Top Five

rrcanna

The Birdcage is "OK," but you really should see the original, "La Cage Aux Folles."

I forgot The Broken Hearts Club - I have that film...the newbie twink is so hot and a great actor. I think all the guys in that film are stage actors from NYC. John Mahoney was in "Say Anything" with John Cusack and of course his big role was in Frasier (TV).

The Birdcage is "OK," but you really should see the original, "La Cage Aux Folles."

I've heard of it, but have never seen it.

Is it in French and, if so, does it have subtitles or is it dubbed?

I forgot The Broken Hearts Club - I have that film...the newbie twink is so hot and a great actor. I think all the guys in that film are stage actors from NYC. John Mahoney was in "Say Anything" with John Cusack and of course his big role was in Frasier (TV).

Broken Hearts was the very first movie I thought of, when I saw this thread. It always makes me laugh, cry, and swoon, no matter how many times I see it.

Personally, I thought they were all hotties. :wub:

While I normally don't dig "buff" guys, Dean just makes me melt, no matter what role he's in (except when he was playing Laci's husband in that made-for-tv movie). Have you seen him in Best Men? Yummy! He's also a gay character in that, as well.

I had completely forgotten about Mahoney being in Say Anything. One of my favorite roles of his was in Primal Fear. Both he and Terry O'Quinn (I so love Terry) were great, for being side characters.

~ Elf

I've heard of it, but have never seen it.

Is it in French and, if so, does it have subtitles or is it dubbed?

The only version I have seen is in French, with English subtitles. This film played at the Coconut Grove Cinema for about a year. It is actually quite a lot better than the American version with Robin Williams and Nathan Lane.

Broken Hearts was the very first movie I thought of, when I saw this thread. It always makes me laugh, cry, and swoon, no matter how many times I see it.

Personally, I thought they were all hotties. :wub:

I had completely forgotten about Mahoney being in Say Anything. One of my favorite roles of his was in Primal Fear. Both he and Terry O'Quinn (I so love Terry) were great, for being side characters.

~ Elf

I watched Primal Fear again just the other night - Edward Norton is awesome.

The only version I have seen is in French, with English subtitles. This film played at the Coconut Grove Cinema for about a year. It is actually quite a lot better than the American version with Robin Williams and Nathan Lane.

I am horrible with subtitles, so I’ll try to see if I can find it dubbed. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

I watched Primal Fear again just the other night - Edward Norton is awesome.

Oh, I love that movie! Though, I am quite the junkie, when it comes to films, so it is kind of like a chef saying that he or she loves a specific food. :lol:

I believe I am one of the ten people who actually watched Battlefield Earth and one of the two, who liked it. Admittedly, I am still looking for the other one...

~ Elf

Anyone see The Truth About Jane or Chasing Amy? Those were really good, too. Chasing Amy is less about a lesbian than a bisexual woman who starts dating a man, but it started out as a lesbian and her male buddy. By the end of the film we know a lot more about her and her sexual identity. Good flick, sad ending. Sometimes a tear-jerker is just what you want.

Anyone see But I'm a Cheerleader? It was OK, but could have been SOOO much better....

Anyone see Together Alone? That was a wicked drab movie. Slow moving, B&W, only two characters, very drab. Not a great flick, but...ok, there's no "but" it just wasn't a great film. I'll try to think of more.

Anyone know any decent films with bisexual men who are anything but sex fiends or gay (or hetero) men in transit from one sexual identity to another? If you know any titles, shoot them my way? Thanks. :)

Of course this depends on what you call "gay themed." After all what about the following:

1.Casablanca..Bogie ditches the chick and walks off arm in arm with Louis..."the beginning of a beautiful friendship"? Nudge nudge wink wink. Now you know why there was no sequel!

2. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes...Don't Lemmon and Curtis look just a bit TOO good in drag?

3. The Birth of a Nation...Hell, the reason those southern crackers get up in costumes and run around terrorizing the countryside is so they won't have to confront their sexuality.

4. Citizen Kane...Now exactly why does the Joseph Cotton character stick with Kane despite his repulsion at his methods? Can you say "closet case?"

5. Star Wars...Honey, if your Gaydar isn't beeping every ten seconds I hope its still under warranty.