My "creativolution" Theory

I am including herein the participation post I submitted in my online classes last week. I tried to get my classmates to discuss this, but there was only one response, and even that was only eleven words long. I was hoping to see what others thought of this topic since my classmates seemed hesitant or resistant to the idea.

Thank you for your opinions, and please note, this is a direct copy of my assignment post, so nothing has been edited or removed. There are a few apologies included because four of my classmates, in their biographical introductions, mentioned that they were either Catholic or Christian.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In our assignment last week regarding the scientific theories that have been presented to the world, the first one in the Chapter reading was Darwin's famous (or is it infamous?) theory regarding evolution. Now, throughout the years, this theory has been hotly contested, but nowhere in my life have I seen it catch more heat than from religious groups. In direct opposition to the Creation we are told about in the Bible, evolution seems to, in the eyes of some, try to dispute the claim that God made man and all the creatures of Earth, explaining away all things as one thing growing and mutating into another in order to survive.

Personally, and I do not wish to upset anyone with this thought, but what if both theories are right? I have brought this subject up with my fiancee once, but he is not a big fan of any sort of theological discussions. Therefore, I present it to you, and I hope that you take an open-minded approach to what I am about to say. However, I will apologize in advance if I offend anyone. I tend to be a little forward in my views on this particular topic.

If you were God (pardon the bluntness), you would have all of Eternity to spend creating a vast and wonderful tapestry of life and beauty. As it is, I find myself figuring that all that time leads to some degree of boredom. True, you have the power of creation and destruction at your fingertips, but you have to have something to pass the time other than just sitting there.

And here comes the beacon of not-boredom: Creativity. Why not test out what happens to certain creatures if you plant them in different environments? So, here you are in the middle of a vast nothingness and BOOM! The power to create just unleashed a cataclysmic amount of energy and material into the void of space. So, with millennia to spend, you watch the wild materials you unleashed start to coalesce into something, much like kids nowadays watch crystals grow in those little home crystal growing kits. Cool, huh? Over the next who-cares-how-long, a few of these somethings become stars, others become planets, and the Universe is just sitting at your hands, waiting for Stage 2 of development.

So, now you find a planet that seems that it can do okay when it comes to supporting life forms. Little by little, you introduce new species to that planet here and there, watching how it grows and develops, adjusting to the environment. Once it can support enough wild vegetation, why not introduce something to eat the vegetation? Creation gives rise to the animal kingdom. Not only that, but you create smaller creatures that help aid the world in its cycles of life and death - and there was bacteria.

But wait! All the animals are eating all the plants, and they are not dying off fast enough to keep a sustainable environment possible. Why not have something else to eat the animals? (Please note, God just built the foundations of the food chain.) So, voila! More animals! And why not introduce little things into the world that can be eaten by the smaller animals, like krill or algae? The fish need something to eat. And bugs for the birds. You get my drift.

And on and on it goes, the Universe's greatest scientist watching what His creations do with the world they have been gifted with, observing and changing things little by little, or by a lot, (look, I just explained hurricanes!) to see how they all respond. Gifted with different abilities, each finds their own way to survive in a sometimes hostile environment, while others suffer for their lack of ability to survive or escape catastrophe (Natural selection, anyone?).

Sorry if that was long-winded, and I apologize again if I offended anyone. It is just a thought, and one that I would like to know what others think about it. Thank you for reading and for your patience, and if you reply, thank you for that, too.

Nice concept. I think though that an intelligent deity would understand the principles of recycling and transformation way before he went into production unless we are the thoughts experiments themselves before he goes into production.

The wheel of life

Grass

Rabbits

Foxes

Grass

Rabbits

Foxes

Edited by Fawzo

I am including herein the participation post I submitted in my online classes last week. I tried to get my classmates to discuss this, but there was only one response, and even that was only eleven words long. I was hoping to see what others thought of this topic since my classmates seemed hesitant or resistant to the idea.

Thank you for your opinions, and please note, this is a direct copy of my assignment post, so nothing has been edited or removed. There are a few apologies included because four of my classmates, in their biographical introductions, mentioned that they were either Catholic or Christian.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In our assignment last week regarding the scientific theories that have been presented to the world, the first one in the Chapter reading was Darwin's famous (or is it infamous?) theory regarding evolution. Now, throughout the years, this theory has been hotly contested, but nowhere in my life have I seen it catch more heat than from religious groups. In direct opposition to the Creation we are told about in the Bible, evolution seems to, in the eyes of some, try to dispute the claim that God made man and all the creatures of Earth, explaining away all things as one thing growing and mutating into another in order to survive.

Personally, and I do not wish to upset anyone with this thought, but what if both theories are right? I have brought this subject up with my fiancee once, but he is not a big fan of any sort of theological discussions. Therefore, I present it to you, and I hope that you take an open-minded approach to what I am about to say. However, I will apologize in advance if I offend anyone. I tend to be a little forward in my views on this particular topic.

