The Veil - Did We Once Know

drewj

A friend shared a story today, it was said that we once reached enlightenment and decided to come back here, it was said that satan wanted the glory and would take our free will away once we came back, and was cast out of heaven (a third of grace fell)and that Christ told his Father that he would come here and get the glory for him (the Father). So when we are born we have a veil causing us to forget. Does any one know anything about this story? :unsure:

I do not recall anything specific along these lines. Perhaps a bit more information on the story might help. Some people believe our soul was with God before we were born (which there are heavy theological discussions on), and our soul "forgets" that existence shorty after birth.

Edited by RevRainbow

I do not recall anything specific along these lines. Perhaps a bit more information on the story might help. Some people believe our soul was with God before we were born (which there are heavy theological discussions on), and our soul "forgets" that existence shorty after birth.

I will check to see if he has more info

There are a few references to veils in the NT. One being the reference to the temple veil being rent and the analogy to Christ. The other analogy is in reference to the veil of Moses and spiritual blindness. I could expound on either if you like but neither one is in reference to past existence of the soul.

There are a few references to veils in the NT. One being the reference to the temple veil being rent and the analogy to Christ. The other analogy is in reference to the veil of Moses and spiritual blindness.

I could expound on either if you like

but neither one is in reference to past existence of the soul.

Is that a "veiled" threat ??? :jest:

Edited by Hexalpa

Here ia an OT reference to the Veil:

The church tastes the joy of Christ's love

2 I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night. 3 I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them? 4 My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him. 5 I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock. 6 I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer. 7 The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me. 8 I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if ye find my beloved, that ye tell him, that I am sick of love.Song 5:2-8 (KJV)

A friend shared a story today, it was said that we once reached enlightenment and decided to come back here, it was said that satan wanted the glory and would take our free will away once we came back, and was cast out of heaven (a third of grace fell)and that Christ told his Father that he would come here and get the glory for him (the Father). So when we are born we have a veil causing us to forget. Does any one know anything about this story? :unsure:

I believe there's an aura of truth to this.. Our souls existed prior to being made flesh (Jeremiah 1;5). And Satan did deceive a third of all souls (Revelation 12:4). This is why God ordained every soul to be born of flesh (it wasn't something 'we' decided). We had a spiritual existence prior to our physical birth, and our souls won't perish after the first death.

here's a metaphysical perspective : everything that exists is in motion - even if it is strictly at the atomic scale. This motion gives it a vibration ( along with it's individual characteristics ).

This vibration is indicitive of where it resides on the scale of creation. The soul has a vibration of it's own, but when combined with the human body it's vibration is lowered.

This scale reaches from the actual presence of our Creator outwards to the uttermost reaches of his consiousness ( which is allowed by his grace - if his children wish to hide from Him, them they have that option.)

Or, if you will, Heaven ( reunion with our creator ) and Hell ( self imposed abscense from his presense )

Along this scale are Octaves - if you will - or levels of awareness which are breakthrough moments, when a soul gets a larger glimpse of creation - understands who and what it is, and where it is going.

The nearest Octave for most Christians is what it commonly called the " Spirit of Christ", " The Christ Conscioussness",or many other like titles.

It is the difference in vibration between the bodies own vibration and that of the soul that is commonly called the veil.

Or to explain better - when you focus on the physical, it brings the vibration of the soul more in line with the body.

When you focus on the soul it brings the vibration of the body more in line to that of the soul.

When the focus on the soul is such that the concepts brought by The Master Jesus are not simply understood, but BECOME a souls own actions and desires, the vibration of the body will be close enough to the souls vibration for the to be a merging of consciousness between the Physical " You " and the Real " You ". Ascendancy - The Risen God - When an incarnated soul Realizes it's place in the scheme of things, and gets a glimpse of something greater.

The moment that bring us new religions...... the Buddha - Christ - Mohommad - the list gets longer........

it's the individual nature of the soul which causes the differences in experience of these souls.....

I know I left holes to fill in there - i will if asked.....

Even though I have never heard the story, it has a Gnostic touch. I would even say that it sounds oriental.

Hermano Luis

• Amulet locked this topic