• Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RevRussellP

  1. thank you for sharing your experiences with us here. i am happy that you have come through what must have been extremly difficult times and found a way to cellebrate your faith and LIFE and help to empower other people. May the lord smile upon you and grant you strength to continue your work. peace be with you
  2. This is true but that being said as sentient beings we have a duty to represent that truth to ensure it is heard and defended to the best of our abilities. It is our duty to take accountability for the truth and if required defend it with our lives through peaceful acknowledgment of it againt those who would attempt to prove otherwise using whatever methods they will, to not defend the truth is to support those attempting to obscure it.
  3. for me the purpose of my existance is to raise my family as best i can and honour the lord my god in all that i say and do....i would like to include what i thin but for most people the mind has a teendancy to have it's own thoughts before we become aware of them and the best we can hope to do is correct ourselves as they come upon us
  4. no with exeptions for me... example if i were to go preaching in an unsypothetic country and was arrested and told to stop preaching or face the death penalty i would choose to continue preaching knowing theoutcome. while i would not be picking up the gun and shooting myself i would be making the concious choice to put myself in harms way to defend my beliefs which would cause myself to be harmed....depends on your point of view but is self harm in a fashion.
  5. Hi all and peace be upon you! I would like to ask people to share their experiences of begining their preaching as a ULC minister. Especialy the responses of people who may have known you for a time before you became ordained. also do you were a clergy shirt? if so how do people react to this? kind regards and god bless Rev. Russell Pearson
  6. A GUIDE TO WEDDINGS IN ENGLAND AND WALES If you wish to marry in England or Wales you may do so either by civil or religious ceremony. A civil ceremony can take place at a register office or other premises approved by the local authority for marriages (for example, hotel, stately home, See our Wedding Venues section for a vast Selection). A religious ceremony can take at a Church or Chapel of the Church of England or Church in Wales or at any other place of worship which has been formally registered by the Register General for marriages. Who do I contact to make arrangements? This will depend on the type of ceremony and where you wish to marry. Civil Ceremony If you wish to marry by civil ceremony, that is at a register office or other building approved for civil marriage, you should first contact the superintendent registrar of the district where you wish to marry. You may marry at any register office or approved premises of your choice in England or Wales. However, for a marriage in an approved premises, you will also need to make arrangements at the venue in question. In addition you will need to give a formal notice of your marriage to the superintendent registrar of the district(s) where you live. Church of England or Church of Wales If you wish to be married in the Church of England or Church of Wales - and generally you will be able to do so only if you or your partner live in the parish - you should first speak to the Vicar. If he is able to marry you he will arrange for the Banns to be called on three Sundays before the day of your ceremony or for a common licence to be issued. The marriage will also be registered by the Vicar and there is generally no need to involve the local superintendent registrar. Other Places of Religious Worship If you wish to marry by religious ceremony other than in the Church of England or Church of Wales you should first arrange to see the Minister or other person in charge of marriages at the building. However, the church or religious building in question must normally be in the registration district where you or your partner live. It will also be neccessary to give formal notice of your marriage to the superintendent registrar of the district(s) where you live. A registrar may also need to be booked. The Legal Formalities Unless you are marrying in the Church of England or Church of Wales by Banns or Common Licence you and / or your partner must attend personally at the register office for the district(s) where you live and give a notice of your marriage to the superintendent registrar. Notice of marriage can be given in one of two ways: By Certificate Both of you must have lived in a registration district in England or Wales for at least seven days immediately before giving notice at the register office. If you both live in the same district you only need to give one notice. If you live in different registration districts then each of you will need to give notice in your own area. After giving notice you must wait a further twenty-one days before the marriage can take place, (for example, if notice is given on 1 July the marriage may take place on or after 23 July 1997). By Licence To marry by this method, which is often known as 'special licence' and is more expensive, one of you must have lived in a registration district in England or Wales for at least fifteen days before giving notice at the register office. Your partner only needs to be resident of, or be physically in England or Wales on the day notice is given. After notice is given the marriage can take place after one clear day (excluding a Sunday, Christmas Day or Good Friday). For example you can give notice on a Tuesday and be married on the Thursday. How far in advance may I make a booking? A notice of marriage is valid for three months only. You may therefore not give notice of marriage to the superintendent registrar more than three months before the date of your marriage. However, it should be possible for you to make an advance (provisional) booking with the superintendent registrar of the district where you wish to marry twelve months before the ceremony. The sooner you arrange to book the marriage the more likely it is that you will get the date and time of your choice. The superintendent registrar will be able to give you more precise information in this respect. Documents you may need to produce to the superintendent registrar or to the Vicar When you attend before the superintendent registrar or Vicar to make the formal arrangements you will need to produce certain documents, for example, if you have been married before a decree absolute of divorce bearing the court's original stamp, or if your husband or wife died a certificate of their death. It would also be useful if your birth certificate or passport (or some other identity document) could be produced. Photocopies are unlikely to be acceptable. Other documents may also be needed depending on the circumstances, for example, the consent of parents to a marriage where one of the couple is under the age of 18. If you are not able to provide any of the above documents the superintendent registrar will explain what other documents may be acceptable. Please Note Your marriage cannot go ahead unless the legal formalities have been completed. Notice of marriage must be given in person to the superintendent registrar by you or your partner. No one else can do so on your behalf. Where an advance booking for a marriage has been made it is essential that a formal notice is given to the superintendent registrar once its within three months of marriage. Other Information There are nationally set fees for giving notice to the superintendent registrar and for the registrar's attendance at a marriage at a register office or religious building. However, the fee for the attendance of the superintendent registrar and registrar at a marriage in an approved premises (for example, at a hotel) is set by the local authority. The superintendent registrar of the district where you wish to marry will be able to provide you with details of the fees payable. On the day of the wedding you will need to bring with you at least two other people who are prepared to witness the marriage and sign the marriage register. If you wish to know more about marriage ceremonies at register offices or at approved premises please ask the superintendent registrar for details. While a ceremony of marriage in the presence of a superintendent registrar cannot, by law, contain any religious aspects, it may be possible with the agreement of the registration officers attending the ceremony, for you to include non-religious music and/or poetry readings and for the wedding to be videoed. This guide is issued for general guidance and is not a complete statement of the law. For further information on any aspect of the formalities to, or the ceremony of marriage, please seek the advice of the superintendent registrar at the local register office. His/her telephone number and address can be found in your local telephone directory under 'Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages'. details taken from: