Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think 3PO have programming enough for deception

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he does a weak deception in episode IV. While Han, Luke and Leia are in the trash, they are calling the droids in the security room. But the Stormtroopers are coming in. When the stormtroopers get in, seethreepio says something about "they're mad men.. etc.." dont' remember exactly.. been a few years for that movie..

i dont think 3PO have programming enough for deception

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he does a weak deception in episode IV. While Han, Luke and Leia are in the trash, they are calling the droids in the security room. But the Stormtroopers are coming in. When the stormtroopers get in, seethreepio says something about "they're mad men.. etc.." dont' remember exactly.. been a few years for that movie..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But he did send them to the detention level, where Han and Luke are...

And in Episode VI he is very hesitant to pretend to be a deity, even at the insistence of his master. Also in VI, luke doesn't even let 3P0 in on the plan to save Han, of which he is an unwitting part. I think this is out of fear that 3P0 will screw it up if he knew. R2, however, is trusted to keep secrets in this same situation.

I read the book and they do show Luke and Leia being split up there. As for 3PO and R2 not remembering, there was no explanation in the book. I honestly think they DO remember. Remeber in A New Hope R2 seemed to know exactly what he was doing. He was going to see Obi Wan. 3PO was flakier as always but nobody ever asked them about the events of the clone war.

I don't think so. 3P0 specificly stated in response to his owner's query (Luke) that he had never heard of Obi-Wan Kenobi. R2 was lying because he was under orders and needed that restraining bolt thingamajig removed to reach Obi-Wan, but 3P0 recieved no such orders. I don't think 3P0 is capable of lying under those circumstances.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True but he never admits to things unless he's sure of them. He claimed not to know if he'd been in a battle when laser bolts were flying all around him and he claimed he wasn't much of a storyteller until he started telling stories to the Ewoks complete with sound effects. There must be more than one Obi Wan Kenobi in the galaxy.

Also, they better explain why R2D2 and C3P0 doesn't have any memory in "A New Hope."

C3P0 has obviously had his memory of the events of Episodes 1-3 erased, but there is no reason to believe R2D2 has. He is a mechanic, he responds to queries and notifies his owners of danger, but he doesn't make conversation. I think he knows everything.

So, is anyone else geeking over this or what?

Yes, obviously.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think a lot of people had their memories erased, look at how badly the technology degraded from episode one to episode four. I know, it's because the filmmakers had better stuff, but if I had been in charge, the technology would have looked less advanced in the earlier movies, or at least about the same, not better.

Also, they better explain why R2D2 and C3P0 doesn't have any memory in "A New Hope."

C3P0 has obviously had his memory of the events of Episodes 1-3 erased, but there is no reason to believe R2D2 has. He is a mechanic, he responds to queries and notifies his owners of danger, but he doesn't make conversation. I think he knows everything.

So, is anyone else geeking over this or what?

Yes, obviously.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think a lot of people had their memories erased, look at how badly the technology degraded from episode one to episode four. I know, it's because the filmmakers had better stuff, but if I had been in charge, the technology would have looked less advanced in the earlier movies, or at least about the same, not better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The degradation of technology could be explained by the totalitarians Emperors lack of concern for anyone for himself.

That's my thought although I could be full of Sith.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Wow, I never knew how many dedicated "trekkies" we had here! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw the first three in the theaters on their first runs, and I have never missed a chance to watch them again. I don't like the new editions or the three new movies, but....I am there for the ORIGINAL Star Wars.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh, no, trekkies are dorks...

:D

is there a name for the star wars obsessed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: That was an attempt (apparently a poor one) at humor on my part. Like, ha-ha, I'm a ditz and I think Star Wars and Start Trek are the same thing.

I told my husband about it, and he didn't think it was very funny either, even after the explanation with my adorable giggle and facial expressions. :giggle:

He said "Say something about scruffy nerfherders, that'll get 'em going!"

So ummm....You're all a bunch of scruffy nerfherders? :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: That was an attempt (apparently a poor one) at humor on my part. Like, ha-ha, I'm a ditz and I think Star Wars and Start Trek are the same thing.

I told my husband about it, and he didn't think it was very funny either, even after the explanation with my adorable giggle and facial expressions. :giggle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had to do some looking. Din't know what a nerf herder was, though some thing rang a bell. I admit to having been a trekkie once. And, once, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I went to a star wars movie in costume..

Went to RHPS in costume once too. I did a lot of improve theater in those days. And looked ok in a corset..

those days are gone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who you callin scruffy?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the word you are looking for is cultists...