Why I Became Ordained By The Ulc

Thought that I had previously replied to this thread.

Why I Became Ordained by the ULC. I became ordained back in April of 2008 during my journey for spiritual self discovery. I have been interested in the various religions for a while, in fact back in 1999 while in Basic Training I was attending a different Religious Service each week, surprisingly due to the recommendation of one of the Chaplains (he ran the Protestant services every Sunday for the battalion my training company was in) after talking with him one Sunday after the service about how while I believe in a Higher Being how do I know that the religion I am following is the true one. During the talk he pointed out that while he is a Christian Minister/Chaplain he understands where I am coming from, and that I should explore other religions to find myself, and since I believe in a Higher Being I may actually be an Agnostic Theist.

Between this time I was attending different Religious Services less and less frequently due to my work schedule. When I found out about the ULC in late March of 2008 I did some research, though it wasn't enough, and decided to get ordained. Due to lack of research I went and got my Ordination through the Monastery. It wasnt until the end of April I finally discovered ULC.net and ULCHQ.com. I shot an email to Brother Kevin here at ULC.net asking if the Monastery ordination was recognized by the ULCHQ, his response was since it was in April or 2008 it unfortunately wasnt recognized. At that point I did some further research and found out about the hostile take over of the Monastery, and submitted a request for Ordination with the ULCHQ through here (ULC.net). I then registered for the forums here made a couple posts and lurked for about a year. Then my computer at the time crashed on me and was unsavable. Due to not having a computer put the forums and ULC.net to the back of my mind. It wasnt until last year when a couple of my friends were talking about getting married that I came back here, by this time I forgot I had an account on the forums and created this one. While my friends didnt end up getting married, not by their choice, but due to a situation where he would end up losing his SS payments if they got married, I did perform an Affirmation of Love ceremony for them, and yes they are still together. Then in December 2013 I had another friend that new i was ordained ask me if I could do a Vow Renewal for her and her husbands anniversary, which I did.

Since refinding the ULC.net forums I have been back on my road of Spiritual Self Discovery, and am now looking at doing the courses available here that are offered through the ULCHQ, and even the courses offered by the ULC Seminary. I have also looked into some outside sources, such as the Great Courses series of college level lectures, having obtained via iTunes the Great Courses Comparative Religion course (lecture), and am currently looking at getting some of the other Great Courses Religion courses (lectures).

Well figured better late then never to post why I became ordained by the ULC and what I am doing with said ordination.

Good story. Better than mine.

I've always felt spiritual. Would often go to church with friends as a kid. It felt necessary then. But my faith wasn't satisified by the doctrines of those churches. Thus, felt like an outsider who believed, but didn't know what to do with that belief.

While becoming ordained wasn't premeditated, it sparked a renewal of interest in pursuing knowledge of my faith.

It seems the ULC has been a great starting point for me.

Anyway, welcome back to the fold, my brother.

Edited by keystrikr
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently applied for ordination. It seems I may have the chance to perform a wedding within the next year and I was curious whether I could do so legally, and it be recognized beyond just the agreement between the couple and myself. As an autodidactic learner, religion and spirituality have been subjects that I've been continually studying and drawn to throughout my life. The statement of belief as listed on the ULC site is as close to my personal beliefs as I've ever found. I have found similarities and comfort in my studies of Judaism, Christianity (and all its denominations), Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, as well as the primal-indigenous and earth centered spiritual beliefs.

There are a few questions as a new ordinate, as I'm sure are expected.

1. Which Facebook site is legitimate and would offer the most support and guidance?

2. Is there anyone else in this forum who may have experience with New York state and its requirements?

3. Is it recommended to be involved with a local (brick-n-mortar) congregation, church?

I live in a very rural area of upstate New York, the town I reside in as less than 500 people. There are 4 churches in the local area, but as you can imagine they are within the top tier of Christian congregations. Although I believe that Jesus Christ may have existed and if so, was an incredible teacher and leader, but I do not hold to the truth that he was both man and G-d.

Thanks in advance.

Eileen

I recently applied for ordination. It seems I may have the chance to perform a wedding within the next year and I was curious whether I could do so legally, and it be recognized beyond just the agreement between the couple and myself. As an autodidactic learner, religion and spirituality have been subjects that I've been continually studying and drawn to throughout my life. The statement of belief as listed on the ULC site is as close to my personal beliefs as I've ever found. I have found similarities and comfort in my studies of Judaism, Christianity (and all its denominations), Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, as well as the primal-indigenous and earth centered spiritual beliefs.

