How Many Authors Wrote The Gospels Of Paul?

oldblindjohn

It's difficult to even speculate the authors of such ancient texts....

I just wonder what the guy who wrote Revelations was on, and where I can score some! :lol:

I never found LSD or mushrooms to be that intense and frightening.

Sound like a DMT trip, in which case you'll prolly have to make it yourself.

Unless he met Sally D.

Edited by DUH!

the alleged author of revelations is suspected of chewing ergot.where you can find some is beyond me.

it is also questioned as to how many authors the gospels of paul had.if i remember my prior studies correctly,paul was very illiterate where written greek was concerned.and if he was a roman citizen,i suspect he was educated in latin.

the alleged author of revelations is suspected of chewing ergot.where you can find some is beyond me.

it is also questioned as to how many authors the gospels of paul had.if i remember my prior studies correctly,paul was very illiterate where written greek was concerned.and if he was a roman citizen,i suspect he was educated in latin.

You can find ergot infecting rye and certain other grains. Chewing it is discouraged, as strychnine poisoning is quite painfull.

I have heard of people making wine from it, but I have no idea how the strychnine is removed. Maybe strychnine is insoluble in alcohol?

You can find ergot infecting rye and certain other grains. Chewing it is discouraged, as strychnine poisoning is quite painfull.

I have heard of people making wine from it, but I have no idea how the strychnine is removed. Maybe strychnine is insoluble in alcohol?

Ergot does not contain strychnine. It does, however, contain several alkaloids that can kill you, or make you lose your extremities. Not to mention the violent seizures, and the inescapable feeling that you are being burned alive. http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=14928

and if he was a roman citizen,i suspect he was educated in latin.

Actually for some reason back then romans were considered barbaric and most romans were sent to greece for their education. Also tha cleopatra who spoke many languages refused to speak latin for this reason. At least that what they told me on the A&E classroom I watched the other morning. who knows lol.

Edited by Blackthorn

Ergot does not contain strychnine. It does, however, contain several alkaloids that can kill you, or make you lose your extremities. Not to mention the violent seizures, and the inescapable feeling that you are being burned alive. http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=14928

Dr. Albert Hofmann derived Lysergic Acid Diethylamide-25 from ergot. :D

There are so many contraditions in Paul it makes one wonder how many differant authors there are.

considering first off that the books of the bible for the most part were written at the very least one hundred (many speculate up to three hundred) years AFTER Jesus died, and the apostles were grown men before jesus died, I would safely bet that Paul (if there was a Paul) wasn't t he author and in most cases it seems a collection of people would get together and put in all the fables and rules and word of God, editing and rewriting until all the information they wanted to include was there. Much of the information has been proved to be historically inaccurate.

I think if people really lived life as described in the bible they would be superior people just that good old golden rule would be a change for the better, few believers actually follow all the teachings choosing instead to pick and choose what to follow and what to ignore as it fits what they want to be able to do in their lives and using the words to justify their actions.

I've found in my studies that Paul's Greek was not as good as Luke or Apollos. The question about the authorship of The Epistle to the Hebrews is a good example. Many say Paul wrote it and if you read it in the English you might think that. If you read it in the Greek you would be equally sure he did not write it. All the Old Testament quotes in The Epistle of Hebrews were from the Septuagint which is in Greek; Paul would have used the Tanakh which is in Hebrew.

Paul normally had people write what he was saying in the Greek, and then he would write the ending salutations in his writing as a seal of the document's authenticity.

The Gospel of Luke is considered to be Paul's Gospel by the way.

You seem to make a lot of generalities in your post, many going against literary scholarship.

considering first off that the books of the bible for the most part were written at the very least one hundred (many speculate up to three hundred) years AFTER Jesus died, and the apostles were grown men before jesus died, I would safely bet that Paul (if there was a Paul) wasn't t he author and in most cases it seems a collection of people would get together and put in all the fables and rules and word of God, editing and rewriting until all the information they wanted to include was there. Much of the information has been proved to be historically inaccurate.

I think if people really lived life as described in the bible they would be superior people just that good old golden rule would be a change for the better, few believers actually follow all the teachings choosing instead to pick and choose what to follow and what to ignore as it fits what they want to be able to do in their lives and using the words to justify their actions.

Paul took credit for writing epistles mostly not gospels.

Where Paul takes credit in the epistles:

Rom 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

1Cor 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

1Cor 16:21 The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand.

2Cor 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

2Cor 10:1 Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Phil 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Col 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

Col 4:18 The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.

1Thes 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2Thes 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

2Thes 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

1Tm 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

2Tm 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Ti 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Phlm 1:1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,

Phlm 1:9 Yet for love's sake I rather beseech thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.

Phlm 1:19 I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides.

And Peter gave him credit also...
2Pt 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

I disagree and find no contradiction... see the exact verses used for reference... please!

oldblindjohn Posted Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Try this for a contradiction. Compare I Cor 11:4 to I Cor 14:34.

or... I tried it and see no contradition only references to different subjects...
I Cor 11:4: Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

I Cor 14:34: Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

actually, there is no contradiction between the 2 verses you mentioned in 1st. cor. one verse is speakingabout the use of the spiritual gifts, the second is speaking of unlearned women disrupting a service because they had a question. in those days women sat on one side of the room and men on the other. if a woman had a question she might lean over the isle way and ask her husband, thus disrupting aservice. its not a contradiction, it's a lack of studying on your part. remember what the bible says.. 2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY dividing the word of truth. as for the septuagaint [sp] you should prolly know there is no such thing, the septuagaint was supposed to be the old testament translated into greek, and had nothing to do with the new testament. but if you look at the requirements that wereto be set down for the translating method used it was never done the way it was supposed to.. so to those who like to speak of the septuagaint always bringing it up, all i got to say is: why do i need a greek old testament when i have a perfectly preserved hebrew masoretic text?

have a nice day all, i'm outta this thread before i lose i.q. points.. one thing before i go, if you wanna learn a lil something about the bible, i reccomend the followibng two books

an understandable history of the bible

http://samgipp.com/history/Gipp_history_index.html

and

the answer book

http://samgipp.com/answer/gipp_answer_index.html

both by dr. sam gipp. th.d.

laterzzzzz :D:pepsi: