Why I Became Ordained By The Ulc

Welcome to our family. I feel a kindred connection with you in that I left a parish (or should I say a parish left me?) over my views of Paul.

Thank you for your welcome. I find it sad that so many people who profess a desire to follow the teachings of Yeshua ben Joseph of Nazareth, end up fighting over the teachings of Saul of Tarsus. :(

Perhaps we could continue this discussion in a more appropriate forum? Any suggestions?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was intrigued reading all the stories and confessions here. This really is sounding like home to me. *God* help all of you now! :devil:

Believe it or not...... my day starts at 630 am, Take my boyfriend to work and the little one to school then I come back home and take my catchupfromsleeplessnight nap, This morning during that nap I had a vision of me performing my cousin's wedding ceremony, I used to play an online MMORPG and was a guide in that game and as a guide I would perform various wedding ceremonies.

I had the dream and it was so vivid and it even went further then the wedding ceremony, it went into the hospital here where my other cousin is recovering from a massive brain injury and I have been going to the hospital every other day to visit with him. He doesn't know who I am or anything but knows I am there and will play ball with me and talk with me and count... My god did you all know when you get a brain injury sometimes all you do is count? Anyways... back to my story.. In this dream I was helping small children and other people suffering from various elements... The dream seem to last months, I woke up physically exhausted and yet revived.... I did a google search on Ordain and landed here....

I know I am fresh meat to the lambs but this dream really kicked my midlife crisis into high gear.

I am in between jobs right now and while I was posting my resume to various places it dawned on me to get information and for whatever reason I did and here I am..... where I am going..... No clue. I am sure it will be an enlightening road of many events though!!

• 2 weeks later...

Became ordained by ULC- difficult situations made it where, I wanted to make slawburgers all the time and listen to lynard skynard songs so, I decided to change.

Hey, it wasnt gettin me anywhere. So, I just hopped a bus griped a while did not work. desided for buddist, christian, more god is love.

Peace to everyone. Just wanted to be able to talk with my friends and share with others. Everyone is very much to serious.

p.s. still like lynard. just added more music. :bag::inno::smart:

Pastor Kim.

Guest Pastor Brian
Became ordained by ULC- difficult situations made it where, I wanted to make slawburgers all the time and listen to lynard skynard songs so, I decided to change.

Hey, it wasnt gettin me anywhere. So, I just hopped a bus griped a while did not work. desided for buddist, christian, more god is love.

Peace to everyone. Just wanted to be able to talk with my friends and share with others. Everyone is very much to serious.

p.s. still like lynard. just added more music. :bag::inno::smart:

Pastor Kim.

Actually, its LYNYRD SKYNYRD - pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd.

Turn it up!

Anyone got an extra guitar pick?

I am currently looking for work in both the Christian world and the

secular world. I am hopeing and praying that God will lead me to

where He wants me to be.

I have felt a calling to minister since I was a child but for some

reason things always were in the way or seemed more important at the

time. I was raised in the United Methodist church and was away from

church until a few years ago when I met my wife and started going to

church with her. She was attending a non-denominational church and

that is where I learned the most about God and His Word . I once

again started feeling the Calling again and I started looking into

man's procedure for ordination. I believe that God is the only One

that can Truly ordain but man's laws need to be respected as long as

they are not in conflict with God's laws.

I am currently taking a Christian Seminary course thru ULC and I am

looking into other courses as well. I want to learn all that God has

to offer and receive it.

Well I can say this. I became ordained through ULC because:

1. It is a lot easier getting credentials from ULC and you do not have to build a church immediately.

2. I do most of my preaching in Nightclubs. Flogger in one hand Bible in the other preaching The Word of God in BDSM Nightclubs. How I got the nickname the Evil Wicked Cardinal of Evil. :devil:

3. I have vast knowledge of The Bible and know where most of the relics are which are described in the Bible.

4. I love a good debate on religion. I never lost a debate yet. For it is the individual on how they interpret The Bible.

5. I go to religious seminars where my vast knowledge improves religion. And, I talk on my own experiences.

6. ULC is the best place to start as an ordained minister. But, when you preach never implement ULC in any way shape or form. I never tell anyone about my credentials with ULC. I let my knowledge of The Bible do the talking.