There are a few questions as a new ordinate, as I'm sure are expected.

1. Which Facebook site is legitimate and would offer the most support and guidance?

2. Is there anyone else in this forum who may have experience with New York state and its requirements?

3. Is it recommended to be involved with a local (brick-n-mortar) congregation, church?

I live in a very rural area of upstate New York, the town I reside in as less than 500 people. There are 4 churches in the local area, but as you can imagine they are within the top tier of Christian congregations. Although I believe that Jesus Christ may have existed and if so, was an incredible teacher and leader, but I do not hold to the truth that he was both man and G-d.

Thanks in advance.

Eileen

Welcome Eileen,

Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate, cookies and Doughnuts are over there on the table, take a seat and relax.

The official ULC Facebook (its run by Brother Kevin who also runs the ULC.net Bookstore and forums here) page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/116505275027724/Theres also the ULC Seminary page https://www.facebook.com/ulc.seminary?fref=ts which is run by one of our Ministers more for her congregation and the Seminary program she runs.

New York State requirements can be found here https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/4210/

This depends on the Minister and where they live, some locations require the Minister to be part of an established Church (in Ontario Canada for example the Minister's church needs to be registered with the Providence they Minister resides in and will be performing the Marriages in, yet here in Michigan USA any minister of any church authorized by the church to perform services can, even if they are from out of state). I myself have no congregation per say, it is an informal gathering of 5 or so people (not counting myself), and we typically meet up at one of the "members" homes during the cooler months or if the weather is bad, warmer months and nice weather it might be at a park, the beach, a local nature preserve, etc...

Again welcome to the forums, you will find minsters of all faiths here, from Christianity, to Judaism, to Wicca. to Buddhists, to Agnostics, etc... we are a friendly group here and respect the religious beliefs of all the other Ministers here.

Word of advise, stay away from anything dealing with a group called the ULC World headquarters from Florida, they were at one point harassing ministers ordained through Modesto (ULCHQ) trying to claim that we weren't legally ordained, and to be we had to go through them and get ordained for Free but if you read the fine print you have to pay an annual fee of about $85 to keep the ordination valid. Browsing their site I have also noticed they seem to charge more then the MSRP for a bunch of the materials and other items they they sell. One book they have listed for about $25 costs roughly $16 through Amazon and Church supply websites. Another example of their overcharging is for a portable PA system you wear on your waist, they are charging $60, but if you go to B&H Photo and Video (a large Photography and Video supply store located in New York City) and Amazon you can order the exact same Portable PA unit for about $25.

The second site I would recommend you staying away from for the most part is anything dealing with the Monastery, they claim they are part of the ULC Modesto group, when in fact they aren't, they split from Modesto back in 2006 after a hostile takeover, at which time they stopped forwarding all ordination requests to Modesto. In fact depending on which site of theirs you visit, they have different contact addresses and phone numbers, though the store link on each of them takes you to the Seattle site. I know myself and some of the others here won't be purchasing anything from their online store. This isn't to say that they don't have some free resources available on their numerous sites that we can find useful such as hot to anoint oil for use, they also used to have free MP3 downloads of wedding music, though not sure if its still available on one of their sites.

The only official sites are the ULCHQ.com (this is the site for the actual Church in Modesto) and this one ULC.net. You also have the ULCSeminary.org while not an officially authorized site is recognized, Rev. Long who runs the Seminary forwards all ordination request she receives to Modesto, and the only Official item she offers are Ordination Credential certificates (these orders are forwarded to Modesto and they then send the Credentials out to the one who ordered them through the Seminary). Rev. Long also has various courses available for those wanting to further their religious studies (hence the ULC Seminary name).

Edited by Rev Douglas Trouten
I was first ordained back in the mid-1970s by the Church of Gospel Ministry in Chula Vista, CA. The church was a non-denominational Christian ministry that supported an orphanage in Mexico. I was the leader of a small group of followers in Hawaii and had a tract and a music ministry. Over the years my religious views changed and I lost touch with the church.

