Recommended: Philosophical/other

The Currently Reading topic is getting pretty long and I thought it would be a bit difficult for people to try and sift through all the reviews of books and such, so I wanted to start this series of topics intending to provide an outlet to not just say what you were currently reading, but to allow you to recommend books that you've read in the past.

Druids: Celtic Priests of Nature

Possibly the best book on actual druidism I've ever read. It stays away from all the new age modern drudism and uses archeology, anthropology and other sciences to deduct who and what the drudis truly were. A must read for anyone interested in Druids.

Two of three Thumbs Up!

:thumbu::thumbu:

Why only two...? Because the book is translated from French and is sometimes difficult to understand what the author is trying to tell us.

Out of curiosity, is there somewhere that I can find a copy of the book in french then? Maybe it would be easier to understand.

PS Is the first rview on the amazon.com page by you?

Edited by Aina

Out of curiosity, is there somewhere that I can find a copy of the book in french then? Maybe it would be easier to understand.

PS Is the first rview on the amazon.com page by you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I think it's the second review (bottum-->up), by me: Jonun1. :thumbu:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently trying to get through "Sermon on the Mount" by Emmet Fox. Has anyone else read this book?

It seems to be more about the universal truths that Jesus the man taught as opposed to "Jesus the Son of God" speaking for The Father.

An interesting read so far.

• 3 months later...
I am currently reading 'The Saints Guide to Happiness' by Robert Ellsberg. A fascinating book that has taught me a great deal. I was especially moved by the story of Cardinal Joseph Bernardin of Chicago and his ordeal with cancer.

I have by Robert Ellsberg "ALL SAINTS: Daily Reflections On Saints, Prophets, And Witnesses For Our Times" (1999). A good book that expands on what saintliness can or should be. I have enjoyed every page of it.

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

• 2 months later...
I'm currently trying to get through "Sermon on the Mount" by Emmet Fox. Has anyone else read this book?

It seems to be more about the universal truths that Jesus the man taught as opposed to "Jesus the Son of God" speaking for The Father.

An interesting read so far.

You might also like reading "Uriels Machine" a big book similar to what your reading about now but speaks about other things as well.

Of the hundreds of "spiritual" etc books that I have read over the years, the one to most change my life is The Urban Shaman By Serge Kahili King. It's a book that beautifully explains the simplicity of Huna and practical application for current times.

• 9 months later...

Now please remain open minded

I had the same initial response that many people gave me....and I hope none of you will have, thta is closed mindedness the title of a book that has helped me find my reality in lfe is 'Conversations with God book 1' by Neale Donald Walsch . just give it a glance :inno:

I had the same initial response that many people gave me....and I hope none of you will have, thta is closed mindedness the title of a book that has helped me find my reality in lfe is 'Conversations with God book 1' by Neale Donald Walsch . just give it a glance :inno:

Now to read another book, you have to remain just as open minded. "Hey Is That You God ?" by Pasqual S. Schievella (get it used at Amazon.com). It is another guy having a conversation with a god. This book will help you deal with reality, just keep an open mind. :coffee:

Now to read another book, you have to remain just as open minded. "Hey Is That You God ?" by Pasqual S. Schievella (get it used at Amazon.com). It is another guy having a conversation with a god. This book will help you deal with reality, just keep an open mind. :coffee:

Looking forward to the outcome of THIS discussion!!! :P

Edited by OHCowgirl

One just has to keep an open mind. :devil:

Oh Absolutely Dave!!! I totally agree!!! :rolleyes:

Oh Absolutely Dave!!! I totally agree!!! :rolleyes:
Then read the book. It's not too long and you'll be laughing through the whole book. It's the funniest philosophy book I've ever read.

For the longest time I considered myself a "confused christian" because I believe in the basic tenets of the belief system, but I was unable to find justification or validation for many of my beliefs that are far from "orthodox." Then I read "The Pagan Christ" by Tom Harpur, and I felt almost complete. I know, I shouldn't NEED to have anyone justify what I feel or believe, but hey, we're all a little insecure at times. This book is, in my mind, a brilliant work for the serious thinker, and gives references and a list of suggested readings. I recommend it to anyone who loves the teachings of Christ, but is tired of too much dogma.

Peace.

Rev. Mat Storring

• Amulet locked and unpinned this topic