7. People ask me where I became a Minister. I say four words. "It was my calling." Why say where you became a Minister. You build a church and call it ULC for instance it is not connected with ULC HQ. It is your church and do not break the law or implement ULC HQ in any way shape or form.

8. All ULC HQ is vouch that we are ordained ministers. Other than that you are on your own. So be smart and use The Bible. It is a powerful weapon.

9. Do not think you can evade IRS just because your a Minister. Because Churches and Ministers do get taxed. But, I do this volunteer and I accept no donations. It is Volunteer Work for me.

10. The best reason why I became an ordained minister. Why my name is The Evil Wicked Cardinal of Evil. The Clergy Shirt gets me a new girlfriend in my bed every week. God Bless Us Ministers.

So; one thing always preach The Word of God, that is why we became ministers. And, teach others our religion.

Edited by Evil Wicked Cardinal of Evil
  • Administrator

10. The best reason why I became an ordained minister. Why my name is The Evil Wicked Cardinal of Evil. The Clergy Shirt gets me a new girlfriend in my bed every week. God Bless Us Ministers.

And I can say this...with that statement any shred of respect that I was beginning to have for you just went out the door.

But I'm sure that doesn't matter.....

And I can say this...with that statement any shred of respect that I was beginning to have for you just went out the door.

But I'm sure that doesn't matter.....

That's ok, Brother Taylor. He still has to account to Jesus for this. We must forgive, God has the right to choose.

And I concur with you- he earned my respect alrighty- and then it went right down the crapper. <flush>

• 2 weeks later...

I felt a "calling" to become ordained in order to serve as a tool to fight the evil that exists in our world.

My church also exists to serve as a ray of hope for those who need to courage, hope, and support needed to fight money-mongers and corporate greed. Standing up for the right thing is the ONLY choice given to us.

Please drop by my new ministry at:

The Church of Our Lady for the Redemption and Salvation of Perpetual Liars

As of a few hours ago, "Our Lady" has also established a 24/7 Prayer Chapel (God Doesn't Sleep, So Why Should We) and an online confessional.

I've always been philosophically inclined.

My guru said "nothing is more important than the search for truth. wherever you see that object of your search--RUN THERE! -putting aside all ecclesiastical consideration."

I find the ULC comes closest to this ideal. Plus quite a few of my friends are ministers. I feel it is a good way to do some service for open-minded folks. thanks-joe

• 1 month later...

I became ordained because there was something inside of me that said I should help other people realize their spiritualism without the confines of being associated with an organized religion.

Tolerance for all beliefs is the key to true peace and spiritualism may come in many forms. Doing that which is right is an excellent motto to live by for anyone and I do my best to spread this message. Whether you believe in God or gods or an order in the universe or whatever it might be that helps you to center yourself in life.

All should have an open mind and respect that others might not feel the same way as you do, but that there is nothing wrong with what is spiritually important to you and how you feel about it and express it. Live and let live.

I became ordained last year because my friend wanted me to marry her and her fiance. I have been

mother to so many kids in my life, dozens of them. I watched them grow up, counseled them, cried with them and am still very involved in many of their lives. I am a natural born counselor, one of those people who can't sit in an airport without someone spilling their life stories to and it has even become a joke amoungst my family. I find that now that my "kids" are growing up and getting married they are asking me to be a part of their weddings. I started this as a bit of a joke but have realized that God does work in mysterious ways, I never expected to be so moved by being asked to perform such an important ceremony in someones lives. What an honor it is to have someone say, "I want you to marry us, it would mean so much". After performing my first wedding for a couple that I have known since they were children I was hooked. I am now preparing for another wedding and the word has gotten out. The response is unbelievable. What a wonderful thing. Thank you ULC!

Many may scoff at our ordination "ON LINE" and say that we are not true ministers, but I believe that the ministry is a calling, not a job, and going to school for years to learn the accptable dogma does not make you a good minister. I am a minister because I feel it, and no one can dispute that.

