Shows That Ended, Prematurely...

Kimmy

3rd Rock was a GREAT SHOW except for the teenage boy, who is a bad actor, though cute. For me, it was all about John Lithgow and Jane Curtin. She is one of the two or three actually funny SNL graduates, and Lithgow is in my Top Ten, especially for Buckaroo Banzai.

Speaking of Lithgow, have you ever seen At Play In The Fields Of The Lord? He plays a very not-funny Protestant missionary in the Amazon - movie is rare (I have it!), made from a book by Peter Matthiessen, which somebody lifted from my library.

I'm not familiar with Oz, The Tick or It's All Relative.

I loved Xena because it was so Lesbian, though Very Very Hokey.

"Third Rock was excellent as well.

As for Lithgow... 'Laugh-a while you can-a, monkey boy'"

That's a-right, John Big-Booty!

Your Friend, John Worfin.

------------------------------

"Donny, what about Lithgow in 'the world acording to garp' - that's good stuff."

Yes, I have that movie. He was great, though I must say he was not an attractive woman.

By the way, that BOOK is much better than the movie.

--------------------------

"I still miss The X Files."

Jonnie and I never missed the X-Files, until her disease progressed so that she couldn't watch anything for more than a few minutes. I have the movie and several videos of the TV shows.

Why did Xena end prematurly. They had quite a few seasons.

I still think Xena could’ve stood another season or two. It still had a very loyal fan base, even well after it ended.

The Tick should have never been in production. It was just stupid.

I was speaking of the live action series, which, unfortunately, was very short lived. It had Patrick Warburton as the Tick, who is just too adorable.

So was 3rd rock from the sun

I’m with Donny, on this one. It was all about Dick and Mary. It didn’t hurt that Sally was quite easy on the eyes, either.

and I've never heard of the other 2.

Oz was the series that opened the door for several other “movie channel showsâ€. It was set in a prison and had some of the most controversial characters and story lines. Many of the stars from Oz can also be seen on all three of the Law & Order shows.

It’s All Relative was another short lived series, about a girl who grew up with two gay fathers. She just got engaged to an Irish Catholic boy, whose parents own a bar. Basically, it’s a comedy about star-crossed lovers. The reruns are currently being shown on LOGO, for anyone with DirecTV.

~ Elf

TV shows that ended to soon eh? How about:

1) Titus. Man that show was AWESOME! So bittersweet. Makes my face hurt when I watch it 'cause I laugh so much. Makes me glad my family wasn't THAT screwed up!

2) American Gothic. Anyone else remember that show? someone's at the door. someone's at the door. someone's at the door. someone's at the door. Creepy. Bad acting but still creepy.

3) Firefly. C'mon people this is WAY better than any other space based show on TV. Ever. It's the only GOOD space based show that I've seen since Star Trek TNG! (NOTE: this is just my opinon mind you. I know there are a lot of hardcore fans out there of other space based shows that would argue with me but this is MY opinon.)

That's all I can remember right now. Maybe I'll think up some more in a bit. I'll let y'all know if I do.

E.

1) Titus. Man that show was AWESOME! So bittersweet. Makes my face hurt when I watch it 'cause I laugh so much. Makes me glad my family wasn't THAT screwed up!

I loved that show...I catch his comedy act whenever I get the chance. Seems no matter how many times I've seen it, I still crack up. I miss my Titus. :(

My list could be long, but here are some highlights....

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Ten seasons is not enough!!!)

Dungeons and Dragons (80's cartoon)

Alien Nation

Space: Above and Beyond

The Chronicle

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (I love that show, I want it back!!! My 100+ tapes and DVD are not enough!!)

Futurama

Battlestar Glactica (A teenager actually killed himself when BsG was taken off the air. Not the new Sci-Fi channel crap, the real show)

TV shows that ended to soon eh? How about:

3) Firefly. C'mon people this is WAY better than any other space based show on TV. Ever. It's the only GOOD space based show that I've seen since Star Trek TNG! (NOTE: this is just my opinon mind you. I know there are a lot of hardcore fans out there of other space based shows that would argue with me but this is MY opinon.)

I agree, but I'm a Wheedon-verse junkie. I miss the 'other' one, but it was time for it to end.

So, Nerts, wha'd'ya think of Serenity?