Wiccan Ulc Ministers

Thanks Rev.Fred

I already understood that the tools were just focal points to help bring your mind to a singular point of consciousness where its easier to jump the gap.

I use to be a big rock and mineral guy who used all of Melody's master number minerals to meditate with. Then I learned to bypass them and just use my mind.

Trying not to be ignorant but the only example I can think of is riding a bike. When you start you need the training wheels but once you master it

you throw those suckers in the garage and drive like a bat out of hell.

Crutches are usefull until they are no longer needed. This is how I see all forms of religious belief. They help the seeker until the seeker is able to stand on his own two feet and follow his own path.

May your path be filled with health, love and happiness!

Understood but some of us prefer tools regardless of level of skill. Just a personal thing i guess...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood but some of us prefer tools regardless of level of skill. Just a personal thing i guess...

I've hung around Wiccans for a few years now and just realized I've never heard of them speak of any kind of heaven or Bliss or nirvana. What is the ultimate

goal for a Wiccan Seeker?

Thanks again for the discussion!

I've hung around Wiccans for a few years now and just realized I've never heard of them speak of any kind of heaven or Bliss or nirvana. What is the ultimate

goal for a Wiccan Seeker?

Thanks again for the discussion!

Summerland. It's a place where our souls go until the time of reincarnation. Im just gonna put this little disclaimer out here though: These are my beliefs and not necessarily those of other Wiccans.

Oh and back to the tool thing for a sec. My first wand was a gift from a friend. My first stone necklace was a gift from my father. So even though I do not use tools for all rituals, I like to have these items for stronger workings because these tools to me are very special because they were gifts of love....

Summerland. It's a place where our souls go until the time of reincarnation. Im just gonna put this little disclaimer out here though: These are my beliefs and not necessarily those of other Wiccans.

Oh and back to the tool thing for a sec. My first wand was a gift from a friend. My first stone necklace was a gift from my father. So even though I do not use tools for all rituals, I like to have these items for stronger workings because these tools to me are very special because they were gifts of love....

I understand where you're coming from. I don't leave the house without my piece of sugilite around my neck and a piece of chrysoprase in my key pocket.

I would feel totally naked without them.

What stone was your necklace?

I understand where you're coming from. I don't leave the house without my piece of sugilite around my neck and a piece of chrysoprase in my key pocket.

I would feel totally naked without them.

What stone was your necklace?

He gave me hematite (a mineral, I know). I was always getting injured playing sports and rough housing so he gave me the necklace to protect and heal.

Guest MickinEngland
...the already poor image people have of Wiccans.

Most ordinary people's knowledge of Wicca comes from the original Wicker Man film, eg -

They burn people and animals as sacrifices because they're scared of starving, and their women tie ribbons to maypoles and prance naked around them under the full moon.

Hmm Wicca's not all bad then..

Hey if I bring a maypole they can tie ribbons to it and prance round it anytime they like..

Most ordinary people's knowledge of Wicca comes from the original Wicker Man film, eg -

They burn people and animals as sacrifices because they're scared of starving, and their women tie ribbons to maypoles and prance naked around them under the full moon.

Hmm Wicca's not all bad then..

Hey if I bring a maypole they can tie ribbons to it and prance round it anytime they like..

Women and men tie ribbons around the maypole in celebration of the time of year when fertility is full bloom.....who could possibly not think puppies, kittens, calves, human babies, etc. aren't absolutely adorable and something to be celebrated? Granted it was origionally meant for fertility of the land but I like to think of it as celebrations of all fertility. Not everyone goes skyclad either.....me naked would be a horror flick not something to celebrate the holidays looking at... :lol::lol::lol:

Guest MickinEngland

But there's no getting away from the fact that the Wiccans in the film seemed to be so scared of crop failure that they were willing to sacrifice a human and animals to keep their gods sweet.

By contrast Jesus said 'be laidback and chill'

"Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. " (Matt ch 6)

That's one of the Main Messages of Christianity - "be kewl", and is why I like being around true Christians, nothing bothers or worries them, great vibes.. :)

But there's no getting away from the fact that the Wiccans in the film seemed to be so scared of crop failure that they were willing to sacrifice a human and animals to keep their gods sweet.

By contrast Jesus said 'be laidback and chill'

"Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. " (Matt ch 6)

That's one of the Main Messages of Christianity - "be kewl", and is why I like being around true Christians, nothing bothers or worries them, great vibes.. :)

Wicca is based on the "Old Religions". Wicca has never condoned animal sacrifice. There is no movie in hollywood that will give an accurate description of Wicca. If you like being around true Christians, then power to ya. Just hope you realize that I won't be out to give you the creeps or do the "oogedy boogedy".

Guest MickinEngland
If you like being around true Christians, then power to ya. Just hope you realize that I won't be out to give you the creeps or do the "oogedy boogedy".

I've just come across another good example of Christian kewlness in the book 'Wagons West' about the days of the old wagon trains across America.

One Christian dood was travelling wth the train to establish a ministry out west, and everybody liked his good vibes so much they were sorry when they parted company at the end of the trail.

One said "He was always good-humoured and unflappable even when it was his own wagon that overturned on the mountain passes"..

I've just come across another good example of Christian kewlness in the book 'Wagons West' about the days of the old wagon trains across America.

One Christian dood was travelling wth the train to establish a ministry out west, and everybody liked his good vibes so much they were sorry when they parted company at the end of the trail.

One said "He was always good-humoured and unflappable even when it was his own wagon that overturned on the mountain passes"..

I don't see how this pertains to the subject but I'll indulge you. I don't read fiction and the only Christian dudes will coolness that I'm "down with" are my old man and my father. No offense but, Jesus is not my homeboy. I think he was stellar but still not my homeboy. Ya dig?

Guest MickinEngland
I don't see how this pertains to the subject but I'll indulge you. I don't read fiction and the only Christian dudes will coolness that I'm "down with" are my old man and my father. No offense but, Jesus is not my homeboy. I think he was stellar but still not my homeboy. Ya dig?

Hey 'Wagons West' is not fiction, look -

http://www.amazon.com/Wagons-West-Americas...s/dp/0802117317

It's the one written by Frank McLynn, i think there are others of the same title which are fiction.

• Amulet locked this topic