Romans 7:1-4
7 Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law is binding on a person only during that person’s lifetime? 2 Thus a married woman is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives; but if her husband dies, she is discharged from the law concerning the husband. 3 Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man, she is not an adulteress.

4 In the same way, my friends, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God.

Yeshua affirms this in his own way on Matthew 19:16-19.

Matthew 19:16-19.

16 Then someone came to him and said, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” 17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; also, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Did Yeshua, the dabar (word) of God, just forget commandments? Did he just not feel he should remind practicing Jews of all the commandments? Let us read again.  "...If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; Honor your father and mother; also, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Yeshua clearly says that not all the commandments are not required for eternal life, but more importantly, we learn of Yeshua's commandments for the New Covenant, The Law of Christ. 

Yeshua not only takes away but even gives NEW commandments in John 13:34. 

John 13:34

34 I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.

Yeshua magnifies commandments and even adds more but I will not cite them all. What do you, my brothers and sisters, think of this? Do you still follow the 10 commandments of Moses even though our lord has abolished them? And for my non-Christian and Christian brothers and sisters, do you think this displays enough proof that Yeshua abolished the commandments or did I miss something that makes me wrong?

With Love,

Brother Yosef

Continue on to 5 and 6 in Romans 7 and you see the death analogy. The husband dies and the wife is no longer bound to the husband, we die we are no longer bound to the law. Jesus preached about the Kingdom of Heaven and we can be citizens in that Kingdom not only later but right now, if we die to ourselves and live for/with him. This citizenship has a new authority, new ability, and new required attitude and behavior than the requirements of the old covenant. Through Jesus the law is fulfilled and expanded, see the Sermon on the Mount. The new commandment Jesus gave simplifies and summarizes 6 of the 10 commandments and takes it from a list of "not to dos" to a "do this instead" and fulfill all those at the same time. 

• Like 2
On 3/18/2022 at 10:03 AM, Yosef said:

Do you still follow the 10 commandments of Moses even though our lord has abolished them?

I don't believe Jesus 'abolished' the 10 commandments. He kinda summarized the first 4 with the greatest commandment, to love the Lord with all your heart. And the second greatest commandment covered the rest with "Love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:37-40). What Jesus did do is remove the curse of the law, blotting out the transgressions of the repentant. But its as wrong today as it was thousands of years ago to break the commandments. 

9 hours ago, Dan56 said:

I don't believe Jesus 'abolished' the 10 commandments. He kinda summarized the first 4 with the greatest commandment, to love the Lord with all your heart. And the second greatest commandment covered the rest with "Love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:37-40). What Jesus did do is remove the curse of the law, blotting out the transgressions of the repentant. But its as wrong today as it was thousands of years ago to break the commandments. 

Do you believe the bible is Inerrant? If so, you must believe the words of Paul and therefore accept the laws were abolished.

16 hours ago, Yosef said:

Do you believe the bible is Inerrant? If so, you must believe the words of Paul and therefore accept the laws were abolished.

Yes, but neither Paul or Jesus abolished the commandments. Jesus fulfilled many of the ceremonial and sacrificial ordinances and statutes put in place to govern the Israelites making them obsolete , but said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" (Matthew 5:17). What changed was that the penalty for breaking the law was "nailed to the cross" (Colossians 2:14), we are now justified through grace by faith, that's the essence of the new covenant.  

Paul taught that "all have sinned" and that "the wages of sin is death", but even though Christ paid for our debts on Calvary, he never denounced the 10 commandments, i.e;  Its still not okay to murder, steal, commit adultery, etc. “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.” (Romans 3:31). So I respectfully disagree with you and Coolhand, because I believe the commandments are still relevant. 

The curse (penalty) of the law was blotted-out for believers, but the commandments remain intact. To me, the new age thinking that green lights sin is a dangerous proposition, "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me" (John 14:21).