Top Five

rrcanna

5. Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

maybe this should be higher on the list, i don't think i've seen the others

also Victor Victoria

i just adore that movie and how it protrays gay people and tolerance.

joe

Joe, I know about Priscilla Queen of the Desert, but I don't have it. I do have Victor Victoria, but I haven't watched it in years.

Here are some descriptions of those on my list, and some other recommendations:

Beautiful Thing (1996) - Hettie MacDonald directs Glen Berry, Scott Neal - a British teen coming out film

Get Real (1998) - Simon Shore directs Ben Silverstone, Brad Gorton - a British teen coming out film

Torch Song Trilogy (1988) - Paul Bogart directs Anne Bancroft, Matthew Broderick, Harvey Fierstein - gay men in NYC, and extreme gay bashing

My Beautiful Laundrette (1985) - Stephen Frears directs Saeed Jaffrey, Rashan Seth, and Daniel Day-Lewis - British film about the love of an ambitious young Pakistani and a young Englishman

More recommendations:

The Crying Game (1992) - Neil Jordan directs Forest Whitaker, Stephen Rea, Jaye Davidson

Gods and Monsters (1998) - Bill Condon directs Ian McKellen, Brendan Fraser, Lynn Redgrave

My Own Private Idaho (1991) - Gus Van Sant directs River Phoenix, Keanu Reeves

Coming Soon:

Brokeback Mountain (2005) - Ang Lee directs Jake Gyllenhaal, Heath Ledger

• Administrator

Oh, I'm sorry...

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Hedwig...well...um..

They're both comedies, really...but..

Couple of links about Hedwig:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1804383749&cf=info

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0248845/

I've only seen Hedwig once...but it was really a decent movie. I won't say great, but...decent.

OK, I was dense. I have three copies of Rocky Horror. I will acquire the other film ASAP.

BTW, I use imdb.com several times a day, nearly every day. It's THE site for film geeks. For my movie sales on eBay I depend on amazon.com and eBay for prices, and on imdb.com for info.

Also, I left another great gay-themed film off my list: Velvet Goldmine with Christian Bale.

Edited by rrcanna

• Administrator

no...it's cuz I haven't made the actual code for changing font size public yet. I had to create a code to get it to work right, because the board is...not as functional in some respects as it used to be.

I'm having to find workarounds for features that we used to have but don't, since they've been phased out in place of other features.

for the curious...

[size%=80]this is how to make fonts smaller[/size%]

makes

[size%=80]this is how to make fonts smaller[/size%]