frown upon my belief that the GOD I believe in wants me to be happy; forgives me when I screw up because HE realizes I am human and subject to mistakes. Finally, no one telling me that I was going to go to Hell for all eternity because when I slammed my finger in the car door, I yelled out "Oh Jesus Christ".

Finally, I meet other people who like to take the challenge; who question; who say "what about the Lost Writings; was Mary Magdalene Jesus' wife? If the Holy Mother truly remained a Virgin, then where did Jesus' brother, James come from?? What about the Garden of Eden? Can we figure out from Scripture where it might have been located; given that science tells us that we are all descended from a place in Central Africa; does that mean that the Garden was in Central Africa; could the Garden of Eden been where the Legendary Mines of King Solomon are hidden??? All of these questions left to be answered; but yet no one wants to ask the hard questions. Finally, a place where other people ask the same questions I do.

I embrace you all as my brothers and sisters from this day forward, beliefs same or different than mine; we were all led here for one reason or other; and though we may disagree, something led us here; some common bond. Let us all rejoice in that.

Love and Blessings.

Congratulations, Still waiting on my credentials hope to receive them soon. :bag::rip:

Thank you. I just spent an hour on the phone with my Mother; I'm finally comfortable about being open about my reasonings; my questions; my quest for the lost writings; alternative theories and theological discussions. Luckily for me, my mother, though she is more into the metaphysical/wiccan/pagan side of things; she was born and raised a Roman Catholic and found the teachings to be stifling to her; and being told that a God who is supposed to forgive and love his people would just as soon turn them away to eternal damnation kind of bothered her.

It's all good!! I'm feeling forces within the Universe moving my very soul; ideas; questions that I want answered;

I feel more alive than I have felt in a long long time.

Wolfshadow, I hope you receive your credentials soon. Amazing that you are named WolfShadow; one of the original things that began this quest for me; in my grief following the death of my father; my sister, my mother and I all dreamed about Wolves; after doing some research about what the Native Americans believed about the ways of the wolf; and how the elder wolf often would go off on his own to die; just as my father did quietly; in an area where they are most comfortable; the spirit of the wolf comes back to lead the pack until he is sure that they are safe; and then he completes his journey to the afterlife. We often say that my father could not have scripted his own death any better; he went out to the porch swing on his front porch, before sunrise; he watched the sunrise come over the mountain and cover the valley; he closed his eyes and drew his last breath. Wolves are a very big part of my belief system. They are the guardians and protectors of the lands; and they are a pack animal; the pack; the family is everything.

I thank you for sharing with me.

Wolfshadow, I hope you receive your credentials soon. Amazing that you are named WolfShadow; one of the original things that began this quest for me; in my grief following the death of my father; my sister, my mother and I all dreamed about Wolves; after doing some research about what the Native Americans believed about the ways of the wolf; and how the elder wolf often would go off on his own to die; just as my father did quietly; in an area where they are most comfortable; the spirit of the wolf comes back to lead the pack until he is sure that they are safe; and then he completes his journey to the afterlife. We often say that my father could not have scripted his own death any better; he went out to the porch swing on his front porch, before sunrise; he watched the sunrise come over the mountain and cover the valley; he closed his eyes and drew his last breath. Wolves are a very big part of my belief system. They are the guardians and protectors of the lands; and they are a pack animal; the pack; the family is everything.

I thank you for sharing with me.

Rev Elkins

I received my credentials today from HQ, and am very pleased. Your story has touched me deeply thank you. I have always felt a pull to native american believes and while I have been told I have some Cherokee Ansestry I have never been able to find the link. Although my mothers family tree dead ends in the Carolinas.

May all your steeps be blessed and your trail long lived.

WolfShadow

Rev Elkins

I received my credentials today from HQ, and am very pleased. Your story has touched me deeply thank you. I have always felt a pull to native american believes and while I have been told I have some Cherokee Ansestry I have never been able to find the link. Although my mothers family tree dead ends in the Carolinas.

May all your steeps be blessed and your trail long lived.

WolfShadow

Congrats WolfShadow - may your path be filled with joy and light.

RevElkins

Rev. Elkins, Congratulations to you!!!

I was just as excited to recieve mine, even more so to recieve my license from the state.

However, my mother, a self proclaimed prophet, considered it blasphemy and doesn't recognize me as a minister.

She claims that God spoke to her and told her that I did not know Jesus because I didn't follow the proper channels to obtain my ordination.

This was a blow to my excitement and it got me down a little, but it didn't keep me down.

I don't understand her anymore. She claims that she knows all and I know nothing. She has prophesied to people and to date, (13 years) not a single prophecy has come to pass. she then blames it on their lack of faith.

I pray that when your ordainment is tested, and it very well may be, that you NEVER allow anyone to make you think it is NOT of God and NOT valid.

I just felt the need to share that with you, God Bless, and again, Congratulations.

Thank you Rev Baker.

I am sorry your Mother is not understanding of your chosen path to our Lord. If we all followed the same path, we would not have some of the lively discussions we have had on this forum :fear:

Instead of rejoicing with you, perhaps it is fear that your Mother has; that perhaps her own faith is being tested and her own path is not true. I only surmise here.

My mother was ordained through ULC many years ago; though we follow different beliefs. My mother was born and raised Roman Catholic; as was I. However, my mother's path leads her towards astrology; numerology, Wiccan and Pagan beliefs; sprinkle in a few UFO's; and you've got my Mother's beliefs. My beliefs are more Christian based; though we share the same basic belief that Jesus Christ was a teacher; his main purpose while on this Earth was to teach those who were ready to listen and be with HIM. I also do believe that there is something to be said about astrology; the astrologers of the ancients are mentioned in the Bible; and with some of the mysteries yet unrevealed to us; as well as my own personal belief that it would be terribly terribly over confident of ourselves as a being to think that we are "the only" intelligent creatures that God made. Our Universe has not been fully explored. Who knows what we might find out there?

I wish you all the best upon your chosen path; may it be filled with light and joy. May you and your Mother find peace in each of your faiths.

RevElkins

• Amulet locked this topic