Last year I was ordained as a ceremonial minister and licensed officiant by an inter-faith non-denominational Native American ministry for the purpose of officiating weddings as part of my charter boat business. The church is affiliated with the Unega Aninoquisi, United Red River Cherokee Nation of Texas. I affiliated with them because I'm part Cherokee. The church is more of a Lebensphilosophie or "philosophy of life" movement than it is a religion. The church believes in a simple creed of love, respect, freedom and tolerance. They believe in respect Nature and of each other. They care for the land and the other living things around them. They believe that no one of them succeeds unless they all succeed, and they believe that no one of us on Earth is greater than any other.
I recently became aquainted with ULC when I was looking for books and other materials for my wedding ministry. I applied for ULC ordination just to be part of the ULC family. I have no plans on using my ordination other than as a ceremonial minister and licensed officiant. I'm not a spiritual leader, I'm a boat driver, a ship's captain. I provide my ceremonial services to the general public using the title of "Captain". I regularly attend worship services with my wife at a Lutheran church.

Capn Kenny,

Welcome. We all make our way in different capacities. Some are pilots, stewards, passengers, or even dock workers. (If I might use that vernacular.)

Point is, we here are all doing our part in ways we each feel compelled to perform. There are even some who do not much but to learn.

So, no need to be a spiritual leader. Just be.

Again, welcome to the ULC.

• 1 month later...

It has been interesting to read this topic from front to back. I see a number of "new kids" and some "old-timers" in the ULC, while I fall squarely in the middle. It's interesting to note that I have been ordained for more than half of my life at this point, and my original ordination certificate can legally drink now. :D

I took ordination back in September 1993, in an effort to obtain some legal legitmacy as a Wiccan priest at the time. Remember, this was before the Age of the Internet, so there was not much easily accessible information out there, and I wanted to have some legal protections for my coven and our interactions. Fortunately, there was never a need, but fortune favors the prepared mind.

In the past 18 months, I've buried two very good friends. In one instance, I had the honor to officiate over her burial. That was easily one of the most difficult things I've ever done, but it was also one of the most profound moments of my life, right up there with the birth of my daughter.

When I was ordained, there was not much in the way of ULC community, at least not out here in Northern Illinois, in the early 90s. Life happened, I got married and divorced, and remarried several years later, which I got right the second time around. I have always been a seeker, but not much of a "churcher" and definitely too liberal for many Christian institutions. But my seeking and learning eventually led me to meet the Buddha on the road, and I walk that path now. Though, it can be said that "erring and erring, I walk the unerring path" in that way.

Several years ago, I stumbled across the "other" ULC on the internet, thinking it was the same one as the one I had originally took ordination with. I poked around their (not terribly friendly) forum and did not like the feeling that I was left with. I thought that it was really a shame that the ULC that I knew of had taken that journey, but learned later that I was fortunately mistaken. The experience there left me soured on the ULC for a couple of years, in all ignornace.

When I was asked to preside over my friend's funeral, I swallowed my pride and went looking for the ULC again, and came across Rev Amy Long and her Seminary, and learned that there had been a splintering of the ULC name, which came as a great relief to me. I'm working my way through her Chaplaincy program right now, and am enjoying it well.

I don't know what, if anything, I want to or will do with my credentials. I know that I can hold a funeral, and I could probably do a wedding with no problem. I did a naming ceremony for my daughter years ago, so would be comfortable performing that again, as as well. As things go, I will complete the Seminary Chaplain program, as I know that's one thing I want to do: Be a chaplain, in fact, if not title. I've been a sort of spiritual counselor for many people over many years, so I thought it was time to put a little education behind it, if that makes sense.

As I said, it was interesting to read everybody else's ordination stories. I recognized some of myself in some of the stories being told. What I saw most, though was an interesting number of "preacher" folk, at least in the ones posting here. By that, I mean folk who took orders in order to spread "The Word of God." Good words and good deeds are never a bad thing, and they are admirable goals, in and of themselves. I just hope that my ULC brothers and sisters don't end up being "out all over" as the saying goes in my house.

In my 40 years, I have seen a lot of self-professed Christians do some extremely unChrist-like things and behave in truly apauling ways all while claiming moral superiority. I have also seen some entirely non-religious people acting in the most Godly manner. It is my hope that most ULC ministers who are the preaching kind don't go overboard and push the proselytizing scene too much. For the Divine works in quiet ways, and the best example is the quiet one. IT might not be the most noticed, but it will tend to be the most respected.

