Why I Became Ordained By The Ulc

I had decided that after spending years in my religion and helping teach that is was time for the next step. Since I am Wiccan it was a little harder in 2001 to become ordained except through the ULC. Now that I have been ordained and leading my church my life has been on a wonderful ride that I wouldn't trade any day.

In Their Light,

Isaac

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure; i was raised mormon and it sure was nice when I was young. Now, I am nothing. God and/or the concept of God, is so far beyond definition and all the structure, I can no longer support the limitations. I guess, after all that schooling and university, and finding out that the biological foundations of man are not nurished by the good word, but rather have been demonized, then it is little wonder that the whole world generally is suffering from psychological wounds. It is said, "One cannot go against the Word of God."; I believe that we, our DNA sequences, are the words of God, and men, for the most part, far more so than women, have busied themseves with inventing a New Order of Nonsense, pretending that it is better than the Natural Order. Oh well, such is my dementia and my stupidity; but maybe God is after all a Scientist Walking in the Garden of Eden, and we are just too afraid to believe that our DNA is our name, our being, the spirit of God within, the Mitochondrial powerhouse energizing us for the eternal work of life-giving in a femine universe. I quote myself "When we finally truly see the truth of what we are, then when we speak it is not to convince others, but merely to affirm our faith in them, that no matter how long it takes they will find themselves. When we have found ourselves, we are not merely abiding our time here on earth, waiting to die so that we can go to heaven; nor are we gleeful about wars and rumors of wars and hope that Armageddon will come; nor do we pray for the rapture. NO. NO. NO. These are the games of the predators who speak with the eloquence of angles but who are the very monsters consuming the people. Those who find themselves, who see the truth, are busily engaged in building heaven here on earth. It is not a question of God, or no God, but of believing that we are here to bring to pass happiness and joy in this sphere and to live in the struggles and learn that to struggle is to live; all else is a serious miscalculation, a lie that takes away our dignity and our opportunity to live in the here and the now. (glg)"

I have not been pro church for many years, which is not to say I don't believe in God. I think Willie Nelson nailed it when he said “I don’t believe that Heaven waits for only those who congregate. Far too many churches, governments, and individuals feel that the can tell us what is right or wrong. Come judgment day it’s gonna be just me and the big guy standing there.

On august 8, 2006 I was on my was to work stop for coffee at my regular corner shop, pulled my Jeep Wrangler out of the drive thru and into traffic. As I approached the light, I started my turn on a green arrow. A ford fiesta ran the red light and hit me on the front passenger’s side flipping the jeep over. After impact, I lost consciousness just as I started to turn over. When I woke up I was hanging upside down, seatbelt jammed and wouldn’t release. The jeep had caught fire my hand was trapped between the roll bar and the road. As the smoke filled my lungs I thought I was gonna get that meeting with God a lot sooner that I planned. Drivers from other cars came to assist, lifting the jeep and freeing my hand, I carry a knife on me always. (It’s a old Boy Scout thing, ‘bout being prepared.) I managed to get my knife to one of the people who were trying to help me, he cut the seatbelt, letting drop from hanging to crawl free of the Jeep. Rescue teams arrived and everyone that had helped me was gone. They told me I was very shocky and I never got to thank those people.

After a good amount of time healing, I wanted to do something very positive with my life. My friend and I had talked about becoming a wedding minister for fun. After all I had gone through. I finally took the step. The reaction has been very mixed. Many folks think it’s a scam or a tax dodge. “I care not a pin what the world may think”

I still go for chiropractic appointment 2-3 times a week and I will be getting surgery on my hand some time in February. As this grows and I grow with it, I believe I will await my judgment day with a smile and a clear conscience.

If two people can find love in this messed up world, I’m gonna do my best to get them started right

Yours in service

Rev. Chuck

Snoopy_3.ico

Why, Called by the Holy Spirit, I was Ministering during Bike Week in NH at our Bikers Church tent and call hit me. (again) I had turned down that calling at the age of 14 when I first felt it, and walked away from the church at 17. I was Catholic. Head Alter Boy, and everyone expected me to go into priesthood. I surprised everyone and Joined the Army. Going to church services there I found that I did not belong to the Catholic Church, That I in fact did not belong to any church, That a Church is with-in each person. And that the only true Church is that that found thru Jesus, Therefore The Church of Jesus Christ. (NOT THE DENOM>>>).

