If There’s A Hell, I Bought Myself A One-way Pass...

Kimmy

...because I could not stop laughing, while watching Grizzly Man, which is the documentary about Timothy Treadwell.

If you’re not familiar with the story, Tim liked bears...a lot. So much, so, that he decided to live with them. He thought of himself as a “warrior†and their “protectorâ€. He shouted “I love you†at them and spoke as if they were pals. He even named the bears. He investigated their poop, continuously commenting on how it came out of them. Alas, one of the bears finally ate him and his girlfriend.

I can barely get through writing this, remembering how damn funny it was. I had to pause my TiVo several times, so I could finish my giggle-fit, before continuing. In my opinion, it should have won Best Comedy of the year.

~ Don't worry, you weren't the only one to giggle!

He was like the Croc dude, "WoW!!! A nice steaming pile our girl left today!" type stuff, & then goes on a tirade calling everyone <beeps> & <beep-beeps> & more <beeps> because people left smiley-faces & 'see ya next year' stuff on rocks... He felt they were threats.

He was a well-meaning & way-over-board trusting of grizzly bears nut.

He seemed to feel he had a beyond-Nature connection with grizzlies.

Am sorry he & his lady friend got eaten.

But it was in the middle of a drought, so fewer fish,

& they pitched camp right in the middle of the bear's hunting paths.

Bears aren't known for being particular when they're hungry.

As he noted, they eat anything, including their young when food's scarce.

Food was scarce.

You know, I cannot even think about that film without laughing. :lol:

ETA: The "dead bee" was one of my favorite parts. That, and when the Alaska guy said "the bears must've thought he was retarded."

Edited by Elphaba

Oh dear!!

A Darwin Award, but still sad.

Have we got so far away from nature that we've forgotten some of it has teeth and claws?

Oddly enough it's not a mistake people who actually live alongside wild animals make... or not more than once anyway.

Green Lady, I don't think laughing at terminal stupidity gets you a ticket to Hell.

Edited by Bendigo