Namaste

Brother Geordon

It has been interesting to read this topic from front to back. I see a number of "new kids" and some "old-timers" in the ULC, while I fall squarely in the middle. It's interesting to note that I have been ordained for more than half of my life at this point, and my original ordination certificate can legally drink now. :D

I took ordination back in September 1993, in an effort to obtain some legal legitmacy as a Wiccan priest at the time. Remember, this was before the Age of the Internet, so there was not much easily accessible information out there, and I wanted to have some legal protections for my coven and our interactions. Fortunately, there was never a need, but fortune favors the prepared mind.

In the past 18 months, I've buried two very good friends. In one instance, I had the honor to officiate over her burial. That was easily one of the most difficult things I've ever done, but it was also one of the most profound moments of my life, right up there with the birth of my daughter.

When I was ordained, there was not much in the way of ULC community, at least not out here in Northern Illinois, in the early 90s. Life happened, I got married and divorced, and remarried several years later, which I got right the second time around. I have always been a seeker, but not much of a "churcher" and definitely too liberal for many Christian institutions. But my seeking and learning eventually led me to meet the Buddha on the road, and I walk that path now. Though, it can be said that "erring and erring, I walk the unerring path" in that way.

Several years ago, I stumbled across the "other" ULC on the internet, thinking it was the same one as the one I had originally took ordination with. I poked around their (not terribly friendly) forum and did not like the feeling that I was left with. I thought that it was really a shame that the ULC that I knew of had taken that journey, but learned later that I was fortunately mistaken. The experience there left me soured on the ULC for a couple of years, in all ignornace.

When I was asked to preside over my friend's funeral, I swallowed my pride and went looking for the ULC again, and came across Rev Amy Long and her Seminary, and learned that there had been a splintering of the ULC name, which came as a great relief to me. I'm working my way through her Chaplaincy program right now, and am enjoying it well.

I don't know what, if anything, I want to or will do with my credentials. I know that I can hold a funeral, and I could probably do a wedding with no problem. I did a naming ceremony for my daughter years ago, so would be comfortable performing that again, as as well. As things go, I will complete the Seminary Chaplain program, as I know that's one thing I want to do: Be a chaplain, in fact, if not title. I've been a sort of spiritual counselor for many people over many years, so I thought it was time to put a little education behind it, if that makes sense.

As I said, it was interesting to read everybody else's ordination stories. I recognized some of myself in some of the stories being told. What I saw most, though was an interesting number of "preacher" folk, at least in the ones posting here. By that, I mean folk who took orders in order to spread "The Word of God." Good words and good deeds are never a bad thing, and they are admirable goals, in and of themselves. I just hope that my ULC brothers and sisters don't end up being "out all over" as the saying goes in my house.

In my 40 years, I have seen a lot of self-professed Christians do some extremely unChrist-like things and behave in truly apauling ways all while claiming moral superiority. I have also seen some entirely non-religious people acting in the most Godly manner. It is my hope that most ULC ministers who are the preaching kind don't go overboard and push the proselytizing scene too much. For the Divine works in quiet ways, and the best example is the quiet one. IT might not be the most noticed, but it will tend to be the most respected.

Namaste

Brother Geordon

While not ordained as long, I, too, was away for awhile only to return confused by the fractions. But, as before, found my brothers and sisters ever helpful and encouraging as before.

Welcome back, Brother.

Welcome back Brother Geordon,

Welcome back, Brother.

Thank you both! It's good to find a place to hang my hat. I'm up to my eyeballs in graduate school (MA in Emergency and Disaster Managmement), and maintaining a 4.0 so far, but I will definitely pop my head in every couple of days to see what's going on.

As a side question, does anyone happen to know how many ACTIVE forum members we have, generally? I know how forums work, and I know that there are often a lot of drive-by posters who only make a couple of posts and disappear.

As a side question, does anyone happen to know how many ACTIVE forum members we have, generally? I know how forums work, and I know that there are often a lot of drive-by posters who only make a couple of posts and disappear.

It all depends on, there are times where the forums has very little activity for a few weeks, then you have an influx of activity for a couple days, then it slows down again. Over all I would say we have a core group that is active of about 18 or so members (this includes the Admin Team and Mod Team).

Edited by Rev Douglas Trouten
  • 2 months later...

