Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

I'm geeking over this film like no other!

I'm really looking forward to it but I have a feeling it will either be the best episode of the series, or it will suck hardcore!

They MUST show some sort of Luke & Leia seperated from their mother and their mother get killed, as discussed in Star Wars by Obi Won. That is the main part I am expecting and hoping on, if Lucas doesn't tie this knott, I will be totally disapointed!

Also, they better explain why R2D2 and C3P0 doesn't have any memory in "A New Hope."

As long as they tie those together and avoid making this a family film, I will love the movie!

So, is anyone else geeking over this or what?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, they better explain why R2D2 and C3P0 doesn't have any memory in "A New Hope."

C3P0 has obviously had his memory of the events of Episodes 1-3 erased, but there is no reason to believe R2D2 has. He is a mechanic, he responds to queries and notifies his owners of danger, but he doesn't make conversation. I think he knows everything.

Yes, obviously.

C3P0 has obviously had his memory of the events of Episodes 1-3 erased, but there is no reason to believe R2D2 has. He is a mechanic, he responds to queries and notifies his owners of danger, but he doesn't make conversation. I think he knows everything.

Yes, obviously.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always wondered myself if R2 did remember everything.

I recall watching a documentary, maybe a "special feature" on one of the DVDs, where Lucas mentioned that this story is told from the perspective of the robots, C-3P0 and R2-D2.

Here is something that bugs me. When and by whom was it decided where to place the hyphens in the droids names? In all the scripts their names are spelled seethreepio and artoodeetoo. Place the hyphen anywhere or not there at all and the name still reads the same.

When I was a kid and saw episode IV I knew R2 had knowledge that he wasn't sharing. C3P0 probably just doesn't want to remember anything that happened to him. He's pretty high strung that way.

I'll be there on midnight Thursday :nerd: I look forward to seeing all the awesome people there. I'd love to dress up, simple Jedi Robe and a lightsaber, but I'm a wimp. I'll just wear my Revenge of the Sith t-shirt and sit quietly.

SPOILERS

I read the book and they do show Luke and Leia being split up there. As for 3PO and R2 not remembering, there was no explanation in the book. I honestly think they DO remember. Remeber in A New Hope R2 seemed to know exactly what he was doing. He was going to see Obi Wan. 3PO was flakier as always but nobody ever asked them about the events of the clone war.

They don't recognize Luke because they haven't seen him since he was a baby and to their knowledge Leia is Bail Organa's daughter.

I read the book and they do show Luke and Leia being split up there. As for 3PO and R2 not remembering, there was no explanation in the book. I honestly think they DO remember. Remeber in A New Hope R2 seemed to know exactly what he was doing. He was going to see Obi Wan. 3PO was flakier as always but nobody ever asked them about the events of the clone war.

I don't think so. 3P0 specificly stated in response to his owner's query (Luke) that he had never heard of Obi-Wan Kenobi. R2 was lying because he was under orders and needed that restraining bolt thingamajig removed to reach Obi-Wan, but 3P0 recieved no such orders. I don't think 3P0 is capable of lying under those circumstances.