I was ordained on March 19, 2006, and I asked myself why the next day; but I already knew what it meant to me in my heart and the 'why' of the situation is not nearly as important as 'what am I going to do now.'

I have always been spiritual and had a close relationship with God, though I admit that in recent years I have not prayed as deeply as I had in the past. I am only 22, so, not a big amount of time here.

I am Christian, and I have not read the Bible- only parts. I have recently started calling my faith 'Heart Faith,' because when I pray I pray from the heart, usually without any words or with very few words to help me keep focus and understand what I am expressing. Sometimes I cry while I pray. What I know about God and my faith, my correct path, I learned in prayer and meditation over most of my life. I have recently discovered that if I want to actually share this with others, especially other Christians, I need more 'Book Faith' or 'Word Faith' so I can refer to scripture and my words won't just stand alone and be discounted. Not everyone is like that, I know.

One of my closest friends (and current roommate at school) was recently baptised and joined a local church group. Though she had always read the Bible, she discovered from association with this group that she was not really living a Christian life and therefore not Christian. I was surprised when she told me a few days ahead of time of her baptism, but was glad for her and her joy. I won't go into detail here because this is only an important precursor to my ordination, but she suddenly became the most fundamentally judgemental and closed minded person I have ever met- and basically did her best to push away all her old friends. We're tenacious, but it's getting harder to hold onto her friendship. She teeters, has moments when she realises what she has done to us and apologises, but keeps doing it and means it. Oh boy, she was MAD when I told her about the ordination. I can relate to Rev. Gabrielle being called a sinner- that was a rough 'conversation' and part of me wishes I hadn't done it alone. She eventually decided to let us be, that God had told her all along to let Him work through us as He was working with her.

My sisters, Mother, and other friends all took it well. My Mother's support gladens my heart and means a great deal to me. She is thinking of taking some of the courses with me, especially the one to become a ministerial counselor, the "S.O.U.L. Clinic" course I think it is. Anyway . . . back to the friend thing . . .

That is what led to four of us sitting around on a Sunday, talking. First about our concern for her and her sudden change in her expression of faith, then onto what is faith? Especially what is a good faith and good faith expression? What is ministry, and how does a faith expression interplay with ministry? One of the guys (2 guys, 2 of us girls), mentioned that he was a minister in the ULC, he did it 'cause it was funny. We kept talking. We discussed faith all day. Eventually, we checked out the ULC monestary site. 'respect the freedom of others to choose and always do what is right' fit rather well with our topic of the day. I felt a familiar nervous feeling that I had, sorta, kinda, been ignoring and hoping wouldn't come on me for a while more. It means I have a choice, and it is an important one that cannot be delayed. We took a break and each prayed according to our various beliefs. We gathered our 'symbols' from each of our faiths, and became ordained together. (i dont know if they mind me putting their names or not, so for not i will not) The guy who was previously ordained, 'officiated' by reading the pages and giving us each a chance to back out,- he also rededicated, seeing that it was a serious deal. We then joined hands in a circle and prayed for guidance together. You know that feeling, that 'you have been heard' and the feeling of presence and power of the divine one sometimes gets in prayer? We had that. It was humbling.

The next day we were a little surprised at ourselves. We knew it was a serious commitment to prepare ourselves and find our individual callings. None of us tried to deny that, it was just a bit unexpected and a little overwhelming. We now meet on Sundays to discuss what to do now. So far we are working on an opening prayer structure and have made a list of topics to discuss. We have a few core things we agree on about faith. We are dedicated to finding our shared ground, and knowing and understanding our differences- and above all to support each other in preparing and answering our callings- whenever they may come and to whatever they may be.

I am Christian, with Cherokee spiritualism influence. The other girl is also Christian with Celtic influencs. The guys are a, um, well hard to name. One believes in the 'universal power' and is fond of the Hindi diety Ganesh. The other follows a polytheistic earth based religion- says it is similar to but not Wicca.

I am open to discuss my beliefs and, if there is an interest, what the group is up to and what our plans are.

