Cool Christian Music

Rev Skutnick

Hey everyone just wanted to throw out some names of some great Christian Bands. These Bands can be seen on.....www.steelroots.tv

Project 86

Falling up

Pillar

Jeremy Camp

Skillet

Kids in the way

Spoken

Sub Seven

Demon Hunter

Kutless

Thousand Foot Krutch

Underoath

Showbread

KJ 52

Disciple

Emery

These are just a few, check out the website to hear more.....

And of course yours truly can be heard at: www.myspace.com/refueled

Edited by Rev. Skutnick

One of the most unfortunate things about religion today is its almost complete inability to produce music worth listening to. Perhaps there is something worthwhile out there but I've never heard it.

There's a treasure house of absolutely gorgeous Christian music in many different genres out there but it was almost all written more than 100 years ago. I'm not even a Christian but I adore this music.

I've listened, in an otherwise empty Gothic Oratorio illuminated by only the flicker of candles while my cousin, the organ master, played Bach's Jesus Joy of Man's Desiring, and heard the children's Choir at Notre Dame in Paris sing the Vesper on Christmas eve and there was God in the music.

And not just in grand and ancient places but in store front Holiness Church in Washington DC to a picket lines in Selma and a jail cell in Montgomery where people called out to God for deliverance in the rhythms of Africa. And I've had the joy of singing with legendary folk artists like Doc Watson and Mike Seeger the clear, clean melodies that are the Sacred Music of rural white America.

That's music worth listening to.

There is a band that originated here that is christian. They are called Poor mans riches. (Christian Rock)

I've heard one or two of their songs. For being a christian band they aren't that bad.

I actually went to school with some of the members. Who'd a thunk it right.. :coffee:

Here's thier website.

http://www.poormansriches.com/index2.htm

Edited by SalemWitchChild

There is a band that originated here that is christian. They are called Poor mans riches. (Christian Rock)

I've heard one or two of their songs. For being a christian band they aren't that bad.

I actually went to school with some of the members. Who'd a thunk it right.. :coffee:

Here's thier website.

That first song, "Energy", is pretty good Salem.

Here's thier website.

That first song, "Energy", is pretty good Salem.

Yeh. The Ironic thing is Jeremy always got in trouble at school. :shift: For such a little troublemaker he's done some pretty incredible things with his life so far.. and I see in his bio he's married now.