Anyway the Biker Church was headed up by SBC denom. and promoted thru NHBA. As a member of one of thier churchs. I informed the pastor heading up the tent church and he said great. I would make a fine pastor for a SBC church. I went to my home church informed the Pastor, he was supportive of my calling and said he was expecting it. and He wanted me to go to a SBC Seminary. A vote was to take place concerning me getting a License To Preach from our church, During the time of the vote, a note was made concerning the last person that was Licensed to Preach that had been Preaching the wrong message. Well the church voted no, and do not want to License anyone. (license is precurser to Ordination). I am the Director of Missions for that Church, and the Prayer Coordinator. as well as serving on the Church Council. Before the Vote I had to give four sermons, and take over and teach the adult bible study class on Sundays for a month. as well as Work as the Director of Disaster Relief in NH NHBA.

I gave the sermons, and even a couple more at other churches, did the bible classes, ect. Was told by 3 Pastors in our church and 2 deacons they could find no fault in my teach and preaching of the Word of God.

I came to ULC to open doors. I now as a Ordained Minister am a Chaplian at a Nursing Home and give regular services there each Sunday in the Chapel, A Fire Dept. Chaplian and have been invited to many churches to preach God's Word. I have opened my own church in my home, and I have just completed my first funeral this week as a Minister.

God calls those whom he wants as ministers. God used the Holy Spirit to call me and therefore I responded. To those that are wondering as to are they called, Pray, and God will respond to you in a mighty way.

Serving God together,

Rev. Jack T. Ward Jr.

Living Water Baptist Church (Independent)

233 Pembroke St.

Pemboke NH 03275

(603) 512-4419

Living Water Baptist Church

Edited by JackW

because i could not go any further with the catholic church ,being a deacon and married with children... i knew i was being called to serve for non denominal faiths(and asked why can't i do this?) i'm currently posted on my home town web site as "justice of the peace" and hang a shingle out side of my door!! looking to help someone you is lonely and needs spiritual guidence!!! i'm a follower of the "lord god jesus!!

rev.Sean P Skillings

125 northeast pond rd

milton nh 03851

603-617-9321

Edited by johnpeter
I chose to listen to the calling of the Holy Spirit and become

an Ordained Minister. Sadly many attacked my Ordination and called it bogus and ridiculous.

Many said it was a sin and I am quite sure you have heard all the negatives. I am quite devastated at the response negative to my wanting to serve Humanity as a ULC MInister.

I am in Perth Western Australia and feel somewhat disorientated now and lost and confused, and not sure now what to do and how to begin a Ministry and how to set up a church and Minister to the people noone else wants, the disenfranchised and most needy vulnerable in the Perth area.

I dont have money to buy vestments, dont have money to buy chalices and all the other things one would assume comes with Ministry including somewhere to Minister . I have no church, no fellowship and no flock.

am just so lost now. I truly wanted to serve Jesus, and Humanity.

All Perth churches seem so bigoted and claim it takes years to be ready to minister and be ordained and want doctorates and bachelors degrees in theology and divinity which costs thousands per yr. mNoone seems to want to allow me to Minister in their church.

Reverend Gabrielle

Mine is one of the less noble to start, I did it because I could. Afterwards I became far more serious and involved in several aspects of the chruch.

Yours may have been less noble to start, but you have done a lot of good with it, and it has changed you for the better. When you made me one, we were able to council people together, and I believe that is something that works for everyone!!

• 1 month later...

I got ordained for several raison. One of it was I took two year of philosophy and a year in east-asian study at the University of Montreal and found that I can't explain some part of the univers with out the implication of a permanent state in the univers. Still I reject the judeo-christian explication of the univers I found in asian philosophy and more clearly in theravadian buddhism some minimal statement. One of them was do what you think right.

Second reason, my parent always say I act like a priest or a minister. Clasical clothing, way of speaking in public... Still I was atheist (radical form) in the past.

So it may be because I'm getting older and less sure of my position on thing.

I joined the ULC back in the early 80's because it seemed like something fun to do. I got a church charter from Modesto and a church bank account and all the tax implications that came with that (which of course we know now was not quite up to snuff according to the IRS). This all got set aside when I got married.

I have done marriages in both Wisconsin and Minnesota (I live on the border) and as far as I know have a 100% success ratio (all are still married!).

Joined this forum recently and am still letting people know I am a minister (a great conversation starter).

Hello from Minnesota!

