That's a good question. It depends on your definition of the term. I've never personally claimed to be persecuted as a Christian, but I've witnessed some who have died for their faith. I won't get into the gory details except to say that the world is a very troubled place. There are many people who will not tolerate the existence of any beliefs but their own. That has caused me a great deal of suffering.

“See, I lay a stone in Zion,
    a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
    will never be put to shame.”

I don't know if you have followed the news a bit in the 1990's... but I am from (former) Yugoslavia. I consider myself to be (part of the social structure, that identifies itself as) Orthodox Christian. Unfortunately my family has lived in (the former Yugoslav republic of) Croatia for the previous 600 years (prior to the 1990's). Croatia is considered to be (part of the social structure, that identifies itself as) Catholic. The war that raged in the 1990's many consider to be "religious". "We" (Orthodox Christians) have been persecuted in Croatia into "extinction" (literally, the village my ancestors founded now has 2 - very old - inhabitants). But up to today I still do not consider the persecution to be religion based. It was power based. A bunch of power-hungry individuals who grasped their moment in history and used religion as an convenient opportunity...

should have specified the uniited states. my error of omission.  appologies.

i'm having a debate with someone in ga about how they havent had any such experience recently as they are playing the victim card.  thought i would see about others, it got me wondering how much of the claims are true in the u.s.