Lyrics

Sky

Not spoken word.... Lyrics are sold all the time. Sometimes with music, sometimes with out. Even BMI and ASCAP have membership categories for lyricists. Copy right law has specific language for lyrics only versus lyrics tied to music, etc..

I'm just looking for anyone who has had personal experience doing so.

That's interesting. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country. I have been in the music business for over 10 years, owned a professional recording studio, a record label (small Indy) and managed bands. I have several friends in the music biz on a much larger scale, both in LA and NY. I have also had meetings with several A&R reps from major labels (discussing local bands they were interested in) But had never heard of a "Staff" lyricist.. cool. I'll check it out.

Sky,

A friend of mine who lives in Westminster sold a song a couple of years ago. She said she posted the lyrics on some website for writers and a song producer bought it from that website. I can get the information if you're interested, or I can put you in touch with her.

Sky,

A friend of mine who lives in Westminster sold a song a couple of years ago. She said she posted the lyrics on some website for writers and a song producer bought it from that website. I can get the information if you're interested, or I can put you in touch with her.

I would love to pick her brain about some of the details or find the site... thank you big time!