If you were God (pardon the bluntness), you would have all of Eternity to spend creating a vast and wonderful tapestry of life and beauty. As it is, I find myself figuring that all that time leads to some degree of boredom. True, you have the power of creation and destruction at your fingertips, but you have to have something to pass the time other than just sitting there.

And here comes the beacon of not-boredom: Creativity. Why not test out what happens to certain creatures if you plant them in different environments? So, here you are in the middle of a vast nothingness and BOOM! The power to create just unleashed a cataclysmic amount of energy and material into the void of space. So, with millennia to spend, you watch the wild materials you unleashed start to coalesce into something, much like kids nowadays watch crystals grow in those little home crystal growing kits. Cool, huh? Over the next who-cares-how-long, a few of these somethings become stars, others become planets, and the Universe is just sitting at your hands, waiting for Stage 2 of development.

So, now you find a planet that seems that it can do okay when it comes to supporting life forms. Little by little, you introduce new species to that planet here and there, watching how it grows and develops, adjusting to the environment. Once it can support enough wild vegetation, why not introduce something to eat the vegetation? Creation gives rise to the animal kingdom. Not only that, but you create smaller creatures that help aid the world in its cycles of life and death - and there was bacteria.

But wait! All the animals are eating all the plants, and they are not dying off fast enough to keep a sustainable environment possible. Why not have something else to eat the animals? (Please note, God just built the foundations of the food chain.) So, voila! More animals! And why not introduce little things into the world that can be eaten by the smaller animals, like krill or algae? The fish need something to eat. And bugs for the birds. You get my drift.

And on and on it goes, the Universe's greatest scientist watching what His creations do with the world they have been gifted with, observing and changing things little by little, or by a lot, (look, I just explained hurricanes!) to see how they all respond. Gifted with different abilities, each finds their own way to survive in a sometimes hostile environment, while others suffer for their lack of ability to survive or escape catastrophe (Natural selection, anyone?).

Sorry if that was long-winded, and I apologize again if I offended anyone. It is just a thought, and one that I would like to know what others think about it. Thank you for reading and for your patience, and if you reply, thank you for that, too.

Will you marry me?! ~chuckles~ Actually, you are engaged and I have been happily married for almost 16 years ~smiles~. However, I want you to know that nothing rev's my motor like an intelligent and philosophical woman! ~smiles~.

Your theory is valid, especially with the fact that no one on Earth knows what the true reality is ~smiles~. We are limited by our own existance on this plane, however even in the Christian/Religious Realm, I don't understand how they can't see "Evolution" as a product of God's "Quantum Mechanics & Physics", but they just sluff it off like it is impossible because they are the all knowing groups that proclaim to know everything about God ~chuckles~.

I liked the Read! ~smiles~.

Well, I am glad to see someone out there appreciates my thoughts, as well as sees some validity to them.

The few times I attempted to start this discussion with someone other than my fiancee (it was a few of our friends), they immediately got all self-righteous about the Bible and the fact that evolution isn't held as a valid viewpoint in that book. People in high schoool and at my job with UPS looked at me like I had a second head and walked away.

To Wizard Adam - I'm flattered, but like you said, I'm engaged and you're married. Part of me is a little sorry that my fiancee isn't into theological or philosophical debates and discussions, but I am thankful for groups such as this one that open up a door for me where my significant other hasn't. It isn't that he's not interested or that he's against my practices - it's just that he doesn't like discussing it because he doesn't really know where he stands with religion in his life. He wants to find his own way, and part of that involves keeping me out of the majority of his spiritual journey. Which, of course, I can fully understand. Each person must find their own way, and no one can ever tell them what it is. All that can be offered is advice on ways to find it, and that is when he listens to me.

Additionally, I agree that true reality is something we fail to perceive. Reality is a state of perception and existence solely dependent on our personal experiences and mental faculties. With what limited knowledge we gain in life, we try to sort out what we know, but always that view remains colored by our inner thoughts and feelings. That is one of the reasons that I value intercommunication like we have here at the ULC forum - it allows one to see the world through a new pair of lenses and under different circumstances, and that is something that I value highly as part of the human race. We can see through many eyes and with different histories, and we see more than that which is right in front of us - in a way, we are, as a whole, piecing the puzzle together.

To Fawzo - my theory about God's omnipotence is in some way altered by the character Clockwork from the show Danny Phantom. He describes himself as seeing "the parade from above" when referring to time. It isn't a straight line that we travel in the whole picture of eternity - it's a river that occasionally hits a rise in the landscape and moves onto a new course in order to keep on moving. Linear ideas of time are a mortal, finite concept, because trying to fully grasp the idea that every decision made in every person's life affect the River is just too much for our mind to process. As such, God (keeping with the Christian terminology) can see many of the ways that things will work out, but the idea of free will and the fact that He's not just moving pieces on some grand chessboard affect His vision. It's a constantly changing miasma of chance and possibility, never quite the same as it was before, just as the images from a kaleidoscope never seem to repeat themselves. As the kaleidoscope spins, the image within becomes something new. Change has altered the vision.

