Does My Music Rock Or Suck?

Lachrymal

Does my music rock or suck? www.myspace.com/adrianbartholomew (here to listen)  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Does my music rock or suck? www.myspace.com/adrianbartholomew (here to listen)

• Wow! You've got talent, kid!
    • Ouch! My friggin' ears are bleeding from that racket!
    • Keep working, you might have something someday!
    • This is GREAT background music...for vomiting.
    • Oh crap! I thought i stepped on my cat!
    • Woah! Are you single, Adrian?
    • Can I have your autograph?!?
    • Other...

KOWZAHSS!

My reply has gone missing - AGAIN! :huh:

Adrian, I cannot critique, I conform to the old "I know nowt about art but I do know what I like .." syndrome ..

All I can say is that if someone were playing that stuff live I would want to stay and listen or if it were on the radio I would leave the tuning knob alone :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KOWZAHSS!

My reply has gone missing - AGAIN!  :huh:

Adrian, I cannot critique, I conform to the old "I know nowt about art but I do know what I like .." syndrome ..

All I can say is that if someone were playing that stuff live I would want to stay and listen or if it were on the radio I would leave the tuning knob alone :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awe, thank you mr. git, that works just as well as a full critique for me :P

Adrian

• Administrator

Well I listened to more than 1. :P

From a classical buff thats saying something. :lol:

Bit too slow loading on dial up thats why i didnt listen to more.

Voice wise just be YOU.

Keep working on it - You will make it. :thumbu:

Well I listened to more than 1. :P  

From a classical buff thats saying something. :lol:

Bit too slow loading on dial up thats why i didnt listen to more.

Voice wise just be YOU.

Keep working on it - You will make it. :thumbu:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

gracias, ed :D

if you're a classical buff, you may be interested to know that i'm deeply considering transcribing Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata' to guitar, and writing lyrics for it...it would be quite a difficult task to write lyrics that would do the song justice, but...if i could pull it off, to MY satisfaction (which is the hardest satisfaction to gain :P ) then i think it may be well worth it...i dunno :P

Adrian

if you're a classical buff, you may be interested to know that i'm deeply considering transcribing Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata' to guitar, and writing lyrics for it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried transcribing Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody (the famous one). I got a decent chunk of it done but I needed two guitars and a bass and also hit some trouble spots where the piano notes just aren't playable on the guitar.

I listened to Your Prayer. The vocals definitely needed to be more up front in the mix. It's not my kind of music but it's got potential. One thing I didn't like was the long slide up the fretboard. It seemed to end on an off-key note.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you mean the last note the song ends on? because, if that's it, yeah, i'm aware of that :blush: thought about fixing it, but i don't have a lot of motivation (i'm lazy) so there it sits :P

but, yeah, thank you for listening and replying :)

Adrian

if you're a classical buff, you may be interested to know that i'm deeply considering transcribing Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata' to guitar, and writing lyrics for it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried transcribing Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody (the famous one). I got a decent chunk of it done but I needed two guitars and a bass and also hit some trouble spots where the piano notes just aren't playable on the guitar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, classical music is rarely easy on guitar :P

however, i don't use a normal tuning...actually, i've never heard of the tuning i use being used by ANYONE....but yeah, i don't use a normal tuning, so we'll see how it works out for me when i go to work on Moonlight Sonata...

also, i wouldn't transcribe it key for key...i would turn it into a guitar piece...turn it into something that COULD be a guitar song :)

Adrian

personally, I think it's great, but i'm kinda biased on the subject, so i need opinions!  HONESTY, PLEASE

listen to all four songs before deciding, please, the thought of you judging my entire scope of musical talent (or lack thereof) from one or two songs scares the poopoo out of me, so PLEASE listen to them all :D

thank you

thank you,

THANK YOU

for your time and honesty :)

Adrian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your music definately does not suck.

While I was busy kicking the leprichaun, I listened to all four of the available clips, and I liked them all.

I wish I had that talent.

I'ma big fan of the epic rock bands ('65-'85)....I would love to hear your serious rendition of one of those classic rock tunes... particularly, I think you'd be able to do any number of the acoustic CSN tunes..

Mike

personally, I think it's great, but i'm kinda biased on the subject, so i need opinions!  HONESTY, PLEASE

listen to all four songs before deciding, please, the thought of you judging my entire scope of musical talent (or lack thereof) from one or two songs scares the poopoo out of me, so PLEASE listen to them all :D

thank you

thank you,

THANK YOU

for your time and honesty :)

Adrian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your music definately does not suck.

While I was busy kicking the leprichaun, I listened to all four of the available clips, and I liked them all.

I wish I had that talent.

I'ma big fan of the epic rock bands ('65-'85)....I would love to hear your serious rendition of one of those classic rock tunes... particularly, I think you'd be able to do any number of the acoustic CSN tunes..

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome, thank you so much :)

I'm downloading some CSN now, never listened to them before :blush: So far, I have 'helplessly hoping'. I like this one so far, gonna keep exploring, see what i think of everything i find :D

Thank you, both for your compliments, and for turning me on to a band i haven't really considered before :)

Adrian

however, i don't use a normal tuning...actually, i've never heard of the tuning i use being used by ANYONE....but yeah, i don't use a normal tuning, so we'll see how it works out for me when i go to work on Moonlight Sonata...

What tuning do you use?

also, i wouldn't transcribe it key for key...i would turn it into a guitar piece...turn it into something that COULD be a guitar song :)

Adrian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a good idea. I tried transcribing the bulk of the really recognizable parts for one guitar which works out okay. But being more free with my transcription is probably a better idea.

I'm downloading some CSN now, never listened to them before  :blush: So far, I have 'helplessly hoping'.  I like this one so far, gonna keep exploring, see what i think of everything i find :D

"Carry On" is also a really good tune.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

awesome, i'll check it out

What tuning do you use?

from low to high, it's

C#, F#, C#, F#, G#, C#

on paper, looks like it would be kinda monotonous, but it gives it quite a unique sound...bar chords, obvious work well, but there are a virtually endless number of finger possitions and slight alterations that give me a VERY wide variety of sounds. I'm able to play most standard tuned songs in my tuning, with a little work here and there...ironically, the tuning, while seemingly simplified, gives me a variety of more options :)

Adrian

from low to high, it's

C#, F#, C#, F#, G#, C#

on paper, looks like it would be kinda monotonous, but it gives it quite a unique sound...bar chords, obvious work well, but there are a virtually endless number of finger possitions and slight alterations that give me a VERY wide variety of sounds.  I'm able to play most standard tuned songs in my tuning, with a little work here and there...ironically, the tuning, while seemingly simplified, gives me a variety of more options :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks interesting. I'll have to play around with it.