" All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence." - Doctrine and Covenants 93: 30

I grew up, and still am a LDS Mormon Christian. I am a minister in the Church in good standing. I just baptized my daughter last month. But I fear we have lost too much of our religion due to conservative influence. Brigham Young denied the faith when he excluded "blacks" from the priesthood. We are now fighting against religions freedom by saying other faiths shouldn't be allowed to preform same sex marriages. The more I study the Church Smith started and the Doctrines of our faith, the more in line the ULS seems to be with them. According to D&C 76, all will have the opportunity to accept or reject Christ at some point and obtain a place in the Kingdom of Heaven. Yet many in my faith seem to think must work hard to force others to follow one path. I am not giving up on my faith, but I feel God has a place for me in the ULC. So, here I am.

" All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence." - Doctrine and Covenants 93: 30

I grew up, and still am a LDS Mormon Christian. I am a minister in the Church in good standing. I just baptized my daughter last month. But I fear we have lost too much of our religion due to conservative influence. Brigham Young denied the faith when he excluded "blacks" from the priesthood. We are now fighting against religions freedom by saying other faiths shouldn't be allowed to preform same sex marriages. The more I study the Church Smith started and the Doctrines of our faith, the more in line the ULS seems to be with them. According to D&C 76, all will have the opportunity to accept or reject Christ at some point and obtain a place in the Kingdom of Heaven. Yet many in my faith seem to think must work hard to force others to follow one path. I am not giving up on my faith, but I feel God has a place for me in the ULC. So, here I am.

Welcome.

We all find our paths in faith in various ways. What is important is to find a way that is important, meaningful, and true for you.

All may be called to God, but not all answer. The reason? Everyone must believe for themselves, and find their way there.

I, too, think the ULC is great for this very reason. Only here have I found the closest to religious freedom as we may ever get in the world, I believe.

Plus, despite differences in theory, faith, or worldview, everyone is treated as a friend or family member. Even they can argue sometimes, but still respect and support each other.

Thanks for joining us and come often.

Welcome, again.

Welcome.

We all find our paths in faith in various ways. What is important is to find a way that is important, meaningful, and true for you.

All may be called to God, but not all answer. The reason? Everyone must believe for themselves, and find their way there.

I, too, think the ULC is great for this very reason. Only here have I found the closest to religious freedom as we may ever get in the world, I believe.

Plus, despite differences in theory, faith, or worldview, everyone is treated as a friend or family member. Even they can argue sometimes, but still respect and support each other.

Thanks for joining us and come often.

Welcome, again.

Thanks. "For many are called, but few are chosen." - Matthew 22: 14. This is repeated again a few times in the Doctrine and Covenants. "Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen? Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson— That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness." - Doctrine and Covenants 121: 34-36 Everyone must find their own way towards eternal progression.

Edited by Qwerty

Thanks. "For many are called, but few are chosen." - Matthew 22: 14. This is repeated again a few times in the Doctrine and Covenants. "Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen? Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson— That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness." - Doctrine and Covenants 121: 34-36 Everyone must find their own way towards eternal progression.

We are all chosen if you refer to John 15:16 "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

Each of us has answered and accepted our God(s) or Goddess(es) choosing of us. Some for right reasons, others for personal gain (though ultimately they find that what they initially seen as a way to skirt the system, such as not paying taxes, doesn't work like they wanted), or even for a laugh. The thing is I have seen those who have been ordained just for laughs turn around and take the ordination seriously, and vice versa.

As Keystrikr said the ULC is about Religious Freedom, we won't turn someone away just because their god wears a different form/name/gender/etc... Ultimately no matter our religious faith, ethnicity, skin color, etc... we are one big family here. Yeah we might not all see eye to eye on ever thing, but then again what family ever does, you will always have some disagreements, and luckily ours are, almost always, handled in a civil manner, ultimately with all agreeing to disagree and carry on.

While I haven't met any of our forum members personally (I have met a few ULC ministers that aren't members of the forum), I see them all as people I can talk to if I need someone to talk to, and I hope they feel the same. I would love to actually meet most of them, and if I had the time and money I would make trips to Modesto to the ULCHQ.

we look forward to seeing more posts from you QWERTY, and welcome to the forums (if I haven't previously welcomed you).

I wasn't trying to quote scripture there, but thank you anyway. My thoughts were more along the lines as Rev. Trouten answered afterward. Still, upon further meditation of these verses, they don't really prove me wrong, either.

We are all chosen if you refer to John 15:16 "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

Each of us has answered and accepted our God(s) or Goddess(es) choosing of us. Some for right reasons, others for personal gain (though ultimately they find that what they initially seen as a way to skirt the system, such as not paying taxes, doesn't work like they wanted), or even for a laugh. The thing is I have seen those who have been ordained just for laughs turn around and take the ordination seriously, and vice versa.

