Two Good Movies

SalemWitchChild

The 40 yr, old Virgin WAS funny. (I personally could of done WITHOUT the nudity, but on the whole, it was good.) I wanted to buy it for my best-friend, as a gag gift for Christmas...she was 33 before she lost her virginity.

NO, I don't think it would be a good movie for the WHOLE family. I DEFINATELY would NOT let my 13 year old son watch it! (eesh!) :fear:

:inno:

• 2 weeks later...
The 40 yr, old Virgin WAS funny. (I personally could of done WITHOUT the nudity, but on the whole, it was good.) I wanted to buy it for my best-friend, as a gag gift for Christmas...she was 33 before she lost her virginity.

NO, I don't think it would be a good movie for the WHOLE family. I DEFINATELY would NOT let my 13 year old son watch it! (eesh!) :fear:

:inno:

Perhaps I watched an edited version. Because I don't remember a whole lot of nudity. It's been a few weeks since I saw it though.

The following has nothing to do with either of those movies. However, it is an example of how people notice different things about movies depending on who is also watching them.

I used to work with a guy who was in corporate management of a call center. The upper management in his center was detached and out of touch. A movie came along which my friend felt provided a wonderful life lesson for all managers.

He put together a viewing of the movie, in the conference room, on company time, for the entire management staff.

The movie was Office Space.

As he described it, he realized about ten minutes into the viewing what a completely stupid thing he had done. Things he disregarded about the movie while viewing it with friends were definitly not things he, or the other managers, disregarded while viewing it in a corporate setting.

He eventually had to write several formal letters of apology.....

The original release of the 40 year old virgin didn't have nudity. However, an unedited version apparently does. (i can't say for sure I haven't seen it)

Hmm.... my sister has the unrated version of 40 yr old. I have not seen this copy yet so I am not sure if there is alot of nudity. I did see the rated version and while it did have crude humor it was not bad. Once I watch the unrated I will fill ya in.

I saw the 40 year old virgin, no nudity, just a little under the sheets stuff, but no body parts. It was a funny movie, but of course I wouldnt watch it with a small child, but then again the 6 pm news is too much for a small child . Over all a good movie.

The version that I saw of the 40 year old Virgin has some nudity in it. Not an overwhelming amount, but some. I, personally, wouldn't have watched it with a young child present, but that's me.

Josh, I think I saw the version of Wedding Crashers that you're referring to. The sequence with all the nudity did indeed seem to be in simply for the sake of nudity (no naked men, of course) and was a bit tasteless, IMO.