Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Youch

Guest WallaceLeeBrazeltonJr
:nerd::) I`ve GOT TO SEE THIS.Back in the day me buddies and me would make a big deal of watching Brit comedies, Monty Python, Benny Hill, Hitchhikers Guide, Fawlty Towers etc.I miss those days :nerd: Then we had to grow up and ruin it all by getting older. :angry: thanks for the reviews,I may now take a 10 yr old girl to see it , if I can talk her mother into going. :blush: Edited by WallaceLeeBrazeltonJr

Went and saw it this weekend with a bunch of friends. The most truthful statement in the movie is when Zaphod explains that you can't be president if you have a whole brain. Doesn't that just explain EVERYTHING!

Went and saw it this weekend with a bunch of friends.  The most truthful statement in the movie is when Zaphod explains that you can't be president if you have a whole brain.  Doesn't that just explain EVERYTHING!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, was it just me or did he (as an actor) REALLY seemed to have studied Mr. Bush's expressions for his character? Seriously, he had ALL the looks down, even that little coy smile with the 'heheheh' (shoulder's bouncing up and down). No?

Adrian

Went and saw it this weekend with a bunch of friends.  The most truthful statement in the movie is when Zaphod explains that you can't be president if you have a whole brain.  Doesn't that just explain EVERYTHING!
What might explain that, and some parts of the movie, is a quote from the author:
"...I really do mean Atheist. I really do not believe that there is a god - in fact I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one. It's easier to say that I am a radical Atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it's an opinion I hold seriously. It's funny how many people are genuinely surprised to hear a view expressed so strongly."

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but missed the nihilistic flavor of the previous incarnations. Events seemed so purposeful, and even Zaphod had a plan... That was almost as odd as watching Ford played as a nice person. Still, it was a fun watch and they stuck the Marvin from the BBC miniseries in the queue scene so that wierdos like me would get a chuckle....

• 3 weeks later...

I know this post is old, but I have a question or two about this movie. Is it still in the theater anywhere? I went to see it on the day it opened with my husband and my daughter (PG - hah, she's only 9 months old...lol) but I wasn't feeling well so I missed a big chunk out of the middle and still want to see it.

P.s. From reading the books, I saw Trillian as a blond, but she was okay I guess.

I know this post is old, but I have a question or two about this movie. Is it still in the theater anywhere? I went to see it on the day it opened with my husband and my daughter (PG - hah, she's only 9 months old...lol) but I wasn't feeling well so I missed a big chunk out of the middle and still want to see it.

P.s. From reading the books, I saw Trillian as a blond, but she was okay I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

check here

just put in your zip code, it should bring up all the movies in the area..

I saw it late too, just couldn't get away. Was worth the wait, I liked it. Hope they do the rest of the series. I haven't seen the original series for many years so I can't say if I liked it more or not.

• 4 weeks later...