As Keystrikr said the ULC is about Religious Freedom, we won't turn someone away just because their god wears a different form/name/gender/etc... Ultimately no matter our religious faith, ethnicity, skin color, etc... we are one big family here. Yeah we might not all see eye to eye on ever thing, but then again what family ever does, you will always have some disagreements, and luckily ours are, almost always, handled in a civil manner, ultimately with all agreeing to disagree and carry on.

While I haven't met any of our forum members personally (I have met a few ULC ministers that aren't members of the forum), I see them all as people I can talk to if I need someone to talk to, and I hope they feel the same. I would love to actually meet most of them, and if I had the time and money I would make trips to Modesto to the ULCHQ.

we look forward to seeing more posts from you QWERTY, and welcome to the forums (if I haven't previously welcomed you).

Just as I said, though not as you did. :derisive:

• 8 months later...

Like some, mine started from a bit of directionlessness, and tragedy.

A few years ago, I was driving in the Washington mountains, just shy of 50 miles of the Canadian border. I was working on a ranch, in the lumber yard. I'd had a bad day, working on a Saturday [that could have been a prob, in and of itself, having recently been with 7th Day groups]. I was mad with the OT I'd to do, and wanted to get to the next small town, 69 miles to the southeast. Anger, while driving in the mountains, when years past, I'd never really been in the mountains, was a very bad thing.

I hit the gurad rail, smashed posts, and really screwed up my car...and to this day, I think it's rather bull that I was given a ticket, on top of wrecking my car. Others, who had their car wrecked, and not hurt anyone, have already agreed. But that's something for another topic...

It was during that time, that I had considered going into the Air Reserve/Guard, either to be a Chaplin Assitant, or a Chaplin. There were no openings for CA's, I had already used my GI Bill [30 and 33], and ROTC wouldn't do anything with Theology for becoming a Chaplin. I also felt it was--IDK, discrimintaory[?]--to require a chaplin to actually have a degree...as ULC shows, it isn't needed, and I feel that for those who have shown to be a good minister, that requirement should be waived, but that's not here or there.

So, having had struggles for a few years, last year, I had come across ULC, and got ordained. Having leanred that a church does not need to be 501c3 to be tax exmpt, or to receive donations, I have begun, in part, a journey to establish my own Ministry. The core c­an be summ­ed up in M­atthew 25,­ about the­ sheep and­ goats, “W­hat you do­ unto the ­least…you ­do unto Me­.” I pray ­that we wi­ll all be ­sheep, who­ can open ­their hear­ts, and he­lp those t­hat need!

I have always been one to help others: help people work through issues, to not commit suicide; help with finances, so people can keep their home; help for when friends did become homeless; general help at a library and a VA hosptial...it feels like something I should be doing, at least on a part-time basis.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am Apu Adman a Priest of Luntiang Aghama.

At first i am a child that was raised as Catholic but as i grow up i was able to explore multitude of Christian Faith. Though in Church we have been taught on what to believe in but personally my own beliefs was suppressed by what the Church do teach.

They said that people who do reject the Christian Teachings are anti-christ or those who do not practice religion by going to church are Pagan so i started becoming one.

I studied Paganism on my own behalf and find that most organized Pagan requires initiatory lineage. I believe to some of their doctrines and i am glad that in Pagan Religion there is what we call as Eclecticism.

I started my Ministry on December 2000 as a study group in metaphysics, alternative religion, mysticism and magick and there we have developed our own rituals in expressing our own faith.

I come to Universal Life Church for recognition of the faith that i have. I came to ULC with the same belief of doing what is right.

Right now, Luntiang Aghama is a government recognized religious corporation sole that celebrates our rituals in expression of our faith as well as in pursuing the religious freedom we have guaranteed by our Constitution.

• 3 months later...

I had been searching for a faith that was all accepting and that saw usefulness in people as individuals and on their experience of life and not just a theological degree. I believe being ordained will help me in doing good work and supporting others in my community and local area.

As I explained on my introduction posting, my beliefs are based on the teachings of Jesus Christ combined with the powers of the cosmos and nature, A sort of new age, Christian Druidism I suppose. Other religions would not accept such views, but within the ULC they are accepted and welcomed and all that is asked of me is to do that which is right.

• Amulet locked, featured and unpinned this topic