MUTUAL ENCOURAGEMENT

This morning I was rolling through Romans.........

......something I've been doing more lately. I used to be more of a Tanakh kinda guy, then more of a prophet kinda guy, then the teaching of Jesus exclusively for a while. Lately if been getting into what Paul wrote. I honestly and intentionally avoided Paul for while because of how misunderstood Paul's writings are. He was a real smart guy and he has layers on top of layers and though Paul claims to be a servant of Jesus Christ, many choose to interpret Jesus through Paul.

Regardless, I'm finding a lot of peace and encouragement in the introduction parts of his letters. Something spoke to me this morning from Romans chapter one:

11 For I want very much to see you, so I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you,

12 that is, to be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine. (HCSB)

Looking back at everyone that I have known on this board, and the current members, and those that I've known here that have died. You can't help but notice the protentional for what Paul was talking about there to happen. And it did and does happen for sure, but not on the scale that it could be. Disagreements over details become exaggerated and cost is unknown. 

We can totally be an encouragement and a spiritual strengthening to one another. I look forward to giving and receiving that encouragement.