What Books Do You Use For Wedding Inspiration?

cw_reifert

I just wondered if anyone would be willing to share any books or computer programs that you might use for inspiration when you just can't come up with the wording you want to use for weddings?

For me, the cd I bought from ULC, Wedding Words on cd, has been invaluable for the help it has given me. Not only that, but here's a quick list of other books that I've purchased that have helped as well for writing the ceremonies that I've officiated (2 weddings and now 1 renewal).

Diane Warner's Contemporary Guide to Wedding Ceremonies

The Wedding Ceremony Planner - Reverand Judith Johnson, PhD

The Pastor's Wedding Manual - Jim Henry

The Pastor's Guide To Weddings & Funerals - Victor D. Lehman

Anyone else?

Thanks,

Will

Well for myself I generally speak to those getting married and ask what they want me to highlight. After that I most always have come up with the words on my own. I am almost never poetic in the sense that I speak in verse or anything. I tend to say what I feel needs to be said at a wedding. I might grab a few quotes from poems or plays, or perhaps snag an idea or two from a religious text, but I find that it is just easier to come up with things on my own. It gives the ceremony a touch of intamacy that most wedding that are gained from a book do not have. I posted a really short and dirty version of one of my weddings on the board a while ago.

http://ulc.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=91823

That is just a short example of one of the ones I did recently. Hope it helps.

ashes

There is a tiny little paperback called Words for Your Wedding, by David Glusker and Peter Misner. I have found it so helpful that I've given copies as gifts to several prospective brides. See what you think.

Blessings,

There is a tiny little paperback called Words for Your Wedding, by David Glusker and Peter Misner. I have found it so helpful that I've given copies as gifts to several prospective brides. See what you think.

Blessings,

Thanks for the info... I'll take a look for it. For me, every little bit helps.

Will

*Wedding Blessings: Prayers and Poems Celebrating Love, Marriage and Anniversaries

June Cotner, Patricia Medved (Editor)

*A World of Ways to Say I Do: Wedding Vows, Readings, Poems, and Customs from Different Traditions and Cultures

Noah benShea, Jordan BenShea

I have used these books and they are Excellent!!

Rev. Sue

Look up universal brotherhood movement and then their bookstore it has a wedding/ceremony book which has a bit of everything..

Also go to the ULC SEMINARY page, they have some ceremonies also.

revpo

Edited by pmo

• Amulet locked this topic