REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST

On and off through the years I have been interested in the New Testament book of Revelations. I would get excited about it, want to bring it up and talk about about, use the book for Bible Study topics only to move on to something else after the disagreements would start. Lately I have been fascinated by Revelations again and very much back into it.

The imagery and symbolism is captivating to me, and it seems to me like the expectation of the writer of the book presupposed that the readers would have a knowledge and maybe even a mastery of other books that were known at his time. It seems that some of the loudest interpretational opinions on the book are informed by the protestant 66 book Bible even though that intentionally limits what "John" may have been referring to, and that probably cannot be known at this point.  

In regard to this (REV Chapter 4):

4 After this I looked, and there in heaven a door stood open! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” 2 At once I was in the spirit, and there in heaven stood a throne, with one seated on the throne! 3 And the one seated there looks like jasper and carnelian, and around the throne is a rainbow that looks like an emerald. 4 Around the throne are twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones are twenty-four elders, dressed in white robes, with golden crowns on their heads. 5 Coming from the throne are flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and in front of the throne burn seven flaming torches, which are the seven spirits of God; 6 and in front of the throne there is something like a sea of glass, like crystal. 
Around the throne, and on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind: 7 the first living creature like a lion, the second living creature like an ox, the third living creature with a face like a human face, and the fourth living creature like a flying eagle. 8 And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and inside. Day and night without ceasing they sing, 
    “Holy, holy, holy, 
    the Lord God the Almighty, 
    who was and is and is to come.” 
9 And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to the one who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall before the one who is seated on the throne and worship the one who lives forever and ever; they cast their crowns before the throne, singing, 
    11      “You are worthy, our Lord and God, 
    to receive glory and honor and power, 
    for you created all things, 
    and by your will they existed and were created.” 

The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version (Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1989), Re 4:1–11.

What are some impressions/ opinions (educated or not) that you have when reading this?

• 2 weeks later...

Tobit 12:15

15 I am Raphael, one of the seven holy angels who present the prayers of the saints and enter into the presence of the glory of the Holy One.” 

Revelation 8:2–4

Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. 3 And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer; and he was given much incense to mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar before the throne; 4 and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel before God.

Man, it would be cool to be Raphael and have that job.

Im trying to experience that scene there, like I want to go there. 

This verse plays in my head over and over day and night, im hoping to use its momentum to get there:

"Holy holy holy is the Lord God almighty, who was, who is, who is to come"