Rev Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I was ordained today. Why? Well about 30 years ago I was going to a small church where I didn't appreciate the pastor very much. He said and did things that I didn't agree with. I worked a summer job in a hospital and thought I had the calling to the ministry. I never followed through with it even though I had been saved and baptisted and the Lord was a part of my life. I went in the military and after that found a career as a firefighter.

Through the years I became a very bitter man that was not happy and I was a loner. Recently, I was with my wife and her family at the bedside of her mother as she passed away. Watching this sweet lady pass told me that I need to change my life. From that day the Lord has been back in my life. I read the Bible daily and needed to continue with what I wanted to do as a young man. My whole life I have helped people. Now when I retire from the fire department I can still help people in their time of need, sorrow, and joy.

Rev. Bob

I was ordained today. Why? Well about 30 years ago I was going to a small church where I didn't appreciate the pastor very much. He said and did things that I didn't agree with. I worked a summer job in a hospital and thought I had the calling to the ministry. I never followed through with it even though I had been saved and baptisted and the Lord was a part of my life. I went in the military and after that found a career as a firefighter.

Through the years I became a very bitter man that was not happy and I was a loner. Recently, I was with my wife and her family at the bedside of her mother as she passed away. Watching this sweet lady pass told me that I need to change my life. From that day the Lord has been back in my life. I read the Bible daily and needed to continue with what I wanted to do as a young man. My whole life I have helped people. Now when I retire from the fire department I can still help people in their time of need, sorrow, and joy.

Rev. Bob

Glad to have you, it is good to have some on here that are sincere ,most are, if i can be of help let me kow, I study daily, don't have the answers or I wouldn't need to study.. GOD bless and good luck MIRACLES DO HAPPEN :thumbu:

Glad to have you, it is good to have some on here that are sincere ,most are, if i can be of help let me kow, I study daily, don't have the answers or I wouldn't need to study.. GOD bless and good luck MIRACLES DO HAPPEN :thumbu:

Thanks Rev. Jim,

Right now I am just trying to get stablized. Trying to find out what I need for the county clerk to get registered and if that is just good for the county or state.

Thanks

Rev. Bob

• 3 weeks later...
I have done marriages in both Wisconsin and Minnesota (I live on the border) and as far as I know have a 100% success ratio (all are still married!).

I am bummed today. I read in the paper that one of my marriages has ended in divorce. At least they lasted almost 7 years. So much for my perfect record!

I became ordained March 14, 2007 so that I can marry a friend of mine in 2 weeks. Its pretty much the only reason why I became ordained, but I'm preparing myself to do this correctly for him, so I've been reading into what I must do and I'm just praying all goes well.

A friend of mine had been ordained through the Monastery since about a year and a half ago. A half-year after my fallout with the Mormon church, I started thinking about getting ordained, and we started talking about it again. I found out about the situation between the Monastery and the ULC, and he got re-ordained through ULC.net.

I hesitated, but I decided to go ahead and get ordained, too. Reading this forum helped me to decide.

My ordination has come to mean to me that I am free to follow my own path, and don't need anyone to tell me what to believe. I'm a minister, too, afterall.

• 4 weeks later...

I became ordained so that I could share all of the studies I have done on many religions. I have over 100 employees and many people come to me for the isuues in their lives and I have found that I do have a gift in calming people with spoken words as well as assisting them in overall inner growth. I also feel like I will learn from the other members questions and answers here. I really felt drawn to become ordained.

I finally found my ordination date. August 1998. Almost 9 years ago. Wow.

So why? At the time it was the "cheesiest way possible." I'm pagan, though my beliefs don't fit into any small, tiny box. I don't think anyones really do. I like the ULC ordination because it helps me to feel empowered, even though paper or not, it's your words and beliefs that sell your credibility, not the piece of paper. I'd like to be able to perform legal weddings here in Ontario, Canada but for the time being, it'll all be good.

"No day but today" - Rent

At first it was a dare for a couple of friends. They were thinking of getting married and they knew that I was a part-time theologist. (I've found that the best way to know some one is to learn about their religion) I told them that I heard about a place that would ordain people over the internet and they said they would only do the wedding if some one like me were the minister. So, I got online and found the ULC and became ordained. The next time I saw them, I showed them my credentials and they almost freaked. Shortly after that we had planned the wedding. I had just donated my hair to locks-of-love so I was completely bald. I took out my piercings and did the wedding. Since then I've done several weddings and 1 eulogy. I got a doctrate on Philosophy of Religion and I'm working on my Master of Shamanism. I'm not sure what I'll go for next.

• Amulet locked, featured and unpinned this topic