Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stormbringer

All Must Read

148 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum! :)

Sadly, yes it is down...Has been for some time now... Something about it being a security risk that Murph was supposed to fix at some point... Er.. some day... Somehow...

(yells really loud) HEY MUUURRRRPPPHHHH! You listening out there????

(Dont worry, he'll hear it... Might take him a bit to get here, but he'll show)

Awe ... dissapointment setting in :( ... oh well thanks for the reply :kiss:

Hi there all shiny.gif , I am new here from Australia, and oh how I would love to come into the chat room and chat, rolleyes.gif but I have this problem that I hope you all can help me with, unsure.gif There is no link associated with a chat room anywhere on any page, wacko.gif hmmm. I wonder if it has been disabled, or is it that I just cant see it from down here on the bottom of the globe, teehee. laughing.gif

Looking forward to meeting you all some time. wink.gif

Greetings Shiralee,

You could invite us all down under for a good ole kangaroo barbeque.

Greetings Shiralee,

You could invite us all down under for a good ole kangaroo barbeque.

Thanks for the greetings Fawzo :kiss: Hey and I would love to invite you all to a BBQ here, but unfortunately I dont eat meat so the kangaroo is out! Have to make it vege sausages teehee. :lick:

due to recent changes in the forum software it actually takes a bit of working around things to get the chat room to integrate properly. I am working on it, but unfortunately it is low on the list of priorities right now.

it will be done, tho.

Ya know... Now that we got these nice shiny new digs.... Might be a good time to bounce this thing up a bit on the list??? Every new place needs SOME renovations, a chat room would be an awesome addition to our cool new home...

Just sayin'....

Still no chat?

Not yet. Invision has a new chat software out that I'm looking at, that's supposed to integrate with the software. Due to the problems with flashchat, I'm probably not going to go back to that, until I can look at it more and ensure that there are no security issues.

Just cuz I'm not sayin nuthin, don't mean I'm not lookin!

mmmmk.

So I have installed a chat room. It's a TRIAL version. Right now, we can have up to 5 people in there right now.

Depending on usage, functionality, etc., I may upgrade to the 20 person package.

You can access the chat by clicking on the "Chat" tab at the top of the page.

You can also see the number of people in the chat room, as denoted by the small number off to the side of the word "Chat" up there at the top of the page.

Play with it, see what you think, let me know.

what's wrong? did I call yer bluff?

:devil:

I've checked the room a few times. All quiet. Left the door unlocked and the coffee pot on. :coffee:

[Hello I just want to say thanks for the ideas they sound great..

Amythest29

Question : is there a tone for posts?

I sat by myself in the chat room for so long, I got into posting only to find Hexalpa had come and gone and I never knew it....

sniff, sniff..... gone.... my chance to chat passed me by.....

was my volume too low, or is there no tone for posts? If there isn't one, could we get one?

I have to defer to Murph on that one... the Deaf mod here, can't hear whether there's a tone. Now, if we could have a flashing icon on the screen, that would help those who hear with their eyes.

flashing taskbar icon might work... but might be a little complicated...

I joined ULC in 1964 or thereabout. Does anyone know if they have records going back that far.

I would like to have anything dated to have that date on it.

I joined ULC in 1964 or thereabout. Does anyone know if they have records going back that far.

I would like to have anything dated to have that date on it.

I imagine that they do... In fact I would think it would be the law. At any rate, your in the wrong section bro. This is for topics concerning the chat room (the little lint at the top that says "chat" opens a chat room). You'll have far better luck asking in the "legal" section- http://forum.ulc.net/index.php?/forum/13-legal-questions/

And welcome aboard! '64 huh? Rock on... bet you got some stories to tell! Look forward to seeing ya round the joint.

Since I've been here not that many people, in fact, no one goes to the chat room while im in the forum.

Sometimes you just have to hang out in there... it's a domino effect. If no one sees anyone there, they tend not to want to be the only one there, so they don't go in. Someone has to be first through the door, ya know. You've heard of closing down the club? Perhaps you can be the opener.

I See That It Has Been A Bit, Since You Have Had A New Reply Here. So, Here It Go's. How About A New Members Night? Like? Once A Week OR One Every Two Weeks? By The Way, Hi I'm Star (I'm New). Nice To Be Part Of The Family! Namaste With Love & Light... :hideingbhindcurtian:

Starlit - we do have the "Hot Seat" where we get to know new members...so if you would have any interest...just let me know!

Be Well, Blessings Be,

Al

(both are links)

Edited by Atwater Vitki

So, uh... When exactly are these meet-up times for chat?

So, uh... When exactly are these meet-up times for chat?

As far as "times" go...I'll just refer ya to above...here

There are a couple folks who are fairly regulars on Fri/Say evenings 5-7pm PDT.... but.... Chat is a hit or miss thing. You can always invite anyone ya want to chat with to a meeting time of your choice as well.

I also took the liberty of creating a sign up or "Notice" topic for those who would like to schedule a chat here.

Hope it helps!

Blessings Be,