• Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About rleighkr

Helpful Information

  • Gender

rleighkr's Achievements

Registered User

Registered User (1/17)

  1. Thanks for the advice. I've spoken to another ULC minister here but she is also a JP so it doesn't matter. I'm going to send for the "letter in good standing" and do the ceremony. Thanks again!
  2. Marriage may be solemnized by a justice of the peace as commissioned in the state; by any minister of the gospel in the state who has been ordained according to the usage of his or her denomination, resides in the state, and is in regular standing with the denomination; This is a quote from the NH law on who can perform marriages in this state. I'm wondering if it disallows me (as an ULC minister) to perform a marriage here. The section, "by any minister of the gospel in the state..", has me confused. Does it mean the church must be based in NH? Any thoughts on this would be helpful as my friend would like me to perform her marriage ceremony in a few weeks time. I've tried the Town Clerk but she wasn't sure either. Thanks!!