Pink Floyd Reuniting

Verisoph

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright will be on stage with bassist Roger Waters for their first public performance since they played at London's Earls Court in 1981.

Story Here

I bet tickets won't be cheap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Way Cool. That will make it worth while to get the DVD from that fundraising event. Too bad it will likely be a one-time reunion, unlike the numerous times Hell has Frozen Over for the Eagles!! :thumbu:

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright will be on stage with bassist Roger Waters for their first public performance since they played at London's Earls Court in 1981.

Story Here

I bet tickets won't be cheap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Way Cool. That will make it worth while to get the DVD from that fundraising event. Too bad it will likely be a one-time reunion, unlike the numerous times Hell has Frozen Over for the Eagles!! :thumbu:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You may be right about this being a one-time deal, the "bad blood" between Roger Waters and the rest of the band is a lot more serious than that exhibited by members of The Eagles. Not only did Waters attempt to sue over the use of the name "Pink Floyd," but at the end of the VHS and DVD versions of Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder release, this juicy tidbit appeared:

opc.jpg

And yet, Gilmour now says, "Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context..."

The context is, of course, relief of world poverty, and he's right. But let's face it, this concert will do little, if anything, to eliminate world poverty. I'm sure they realize this, too. Besides, there have been plenty of other worthy causes in the last 20 years.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I see this as a sign that they're mellowing with age, and a Pink Floyd reunion tour might be a possibility... :thumbu:

And if not, then at least, as you've said, a DVD worth owning. ;)

Actually from what I have read tickets for all live 8 events are supposed to be free and given out through a raffle system.

London Live 8 tickets available via text messenger contest....

oh and live 8 will be broadcast on the net and also on tv.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, that's cool...on both counts!

Knowing these things, I think I may have been a little harsh in my earlier statements. Perhaps they can actually do something to raise awareness of the plight of poverty stricken regions of the world.

I was happy to be at Roger Waters' concert here in Prague and it almost shoot me right through the ceiling - the pure energy of the no-nonsense music was enough. Everything else was pretty much spartan - I mean, no laser-show, no fireworks... For my money, I've got what I wanted: the man with his band, producing a solid piece of music big enough to choke an elephant.

Personally, it was way better than any show by PF. I don't need to see the fireworks-lighted sky to taste the wonder of their music.