Clementine Recognitions

http://www.compassionatespirit.com/Recognitions/Intro-Rec-translator.htm

Hilgenfeld says: "There is scarcely a single writing which is of so great importance for the history of Christianity in its first stage, and which has already given such brilliant disclosures at the hands of the most renowned critics in regard to the earliest history of the Christian Church, as the writings ascribed to the Roman Clement, the Recognitions and Homilies."2 The importance thus attached to these strange and curious documents by one school of theologians, has compelled men of all shades of belief to investigate the subject; but after all their investigations, a great variety of opinion still prevails on almost every point connected with these books.

http://www.compassionatespirit.com/Recognitions/Intro-Rec-translator.htm

Hilgenfeld says: "There is scarcely a single writing which is of so great importance for the history of Christianity in its first stage, and which has already given such brilliant disclosures at the hands of the most renowned critics in regard to the earliest history of the Christian Church, as the writings ascribed to the Roman Clement, the Recognitions and Homilies."2 The importance thus attached to these strange and curious documents by one school of theologians, has compelled men of all shades of belief to investigate the subject; but after all their investigations, a great variety of opinion still prevails on almost every point connected with these books.

Thanks, Fawzo,

for an EXCELLENT LINK!

I'm enjoying it so far. I've read 1-1/2 chapters.

I was a bit saddened by the all too familar cosmological statements, which one would think a Holy Spirit Filled person would know better, but I am loving the debate with SImon Magnus.

Some of the arguments I would like to go over here, as I have seen one or two where Peter (allegedly) just fails miserably and others where he shines and has given me some new insights in old tired arguments.