Amy R.

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Amy R.

  • Rank
    Registered User
  1. And/or call or e-mail you local representatives.
  2. Sure, I can advise on ULC legal issues for Wisconsin, and Minnesota (not that there's any issue in Minnesota as far as I know). As far as changing the law in Wisconsin goes, I don't know what the rationale is for the law or how likely it is that it could be changed.
  3. I am an attorney licensed in Wisconsin and Minnesota. I think the quickest and easiest thing is just to provide the letter to the clerk. Even if the clerk doesn't have authority to ask for the letter (and I didn't research whether or not she has authority), is it worth it to get into it with the clerk? You can't fight city hall, and even when you can, you won't make friends. My county has a sample letter of sponsorship on their website : The clerk may be trying to cover herself so she is not in violation of sec. 765.30(2)(b), which is punishable by a fine of up to $10,000 and or up to 9 months in jail. See Amy Rapoport