Movies

Jason ON

I remember when the jews were complaining about Mel Gibson's flic on Jesus. I figure if they don't like it, they don't have to watch it. No one's holding a gun to their head.

The film you refer to is called "The Passion". As a jew, I remember receiving the letter telling me I was supposed to complain about it.

For a fairly even handed description of the turmoil surrounding the release of this film, you could go here'

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/980753/posts.

Or not. After all, no one is holding a gun to your head.

I didn't look at the link you provided, maybe later though. I recall a bunch of jews had problems with The Passion and one of the excuses is because it was supposedly building hate against jews (or something like that). To me it was nonsense. I saw jews watching The Passion, I watched The Passion. A lot of people did. It didnb't build or create any hate. It was a good movie. I don't see how anyone can build or create hate if it isn't already there.

Has anyone seen the tv show (from HBO) Carneval? I only saw a few episodes, but it's kind of like another one of those "kid is reincarnation of god" type things (or something like that)... there is also Donnie Darko.

I really can't stand people who watch movies and can only see the supposed overtones of religious or political influence or whatever. If that's all they see, then they really need a vacation and partying and corruption for a weekend lol. It's good to believe in whatever you believe in, and follow the rules and stuff, but I think getting SO into it and every word that comes out of your mouth having "god" somewhere in it is taking it a little too far. Besides, shouldn't we (like the Muse said in Dogma) celebrate our faith and have some fun?!!

:)