Well, I am glad to see someone out there appreciates my thoughts, as well as sees some validity to them.

The few times I attempted to start this discussion with someone other than my fiancee (it was a few of our friends), they immediately got all self-righteous about the Bible and the fact that evolution isn't held as a valid viewpoint in that book. People in high schoool and at my job with UPS looked at me like I had a second head and walked away.

To Wizard Adam - I'm flattered, but like you said, I'm engaged and you're married. Part of me is a little sorry that my fiancee isn't into theological or philosophical debates and discussions, but I am thankful for groups such as this one that open up a door for me where my significant other hasn't. It isn't that he's not interested or that he's against my practices - it's just that he doesn't like discussing it because he doesn't really know where he stands with religion in his life. He wants to find his own way, and part of that involves keeping me out of the majority of his spiritual journey. Which, of course, I can fully understand. Each person must find their own way, and no one can ever tell them what it is. All that can be offered is advice on ways to find it, and that is when he listens to me.

Additionally, I agree that true reality is something we fail to perceive. Reality is a state of perception and existence solely dependent on our personal experiences and mental faculties. With what limited knowledge we gain in life, we try to sort out what we know, but always that view remains colored by our inner thoughts and feelings. That is one of the reasons that I value intercommunication like we have here at the ULC forum - it allows one to see the world through a new pair of lenses and under different circumstances, and that is something that I value highly as part of the human race. We can see through many eyes and with different histories, and we see more than that which is right in front of us - in a way, we are, as a whole, piecing the puzzle together.

To Fawzo - my theory about God's omnipotence is in some way altered by the character Clockwork from the show Danny Phantom. He describes himself as seeing "the parade from above" when referring to time. It isn't a straight line that we travel in the whole picture of eternity - it's a river that occasionally hits a rise in the landscape and moves onto a new course in order to keep on moving. Linear ideas of time are a mortal, finite concept, because trying to fully grasp the idea that every decision made in every person's life affect the River is just too much for our mind to process. As such, God (keeping with the Christian terminology) can see many of the ways that things will work out, but the idea of free will and the fact that He's not just moving pieces on some grand chessboard affect His vision. It's a constantly changing miasma of chance and possibility, never quite the same as it was before, just as the images from a kaleidoscope never seem to repeat themselves. As the kaleidoscope spins, the image within becomes something new. Change has altered the vision.

The reasons Chrsitians get so defensive is because they can't handle the doubt, but instead of smiling at you and letting it be they try and ram it down your throat and force you to see their will ~chuckles~, because if some other thought than what their faith commands would unravel the universal fabric of their reality creating depression, confusion and possibly insanity, so it is imperative that they cling to their ideologies and leave little room for facts (not all christians, just most as a whole). My whole family are deep rooted evengelicals ~chuckles~.

Anytime someone suggests something out of the normal it makes people have to look at themselves and the world around them, who the hell wants to do that in such a superficial material world ~snickers~. It's all about don't rock the boats in spite of what is wrong, right or indifferent ~snickers~. So technically you future spouse is just trying to protect himself without even realizing it ~chuckles~. I deal with the same thing with my wife, as she is a devout Christian, so I don't talk to her about what I know and she doesn't tell me what she knows and it has made for a beautiful 15.5 year marriage, not that we haven't had our ups and downs but we have passed through every one with flying colors.

Not everyone wants this knowledge or seeks it despite what knowledge it that an individual holds...I pretty sure through my observations of the human race that the majority of human like to be brain dead, it's just easier ~chuckles~. After all it is his journey, and at some point I am sure he will get inquisitive ~smiles~, especially if he admires the way you handle life! I have torn the reality fabric of people and have regretted it, I chose to let them do it on their own now ~smiles~.

Yes thank the powers that be for the ULC where a person can come in an veiw hundreds of different philosophical and intellectual viewpoints, it is somewhat of a sanctuary for a seeking mind ~smiles~. I look forward to your reads in the future...

Even though I am neither a theologian nor a scientist, I strongly recommend that you read the works of Pierre Teiland de Chardin (1881-1955). He was a French Jesuit priest, a true mystic, and a man of science (a paleonthologist). His works led me to understand the true spiritual meaning of evolution, and the value of spiritual life. I have walked a different spirituality than the on chosen by Father Chardin, but I strongly believe that the results have been the same: a strong awareness of my oneness with matter and spirit.

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

• Amulet locked this topic