Charlie And The Choclate Factory

MagnestyJoe

I saw this yesterday, and all I can say is, it may be the best movie of the summer! But be warned, this ain't your grandfather's Willy Wonka.

Johnny Depp plays Willy as a childlike, highly messed up recluse-path. The movie fills in some background material on Willy and expands on some of the other parts. The music is pretty much the domain of the Oompa-Loopas.

But wow!, is it ever a visual and turn twisting story that will touch your heart and make you head for the candy counter afterwards.

hugs,

joe

Be very careful of the sugar free variety.  Some of them have an, ahem, laxative effect.

Baskin Robbins has a very good sugar free mint chocolate chip hard candy.

Thanks Mommy, most of them actually have that effect. I read all the packages on the sugar free stuff. I have the Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip hard candies right next to me actually. I love those. Sugar free jolly ranchers are good as well and now they have sugar free milanos which makes me mondo happy.

You mean they actually have milano cookies that are sugar free?  Let me at 'em!  Chocolate!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yip BUT I have only found them at Pepridge farm outlets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Target carries them now...

I'm hoping to see the movie this weekend, but it might wreck my Johnny Depp fantasies. Come to think of it though, it never wrecked my Gene Wilder fantasies.

Oh, and about the Milanos; I found them at Pathmark-don't know if you have them out on LI. Be forewarned though, 3 cookies have 170 calories.

I'm hoping to see the movie this weekend, but it might wreck my Johnny Depp fantasies.  Come to think of it though, it never wrecked my Gene Wilder fantasies.

Oh, and about the Milanos; I found them at Pathmark-don't know if you have them out on LI.  Be forewarned though, 3 cookies have 170 calories.

Thanks Rev Mommy and yip...got Pathmarks out here...worked there a few years ago.