Navaratri

Today -- September 19th -- marks the beginning of the nine day Hindu celebration of Navaratri. It is the worship of God as Divine Mother in Her various aspects.

May all be blessed during this time of Joy. OM Peace Amen!

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

Peace and Blessings for you and yours as well and may your celebration bring you great Joy.

Would you mind sharing some of the high points of this celebration. Such as is there a special food prepared or interesting ritual involved? Are gifts given?

Peace and Blessings for you and yours as well and may your celebration bring you great Joy.

Would you mind sharing some of the high points of this celebration. Such as is there a special food prepared or interesting ritual involved? Are gifts given?

Three aspects of Divine Mother are celebrated: Durga Ma, Lakshmi, and Saraswati. They represent Will Power, Wealth, and Knowledge.

In India they are celebrated with great pomp and of course a lot of food. In every Hindu celelebration there is always going to be food. I am not into big celebrations; I celebrate in the simplicity of silent contemplation.

I will light a candle for Mother, for the Presiding Deity of the Moriviví Hermitage is Mother Kali. During this time I celebrate the blessing of Motherhood.

Traditionally no gifts are given, but I see no reason why we should not.

Hermano Luis

Edited by emalpaiz

• Amulet locked this topic