A note on my Mom- I love her. She is amazing. She's finally going to teach me more about the parts of our Cherokee heritage she learned from her grandfather before he passed on. I have a feeling I will be called to use it. She was surprised about my ordination, but once I explained to her what it fully meant to me in my heart, she supports me and is excited for me. I am a bit nervous. Past success with questions weirded me out a little, but I am older now and more mature, and am willing to give it another go.

Tah,

Little Crying Hawk (-name my Mom gave me when i told her of my ordination and all my recent doings, except i added the 'little' 'cause i am new here)

just a short note.while you and the one friend are ordained thru here,the other 2 are not,nor anywhere else,according to your post.not sure of the state laws where you live,but if your other 2 friends wish to pratice as a minister,you may want to check if the ceremony you guys had counts as an ordanation ceremony.it probably does,so you can form a church(according to your state laws).then all of you would be ordained thru said church.

i may be jumping the gun here,and if i am sorry,but it sounds like a good start.while one doesn't have to be an ordained minister to have a ministry,it does give credibility if you are(so i learned).

just a short note.while you and the one friend are ordained thru here,the other 2 are not,nor anywhere else,according to your post.not sure of the state laws where you live,but if your other 2 friends wish to pratice as a minister,you may want to check if the ceremony you guys had counts as an ordanation ceremony.it probably does,so you can form a church(according to your state laws).then all of you would be ordained thru said church.

i may be jumping the gun here,and if i am sorry,but it sounds like a good start.while one doesn't have to be an ordained minister to have a ministry,it does give credibility if you are(so i learned).

I am . . . confused. I was under the impression that by submitting the information and it being logged in the ULC church's records that we were all legally ordained. If not, then none of us are ordained as we all did the same thing. How can half of us be ordained and half not? That is what I don't understand.

Hmm, perhaps I did not make it clear that we each submitted our info individually, not as a group. My post is a bit long and my writing is not always clear. Sorry 'bout that.

Thank you for voicing your concern.

Tah,

LittleCryingHawk

All my life I've been a very spiritual person, and also somewhat of a psychic. Of course that is not acceptable in any monothesic religions that I've come across. And I found the contradictions of the bible, an angry vengeful god in the old testement, versus a gentle loving god in the new testement, something I could not put my faith in.

As I grew older and studied more I learned that, through my own ancestry, there were a class of Priests long before christianity came to northern europe. That was when i learned about Druidry. I joined an organization based in England called OBOD, or the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids. I took their correspondance course and was completely amazed at how this ancient spirituality, the worship of nature and the duality of the universe, felt so right in my heart and mind. Because I live in the US, belonging to this organization doesn't give me any rights as a priest or minister. When I found your organization I had found what I was looking for, a way to be legally ordained under my own belief system.

I now have a small ministry where I teach the ways of my ancient ancestors. I have also learned, by tracing of the family tree, that it is very likely I am decendent of real Druids. My maiden name, Cady, means House of God in Gaelic.

I have also taken some of the ULC courses, which have contributed to my understanding of all spirituality. I am very grateful that I found ULC.

hi i read your post and i have been searching for many years for just the right thing and i think that i would like to check into that course on druids that you mentioned is there any way that you could send me a website address for it the obod?thank yo uvery much johney woodrum my e-mail is johnwoodrumjr-at-yahoo.com thanks

The Reason Why I Became A Ordained Minister Of ULC Was Because I Know That It Is God's Will For Me To Be Ordained As A Minister. I Am Also A Praise And Worship Warrior Who Worships God With All Of My Heart, Soul, Body , And Spirit. And All Things God Has Created For All Of Us To Enjoy. Yes There Are Bad Things That Happen In The World, But What God Has Instore For All Of Us In The End Will Outweigh All Of What We are Going Through Now

Thank-You

:inno: There were many places I visisted before I decided this was the ordination for me. I love the attitude of all and the discussions of different religions and interpertations. I was raised as a Church of Christ southern style. One way to heaven and one way to Hell, I just couldn't accept the fact that God is that narrow minded, after all forgiveness is what the Lord says and I believe we all use it every day. I am presently doing what I can to spread Good and christian beliefs, but that doesn' mean that all else who don't agree are going to hell or not enjoy life .. Bless all :mellow:
  • Amulet locked, featured and unpinned this topic