Letter To The Hensley Family

Aloha,

I just recieved the newsletter regarding the passing of our President of ULC. I just want to send all our love and concerns for her family and friends. The House of Warriors will remember her in our prayers and chants. We hope that this material loss will bring stronger spiritual unity and understanding to all. May her family and freinds be blessed with inner strength and gnosis durring this tuff time.

Truly,

Rev. Nick Osborne

House of Warriors Ministry Hawaii

post-9824-1168201773.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

from member mansalta:

dear brother & sisters,

oh my God, please accept my personal condolences to

the family of our late president LIDA G. HENSLEY and

please just pray for her soul...

truly yours in christ jesus,

from member klingongal
I am so sorry to hear about Lida Hensley's death.

Thanks to her and her founding of ULC Church, I have been able to

legally unite many couples in joyous celebration.

I tried to respond on the message boards but was unable, so I wanted

to write personally and let you know that I appreciate Mrs. Hensley's

impact on my life, and consequently, on others'.

Sincerely,

Muncie, IN

from member ladywolfe

I would like to just say my husband and I would like the family to know are prayers are with them all

Wishing the Hensley family peace in their hearts and strength in their souls during this difficult time. It's hard to rejoice in your loved one's release from earthly cares and pain when you are feeling so much loss and pain yourself. Your precious memories of her will sustain you through the hard times and bring you joy. Take care,

Rev Riki and Rev Steve from Arizona

I wish to offer my condolences to the Hensley Family, will be praying for guidence and comfort in your time of sorrow.

Sincerely, Reverend Jackie Zufall Ordained April 25th 2003, by the ULC...Thanks for all your family has done for the many people who come to you for ordainment and guidence...God Bless You!

Dear Fellow Ministers,

I had the good fortune to find out about the ULC before there was an internet because they were in both

TIME & NEWSWEEK in May 1969. I requested my ordination by snail mail - that's all there was in the stone age - and so far, I'm still here. As I've said before, I wish somebody had the archives and the resources to put all the old ULC newspapers on a DVD for historical reference, because they showed the power, energy and charm of a slightly younger Hensley family that really drove this church into world domination. (I gave most of my 1970s newsletters away to spread the cause).

Kirby J. Hensley and the INDISPENSABLE support of his wife, the late Lida G. Hensley, and their children, enhanced freedom for all. The bottom line: Kirby J. Hensley **REALLY WAS RIGHT!!!***

I already sent this message to ulchq and thought I should share it over here. Thank you to the administrators who kept me informed of these developments by email.

Dear friends at headquarters,

I offer my sincere condolences to the Hensleys and the church HQ over the loss of our president Lida G. Hensley. Kirby and Lida Hensley did nothing less than *expand* the first amendment rights and freedoms of us all, and influenced the entire planet as well. It would be hard for anyone to live up to the genius and hard work of the ULC's founding couple, while remaining as humble and beautiful as they were. The only way to fully honor Ms Hensley is to keep the ULC alive into the future - just like she did late in life as a widow; she rose to the occasion. Good thing she has lots of decendents, because I hope they can continue the basic vision that everyday folk are all ministers, and no particular minister is higher than the next one. We're all a part of one group - like it or not - and we're all with you today.

Love,

Burnt Swamp Ministry

Box 197

Sheldonville, MA 02070

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Andre,

On behalf of the membership of the Universal Life Church Online forum, please allow me to express the sorrow we all have at the loss of your dear mother, Lida. While obviously not many have heard much of her (outside your office), we all know Lida was a fine, strong woman that upheld the ideals of your father, and helped make the church the great success

I'm sure many of us would love to be present for the memorial service you plan to hold. Be assured that we are with you and your family in spirit during this difficult time.

We offer our prayers, best wishes, support, and love to you during this difficult time.

Anthony J. Stern

Forum Administrator

Saint of the Universal Life Church

Forum members, please post your support to the Hensley family in this thread. I will pass a link to this topic to Andre in a few days.

Dear Andre,

I offer my services to you; if there is anything I am able to do besides offer my prayer, please feel free to call on me!

Peace,

-J-

• 8 months later...

I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences and prayers to the Hensley Family at this time of their loss. It is apparent that Lida's path was instrumental toward supporting the Church. Lights that shine so brightly are indeed rare. I pray for your comfort and healing during this difficult period of transition. And you are all indeed lucky to have had such a bright star as a part of your family all of these many years. In reading this thread it is obvious that Lida and your family are revered, respected, and loved by so many. Do not hesitate to reach out to those around you when you feel the need. And do not ever feel ashamed to grieve.

• 3 years later...
  • Amulet locked and unpinned this topic